IGNORED

the new online only VF catalog is up....

danvillebelle

I'm not even joking, I clicked on this thread because I thought it said VS catalog, and was like, "Yaaaay, let's discuss bras!"

Awkward.

Ooooh, now I want to see a VS/VF catalogue mash-up! :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the description for the nano block building set on page 39: "Want to be an architect? How about an airplane builder? Well, there's no degree required to work out your model-building urges."

1) Subtle dig at "teh ebil" college education? Or maybe a critique of all those unnecessary government regulations about having educated, licensed people building structures that don't fall down or planes that don't come apart in the sky? Silly, I know, but I rather prefer people who build planes IRL to have degrees, and I believe kids should know that yes, a degree is required quite often for those jobs.

2) Airplane "builder?" Engineer, technician, etc.

3) "model-building urges?" Just sounds gross.

4) nano blocks? Lego isn't small enough? And who wants such limited designs? My little bro and I were never happier than when dumping every Lego set together to make original stuff. Who lacks the vision to be satisfied with following instructions to make one predetermined dolphin? Oh, wait...

I think it's a tacit acknowledgement that there are some careers that are going to be closed to their children because those children won't be allowed to go to college. They'll have to live out their interests and passions through making models, nothing more.

Ooooh, now I want to see a VS/VF catalogue mash-up! :lol:

Dougie (who is a tool) in lace stockings, manly romping the uncharted jungles of Amazon with his ever-faithfull Sippy Cup in purple thongs... Suddenly, a giant anaconda erects in front of them...!

Archived