IGNORED

I wonder if the Maxwells will attend Erins wedding...

Justme

:think: They are friends with the Duggars. I wonder if they are friends with the Bates, as well. Kelly said TLC would be filming. She didn't say if they were having their own special or if it would be on the Duggars next season. It would be so wild if TLC caught Stevie and put him on the BEAST! :cracking-up:

(I hope they have their own special. It would be nice for TLC to pay them rather than the Boob.)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the years I've been following them, I don't recall them every going to anyone's wedding besides Christopher's, at least, not that they've mentioned on the blog.

There's that youngish couple without kids that helps them out frequently and has given them art lessons, but I'm not sure how they know those two or if the went to the couple's wedding.

:think: They are friends with the Duggars. I wonder if they are friends with the Bates, as well. Kelly said TLC would be filming. She didn't say if they were having their own special or if it would be on the Duggars next season. It would be so wild if TLC caught Stevie and put him on the BEAST! :cracking-up:

(I hope they have their own special. It would be nice for TLC to pay them rather than the Boob.)

I think, if the wedding is a special, it'll include the Duggars packing, running late, travelling, and commenting on the whole shebang - as usual. Couldn't guess how much of the TLC $$s would go to Erin/Chad and the Bateses. The wedding probably wouldn't be a special without the Duggars but the Duggars wouldn't have the episode(s) without the Bateses.

I can see Ben coming along for this one. It would stifle the Bateses have a daughter getting married while all the Duggar daughters are still single chatter.

The Bateses might have more than animal crackers to eat and you couldn't have the Maxwells ruining their dinners by eating yummy treats. There might be music that people are tapping their feet to and children may be dancing (moved by the spirit of Jesus). Some of the women might be flashing their lower legs and collar bones.

All in all, the Bates-Paine wedding would be too worldly for Steve Maxwell (therefore all Maxwells).

I hope that it isn't as gross as Smuggar and Smugette or Davilla and Priscilla.

No, it would be too fun. If they decided to go they would be standing in a corner judging everyone.

Agree!! They would never go to a wedding where the bride & groom held hands before they were married!

According to Kelly, they sent 800 invitations (with no RSVP!), so I think they will at least be invited.

Really? Where did u read that.

We were talking about it in the Patch Pirate thread, but here is the comment from the Bates family blog:

Amy October 23, 2013 at 1:54 am

How are the wedding plans for Erin and Chad coming along? How many people do you expect to come? Who will sing the music for their wedding? Praying for you and your family!

Kelly October 24, 2013 at 4:14 am

Dear Amy,

Getting soooooooooo close!!!! Hmmm……not sure what to expect for attendance; there was no RSVP… She mailed 800 invitations…lol! Chad and Erin are singing and Rachel Leftwhich. Love, Kelly

800!?! Now, does 800 invitations actually mean 800 invitations (ie: the Duggar family gets one invitation) or does that mean 800 people. Either way, that wedding is going to enormous.

800!?! Now, does 800 invitations actually mean 800 invitations (ie: the Duggar family gets one invitation) or does that mean 800 people. Either way, that wedding is going to enormous.

Was wondering the same thing!

Was wondering the same thing!

Sounds like 800 INVITATIONS! That sounds insane.

It's pretty common in our family to have over 500 guests at a wedding. I had one cousin who had over 1,000 buy it's because a wedding is equivalent to a family reunion so everyone shows up for that auspicious occasion. Typically for the reception we usually expect 100+ guests to show up without rsvping, so we usually have extra tables and food ready. We're Indian..it's typical :p. my future sister-in-law's wedding was suppose to be 500 but 600 ended up showing up. Things went a little hectic but that's not unusual.

I don't know how the bates know 800 guests but I'm guessing maybe some are fans? Someone asked Kelly about it and she said to shoot them a mail and Erin would send an invitation. I think it could be one if those open weddings.

Hah the maxhells at Erin's wedding. That wouldn't happen unless the pastor spends what seems like forever talking about death. No death talk = no wedding. Besides, I'm sure they think the bates are too worldly. Expressing love before marriage?! Touching before marriage?! It's the devil talking!!

I am so hoping they livestream this thing but I am not seeing anything that shows that they are planning to. I would actually like to see it as it's happening sans all the Duggar nonsense thrown in if it gets to be shown on TLC later on.

And I really want to see what she does with her hair for this occasion. More then the dress.

I don't think they're going to livestream it, but I'm pretty sure TLC is filming it so we will see at least some of it eventually.

I really wonder what they're thinking, just saying 'shoot us an email, and we'll invite you!' All snark on fundies aside, that is dangerous as fuck. You don't know who is on the other side of the screen.

I don't think I would invite strangers to my wedding - I think it's enough that I'll be meeting fiance's family and friends that I don't know - and probably have to reintroduce myself to my own family members that I haven't seen in God only kknows how long...

I really wonder what they're thinking, just saying 'shoot us an email, and we'll invite you!' All snark on fundies aside, that is dangerous as fuck. You don't know who is on the other side of the screen.

I don't think I would invite strangers to my wedding - I think it's enough that I'll be meeting fiance's family and friends that I don't know - and probably have to reintroduce myself to my own family members that I haven't seen in God only kknows how long...

I wonder how many wedding crasher types will show up seeing how easy they are making it to get invited. Hope they have some security staff there just in case. Seriously. A friend of mine actually had security at her wedding because of reports of wedding crashers in the area who would just walk in. But in this case, anybody who wants to crash would actually have an invitation. Not a good idea. Not to mention freeloader types who come in equipped with an invitation and a long lost relative story or two.

I did have actual strangers at my wedding. A couple of distant cousins of my husbands whom he never met before and haven't met since but MIL put them on the invite list because husband's family was so small and in order to have the same number of people on their side as mine (we tried to make as even as possible), she invited some pretty distant relatives. Even my husband couldn't remember their names.

Archived