IGNORED

Sleepy Hollow

niagarahauls

I watched the pilot, but it didn't hook me. I can't quite explain why. It was well made, and well acted. The premise is something that would usually appeal to me. But for some reason, I just sort of shrugged. If it turns out to be awesome, let me know.

I doesn't look like it would appeal to me, but I know two people who live in the town it was filmed it who are super excited and post about it all the time. It looks like it might be a little on the scary/gory side and I don't do those sorts of shows.

It hasn't quite grabbed me yet, but I've watched both episodes. The chemistry hasn't really formed for the main actors so hopefully, it'll improve.

I've watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them both. It does feel like a bit of a retread of fifth season Supernatural, but hopefully they'll continue to be different enough that it won't just feel like a copy. It helps that the fifth season of Supernatural only looks good in comparison to the awful drek that came in the later seasons. I'm extremely happy Katrina is still alive since that will avert the awful Will They/Won't They Bang nonsense most shows with a male and female lead couple get into. Oh, and giving the colonists English accents? Very nice touch. Most people seem to forget that the colonists were only one or two generations removed from Britain at most and certainly would not have had time to evolve modern American accents.

I typically love scary/gory shows, but this one hasn't hooked me. Not giving up yet, though, I'll watch a couple of more episodes and see if I warm up to it.

I'm extremely happy Katrina is still alive since that will avert the awful Will They/Won't They Bang nonsense most shows with a male and female lead couple get into.

That's one of my biggest pet peeves when shows have male and female lead characters.

I watched the first few minutes of the pilot, but then got interrupted. Seems like my kind of thing. I'm always into shows that involve a supernatural aspect or at least some mystery.

I should really branch out and get into real life drama :lol:

I enjoyed/cringed at the part where he expressed shock that a black woman would be in a position of authority. It seems to me that the issues of racism, sexism, etc. are usually glossed over or ignored in anything that involves time travel or a 'glimpse into the past' in contemporary media. Of course, when they are addressed, the writers have to make sure to let their audience know that the 'good' characters on the show, even in the past, are in no way racist or sexist, which is a bit of a cowardly way to address a complex issue, imo, but also understandable.

I watched episode 3 tonight and I think I am hooked. I will have to watch the previous ones.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that for some odd reason Ichabod Crane finds himself alive in current time upstate N.Y. It has something to do with End Times. It seems that the headless horseman is one of the four horsemen of the acropolis. I wonder if the fundies would like this show.

No fundie would be caught dead watching this show. Magic presented as a good thing and the End of Days as a bad thing? That's like their kryptonite. I tried to get my dad to watch it and he balked at it over the magic and that was without knowing about the apocalyptic aspect.

I do like that the monster of the week episodes like this week's still manage to push forward the overall plot. It makes them feel less like filler. It did irk me that they had the Roanoke settlers speaking Middle English though. I question whether Crane would have even called it Middle English and Roanoke was settled during the reign of Elizabeth; they would have spoken Early Modern English, the same language you'll find in Shakespeare's plays and the King James Bible. It's especially irritating considering they did enough research to write what sounded to my amateur ear like fairly authentic Middle English dialogue without coming across that fact.

Archived