IGNORED

Kelly C. Can Hardly Live Life Right Now!

DomWackTroll

"And I'm consumed with grief for the millions of children who are being hurt by school, whose parents don’t even see it or remotely suspect it. It's hard to write about, even, because there is so much, so many things wrong, it feels like an ocean. And because to speak against government education is to invite the rottenest tomatoes, even though, ironically, my sole purpose is a deep care for people." :violin:

generationcedar.com/main/2013/09/schooling-has-nothing-to-do-with-real-education-john-taylor-gatto-part-1.html

Always the martyr. ALWAYS.

Dear Kelly,

I can guarantee my blessings would be far less hurt by the education at even the shittiest government school than by your SOTDRT. Why don't you take all that energy you spend worrying about my children and put it into doing something positive for yours instead. Perhaps you could consider ways of minimising the housework and childcare your daughters have to do so that _they_ can get a bit more education? Or maybe you could sign up for the government aid you're entitled to so that they can live on something better than 2 tablespoons of pureed chicken breast?

Cheers, uber frau

Clearly Kelly hasn't taken a hard, objective look at the truly mediocre products of her own SODTRT teaching methods. Exhibit A: Bria Crawford's blog.

integrityofthehome.blogspot.ca/

Clearly Kelly hasn't taken a hard, objective look at the truly mediocre products of her own SODTRT teaching methods. Exhibit A: Bria Crawford's blog.

:lol: :lol:

I just adore that Kelly thinks she is an intellectual. She's a fanny. Plain and simple.

(fanny is a term very different in my culture to America) AND funnier.

I read her orgasmfest about the guy who ...OH wow happened to agree with her thoughts. It is a talent you know.

Google.

Find me a blog that agrees with my shit.

DOH!

Kelly has been at the top of my shit list since she posted that the April 27, 2011 tornadoes were a blessing.

Oh, my -- she actually wrote

The book is so powerful, so profound, and so radically challenges everything most people believe about public education (going far beyond the academic failures of the classroom), that I can hardly live life right now.

With the underlining and everything!

I just adore that Kelly thinks she is an intellectual. She's a fanny. Plain and simple.

Here's the thing about calling Kelly a fanny -- on either side of the pond, it works. :D

Although, I happen to think both of those rather useful body parts are more important and pleasant than Kelly is.

As for the author she's recommending, I don't know anything about him. But a skim of this article of his

tysknews.com/Depts/Educate/public_school_nightmare.htm

makes me think that his slant is that organized schooling, as we know it, has no other purpose than killing individuality and critical thinking.

Rather ironic, considering that most of Kelly's type of "homeschooling" is all about rigid restriction to learning about Jesus, and all of Mom and Dad's personal biases.

I wonder if she will start imitating his habit of wearing two watches.

Oh, my -- she actually wrote

With the underlining and everything!

Here's the thing about calling Kelly a fanny -- on either side of the pond, it works. :D

Although, I happen to think both of those rather useful body parts are more important and pleasant than Kelly is.

As for the author she's recommending, I don't know anything about him. But a skim of this article of his

http://www.tysknews.com/Depts/Educate/p ... htmare.htm

makes me think that his slant is that organized schooling, as we know it, has no other purpose than killing individuality and critical thinking.

Rather ironic, considering that most of Kelly's type of "homeschooling" is all about rigid restriction to learning about Jesus, and all of Mom and Dad's personal biases.

I wonder if she will start imitating his habit of wearing two watches.

Sure! Why not? It will fit right in with her habit of cooking two chicken breasts!! :lol:

Yeah, that. If Bria is an example of the type of adult Kelly's education methods will produce, public school is looking better and better :?

I'm ashamed to say it, but I only this week saw "Slumdog Millionaire," saw how the poor live in India. For two days following, felt I could hardly live life right now .... living in clean comfort, crowing over getting like-new shoes (that I don't need) for $1 a pair at a local garage sale fundraiser, while folks are born and live and die like that. Finding out the young actors were dumped back into the slums after they'd made TPTB all kinds of money -- aurgh! I've got those great-bargain shoes wrapped up to go to a 3rd-world charity.

But I'm not here to try to assuage my shame at being so myopic for so many years. I'm here to propose that we promote Kelly C far and wide, wide and far. This woman, and her inconceivably narrow and arrogant worldview, should be publicized to expose the patriarchy/dominion culture for what it is.

Take Kelly's stupidity to the world! Shine the light of truth upon the insane hopelessness!!!

There really is nobody quite as suited for the job as Kelly 2-chicken-breasts. :doh:

:lol: :lol:

I read her orgasmfest about the guy who ...OH wow happened to agree with her thoughts. It is a talent you know.

