IGNORED

Cruz Heckled at Value Voters Event

salex

Flipping through the channels, I saw Cruz being heckled with the FRC logo behind him. It turns out it was CBN, so I popped out to their website and listened for about 2 more minutes. Part of that was Huckabee distancing himself from the Republicans congressional votes and from Ted Cruz-- and why, yes, Huckabee is exploring a run for president.

IN a separate interview, Cruz said the heckling was planned...

I also saw the results from their FRC straw for who the attendees support for president in the next election.

Senator Ted Cruz 42%

Dr. Ben Carson 13%

Senator Rick Santorum 13%

Senator Rand Paul 6%

Senator Marco Rubio 5%

Congressman Paul Ryan 4%

Governor Mike Huckabee 4%

Governor Mike Pence 3%

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann 2%

Governor Rick Perry 2%

Governor Chris Christie1%

Tony Perkins, the head of the Family Research Council said the following:

"The Values Voter straw poll reveals what conservative, Republican-leaning voters are looking for in a potential candidate. Values voters are looking for those who will refuse to be bound by the 'can't mentality' of the establishment and will challenge the status quo. In short, values voters, many of whom did not fully engage in the last election, are looking for a leader that will inspire them by challenging President Obama and speak clearly and directly to the challenges facing America.â€

blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2013/10/12/the-rock-star-has-landed-ted-cruz-wins-values-voter.aspx

I found it interesting that they think whomever runs in 2016 will be challenging Obama.... but ok.

I take heart that they don't seem representative of the population at large or other Republicans. Here is their straw poll from 2011

The Straw Poll results are in from the Value Voters Summit. See below.

Results:

- Paul 37%

- Cain 23%

- Santorum 16%

- Perry 8%

- Bachmann 8%

- Romney 4%

- Gingrich 3%

- Huntsman 0%

- Undecided 1%

blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2011/10/08/values-voter-straw-poll-what-it-means.aspx

So, keep up the good work, values voters.

After looking at the polling numbers, I think another way to look at this is not that they don't know who the Democratic candidate will be in 2016, but rather, they are looking for people who will 'demonstrate their leadership' by standing up to Obama like Cruz did with his ridiculous filibuster against the AHCA.

After looking at the polling numbers, I think another way to look at this is not that they don't know who the Democratic candidate will be in 2016, but rather, they are looking for people who will 'demonstrate their leadership' by standing up to Obama like Cruz did with his ridiculous filibuster against the AHCA.

I personally love that Huckabee (who I hate) is badmouthing Cruz. Let the splinter group splinter!

It's nice to see them eat their own. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

Doesn't Ted Cruz have a little problem being born in Canada? He was born in Alberta where his parents were working in the oil fields. That makes him foreign-born. Don't those teabaggers/birthers/motherfuckers like to squawk about Obama not being born in America despite his producing his birth certificate and some witnesses to his birth coming forward?

Doesn't Ted Cruz have a little problem being born in Canada? He was born in Alberta where his parents were working in the oil fields. That makes him foreign-born. Don't those teabaggers/birthers/motherfuckers like to squawk about Obama not being born in America despite his producing his birth certificate and some witnesses to his birth coming forward?

.cafeconlecherepublicans.com/is-ted-cruz-a-natural-born-citizen/

One explanation, which, when I read it, would mean Obama, no matter where in the world he was born, would qualify as a natural born citizen as well.

So how many fundies can dance on the head of a pin?

Maybe he doesn't want to be President, but to get some sort of powerful spot in Washington circles. Like a stupider version of Kevin Spacey in House of Cards.

I'm glad to see Paul Ryan has dropped so far below the radar-- there is something about that smug, creepy little toad that I find particularly loathsome. Perhaps it is his hypocrisy coupled with his little Eddie Munster face and his "sexy" workout pics but I wanted him off my TV screen and out of national politics. I was afraid he was the Second Coming of Sarah Palin, riding the populist wave of mediocrity and forever threatening to run again. We'll see. If he plans to run, he better do something attention-grabbing pretty soon.

I'm not even ready to think about this, man...

Granted, I think chances are more than good that the batshit GOP has shot themselves in the foot too many times to ever get elected to office.

Archived