IGNORED

Kelly 2 breasts making things up.

OkToBeTakei

Or at least I hope she is.

In her recent nonsense post she recounts a conversation she has with her 5 year old daughter.

I wish I had recorded it. It was so cute and fun as are most conversations with a 5 year old. I’ve tried to remember the conversation as closely to verbatim as possible. Listen in:

Kyla:â€Mom, you have lots of babies. Are you going to have more?â€

Me: “I don’t know. Do you think I should stop?â€

Kyla: “How do you stop?â€

Me: “I could take a pill or have a surgery to make my body stop.â€

Kyla: (puzzled look) “Take a pill, like medicine?â€

Me: “Yep.â€

Kyla: “Are you sick?â€

Me: “No, but you can take something to make your body not work right so you won’t have any more babies.â€

Kyla: Eyebrows furrowed. Then, brighten again. “What if God gives you more?â€

Me: “Well that’s the thing. I only know that if I don’t take the pill.â€

Kyla: “I’m glad you didn’t take a pill. I would NOT want to live with another family.â€

Her lively little face actually turned sad when I explained to her that she would not be living with another family but would, in fact, not be living at all.

And this fact, this looking into my children’s big eyes and trying to imagine life without them is what most propels me to trust in God’s sovereignty over life, even when my flesh fails. There is so much He knows that I don’t. About me, about our circumstances and about her and her future.

Fundies are such a contradiction. I would balk at discussing contraception with a 5 yr old girl because you know...want them to be a kid. Have fun. Yet by the time the fundie girls are teens when I am discussing this they are discussing 'modest' clothing and how evil we the non-fundies are. I'm evil for not using my child to illustrate my beliefs at age 5 on my blog by discussing contraception...? I'm A OK with that.

Also.

Just like my daughter counsels women each week who are contemplating abortion, urging them to consider that the life inside them is no mistake and is depending on them to give it a chance to live, even the babies-to-be depend on a mother and father willing to receive them. Babies whom God has known from the foundations.

Kyla understands that. She hasn’t been educated enough to know that people are too expensive and bothersome to raise and thus, easily and flippantly avoided.

Babies are people to her; important people. People who, like her, are glad they get to live with their families.

If even one women is made to make a decision they do not want or is not right for them through this type of religious pressure, the outcome is not all the joyful sweetness and light Kelly portrays. Where is Kelly when one such persuaded is struggling and hungry? Oh that's right so is Kelly. She is just too ignorant to see it.

The last analogy is just too stupid to comment on.

You know, I think fundies/quiverfulls have a belief that God has planned, for each married couple, a certain number of children who are somehow already beings even though they haven't been conceived. So to use contraception is to deny these beings the right to being conceived and born.

This logic is wrong on so many levels. Even if you believe God has created and planned each life, doesn't mean that if I use birth control for a year, and wait to have a baby until next year, that I've missed out on conceiving baby "A" which should (??) have been born this year. God is going to give you the kids he planned for you whenever you have them, because there isn't life until conception. (Umm...okay, I realize this is my opinion, but I wanted to show the difference between that and what people such as Kelly believe.)

The last analogy is just too stupid to comment on.

What Kyla will never be educated enough to know is that another person's decision to limit the size of her family or whatever has absolutely nothing to do with SOTDRT Kyla and, in fact, is none of her damned business.

The thing that drives me nuts about fundies is that they aren't satisfied with living their own lives according to their beliefs. They won't rest until everyone else lives their lives the way fundie style. (I know, I know, that's pretty much the definition of fundies.)

Sooooo... does this mean every unfertilized egg is a child who was never given a chance to live? How utterly tragic. Quick, outlaw periods! And abstinence - all those babies left without a chance! And all single people ever. And nuns. Those too.

Leave no egg unfertilized, I say.

There is so much He knows that I don’t. About me, about our circumstances and about her and her future.

Yeah, too bad he's not omnipotent, though. Easily thwarted by one little pill or a thin layer of latex. Sheesh, what sort of cut-rate deity is he?

If she hasn't happened to have sex that night, little Kyla wouldn't be here. If the sperm race had gone a little differently, it would be another kid. You can't lose yourself in ridiculous hypotheticals and what-ifs. If her daughter hadn't been conceived (or, like so many successful conceptions, had miscarried before she knew she was pregnant), she wouldn't be around to care, and her erstwhile mother wouldn't know to miss her. Life would go on with nary a gap.

Kyla understands that. She hasn’t been educated enough to know that people are too expensive and bothersome to raise and thus, easily and flippantly avoided.

I love kittens. Love 'em. I was giddy with glee when we got adopted by a pregnant cat because YAY KITTENS!!!! And the second they were old enough I schlepped them down to the ASPCA van at the crack of dawn, paid $75 out of pocket that I didn't have, and got the lot of them fixed. Because I know what repeat pregnancies does to a cat, I know what early pregnancies does, and I know how quickly cats and costs proliferate if you let them and how bad the care per cat will be with a multitude.

Repeat pregnancies is as bad for humans and their offspring as for cats, human children require a hire quality of care, and for goodness sakes, kids ARE expensive. It IS selfish to have more children than you could reasonably afford to take care of, because you make life harder on your existing children. The ACTUAL people, not the dream people you imagine in your head.

Sooooo... does this mean every unfertilized egg is a child who was never given a chance to live? How utterly tragic.

Every sperm is sacred.

I can vaguely remember a movie, possibly Shirley Temple, where she meets all the children who will be born one day. There is a kind of heaven for them where they wait. Towards the end of the the lead girl is sad because she has made friends and has to leave them behind and go home. The friends say not to worry, they will see her again, they are going to be her brother and sister. (I was really little when I saw the movie and it was already really old. Maybe someone else can identify it.) Anyway, I think that is exactly how fundies see the world. Lots of little children standing around waiting to be born.

... I thought is was a cute little story? Sounds like Q's all little kids ask. We all answer differently.

Has anyone ever told these women how many damn eggs they have? And how science has recently discovered that, no, that's not a finite number. And, hey, every time you have a period, that's an egg releasing that could've been fertilized? So, OK, if God has this shit all planned out, and he knows how many kids you're going to have, why do you have periods? Shouldn't you just conceive according to his plan when he thinks you should? What, did he leave you with some back door to force you, the GOOD CHRISTIAN™ to prove they were above all this by making the choice God made for you but didn't let you in on?

But, really, think about all the cakes I don't eat each year. Those cakes could've gone in my mouthpot and been adored by me, but no, I have to have some freaking self control.

Babies are people to her; important people.

Kelly, if babies are so important to you, perhaps you shouldn't give them made-up names that doom them to a stripper pole and/or a career in adult films. Seriously, can you imagine a doctor named Kaiden Jace Crawford?

Oh, silly me! I forgot that the Crawfords don't use doctors for their children-- they just call the nearest vet.

... I thought is was a cute little story? Sounds like Q's all little kids ask. We all answer differently.

No you are missing the point. Generation Kelly most likely made this up. If you think that is a cute story then I feel sorry for your kids. WHY would you want to discuss the pill or surgery to a five year old? Tell your five your old you can take a pill that makes their Mum who is their world at this age body 'not work' correctly. To the point where your five your old asks are you sick? This is not really a good place for a five year old. Sure we all answer differently. I don't find pushing my agenda on a five year old 'cute' I find it self serving and disturbing. Religion above your child?

There is though nothing at all cute about that conversation. There could have been, we all have had those conversations. The point at age five is to give a factually but plausible child friendly answer, unless you feel your particular five year old needs to know about contraception and the possibility she may not be here if her Mum used it. Except Kelly, well she needs to push her religious agenda at all costs despite her children, the irony is stunning.

Sooooo... does this mean every unfertilized egg is a child who was never given a chance to live? How utterly tragic. Quick, outlaw periods! And abstinence - all those babies left without a chance! And all single people ever. And nuns. Those too.

I guess all women, including fundies are serial killers because of having periods from the start of puberty through menopause. For every pregnancy some fundie carries to term, she has many other eggs that don't get fertilized. There are also those eggs that do get fertilized, but there's something wrong there and the egg ends up being a tiny miscarriage that feels like a normal period, especially if that period isn't late.

I can vaguely remember a movie, possibly Shirley Temple, where she meets all the children who will be born one day. There is a kind of heaven for them where they wait. Towards the end of the the lead girl is sad because she has made friends and has to leave them behind and go home. The friends say not to worry, they will see her again, they are going to be her brother and sister. (I was really little when I saw the movie and it was already really old. Maybe someone else can identify it.) Anyway, I think that is exactly how fundies see the world. Lots of little children standing around waiting to be born.

I can remember seeing that too but don't remember the name of the movie.

No you are missing the point. Generation Kelly most likely made this up. If you think that is a cute story then I feel sorry for your kids. WHY would you want to discuss the pill or surgery to a five year old? Tell your five your old you can take a pill that makes their Mum who is their world at this age body 'not work' correctly. To the point where your five your old asks are you sick? This is not really a good place for a five year old. Sure we all answer differently. I don't find pushing my agenda on a five year old 'cute' I find it self serving and disturbing. Religion above your child?

There is though nothing at all cute about that conversation. There could have been, we all have had those conversations. The point at age five is to give a factually but plausible child friendly answer, unless you feel your particular five year old needs to know about contraception and the possibility she may not be here if her Mum used it. Except Kelly, well she needs to push her religious agenda at all costs despite her children, the irony is stunning.

Yes I do not know anything about this Kelly. Please don't worry about my children, they are fantastic little people with a great life.

Have a great night!

Yes I do not know anything about this Kelly. Please don't worry about my children, they are fantastic little people with a great life.

Have a great night!

Hehe. Read up on her then you will understand. She once posted a recipe in which she fed 12 people with 2 chicken breasts and how this was FABULOUS nutrition for her kids. She's a special kind of horrible. Lives on her parents land. Likes to make out everybody but her is reliant on 'help' well IF I lived in or on my parents land free I would not be giving those who do not advice. Then the tornado that destroyed her house. But God provided. She begged basically. Then made a huge issue of saying she took no Government assistance. Begging is better.

So I do apologise I'm sure the LittleMamalings are fine it makes more sense when you say you do not know her so I am sorry for that comment, I assumed by commenting Kelly Generation Starvation 2 chicken breasts would have been familiar to you.

I suggest a search of all her misnomers :lol:

I'm still confused at how anyone could read that and think it was cute. What is cute about talking to a small child like that?

I can remember seeing that too but don't remember the name of the movie.

It is called The Bluebird. Strangely, it's disturbing and boring.

Thankyou. I was too young to be disturbed or bored when I saw it. I think probably 5 when Mum was pregnant with my brother - it's why the kids waiting to be born would have stuck.

I want to shake some logic into Kelly. God is all powerful Kelly! I believe that. I'd like to think that you, who claim to be Christian, also believe that. All powerful. Think about what that means. If he wants someone to be pregnant, it's going to happen. Aargh. Why don't these people think! (My eldest child was conceived while I was on the pill.)

I saw one like that with demi moore in it.

I saw one like that with demi moore in it.

Are you thinking of "The 7th Sign", where she came thisclose to giving birth to the antichrist (or something)?

Don't forget the sperm!

I've known people who got pregnant with every kind of birth control out there, including the pill, Depo, unbroken condoms, and vasectomies. I even saw a viable intrauterine pregnancy after the woman had her tubes tied.

I simply cannot understand how an all powerful god would let a few chemicals get in the way. I mean, Mary was a virgin, right?

It's the Blue Bird of Happiness, and it's Shirley Temple's last kid film, made as a response to The Wizard of Oz

Also.

I find this part alarming. That kind of predatory behavior should be illegal. Lying to and misleading minors (as we noted [link=http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16920]here[/link]) is absolutely evil and in no way can be morally justified. Also unprofessional people have no business counseling to anyone.

This image is very suitable here. screen-shot-2013-09-27-at-8-46-50-am.png That's Kelly's brain.

Archived