Google.

Find me a blog that agrees with my shit.

DOH!

I actually know what "fanny" means where you are, but I read it as "She's a butt" which made me spit almond butter all over my desk. Thanks!

Kelly has been at the top of my shit list since she posted that the April 27, 2011 tornadoes were a blessing.

Remember the "funnel cloud heart? I wanted to punch that bitch through my screen when I saw that. Combined with her "woe is me, give me money" posts, my dislike for her ramped up tenfold.

"And I'm consumed with grief for the millions of children who are being hurt by school, whose parents don’t even see it or remotely suspect it. It's hard to write about, even, because there is so much, so many things wrong, it feels like an ocean. And because to speak against government education is to invite the rottenest tomatoes, even though, ironically, my sole purpose is a deep care for people."

Wow, the wording of that rant is... off. Vague and grandiose. I wonder if she's mentally healthy (aside from the usual paranoid fundie beliefs)?

"And I'm consumed with grief for the millions of children who are being hurt by school, whose parents don’t even see it or remotely suspect it. It's hard to write about, even, because there is so much, so many things wrong, it feels like an ocean. And because to speak against government education is to invite the rottenest tomatoes, even though, ironically, my sole purpose is a deep care for people." :violin:

generationcedar.com/main/2013/09/schooling-has-nothing-to-do-with-real-education-john-taylor-gatto-part-1.html

Always the martyr. ALWAYS.

You can save your grief for your own children when they're serving my public-school-educated children french fries or cleaning their houses, because that's pretty much all your children will be qualified for.

You can save your grief for your own children when they're serving my public-school-educated children french fries or cleaning their houses, because that's pretty much all your children will be qualified for.

Actually, that's what Bria does now that she's graduated from homeschool. She cleans a neighbor's house once a week. I don't think she does much else for pay.

I suppose I'm late in the game but...I was reading the Kelly 2 Chicken Breasts post & went over to her blog to see this on her Put Your Kitchen On a Budget post: (hope it's o.k. to post that)

<Shopping twice a month seems to work well. I know the food must last for two weeks. So I “budget†the food, (that sounds better than ration), down to thinking about how much cheese I can use in a dish to make the bag last as long as it needs to. I print off weekly menus (front and back) to hang on the fridge. I pencil in three meals a day and two snacks a day for two weeks. Then I lock the pantry and dare someone to break in :-P “If it’s not on the menu, you’re not eating itâ€â€¦you just gotta do what ya gotta do. I’m taking charge of my kitchen, apron and all.>

What the hell? That's just :cry:

I suppose I'm late in the game but...I was reading the Kelly 2 Chicken Breasts post & went over to her blog to see this on her Put Your Kitchen On a Budget post: (hope it's o.k. to post that)

<Shopping twice a month seems to work well. I know the food must last for two weeks. So I “budget†the food, (that sounds better than ration), down to thinking about how much cheese I can use in a dish to make the bag last as long as it needs to. I print off weekly menus (front and back) to hang on the fridge. I pencil in three meals a day and two snacks a day for two weeks. Then I lock the pantry and dare someone to break in :-P “If it’s not on the menu, you’re not eating itâ€â€¦you just gotta do what ya gotta do. I’m taking charge of my kitchen, apron and all.>

What the hell? That's just :cry:

Can't you just see her pulling out a bag of shredded cheese and sprinkling, like, four shreds over an entire casserole?

I seriously doubt Kelly knows the meaning of "objective". She comes across as the kind of clueless adult who doesn't know the basics. She dismisses most science because she believes scientists are driven by some kind of evil agenda. She really doesn't seem to know what's objective (because then she would know that science is always objective).

Can't you just see her pulling out a bag of shredded cheese and sprinkling, like, four shreds over an entire casserole?

I'm not a growing child, but there are some days where I am just ravenous for no particular reason. We live within a budget and buy food a week at a time, but when we're hungry, we eat and when we need more food before the next shop, we buy it. The most miserable part of when my husband wasn't working was doing exactly what Kelly is describing. Knowing that every bite was rationed out and there would be no extras no matter what was stressful and scary for me, an adult. I can't imagine what Kelly's children feel about all this. Probably hungry.

Sounds like the way my folks - born in 1920 - grew up in the Depression of the 1930s. My dad remembered eating oatmeal and rice when there was nothing else - and his dad actually retained half a job through the ordeal. He also remembered feeling so impotently rageful at college students who my grandmother would invite for Sunday dinner (lunch). The students would pile their plates high after grandpa had taken his normal portion, and grandma and the six kids divvied up what little was left.. Grandma and grandpa refused to reprove the students. Maybe away from that house, the students didn't even have oatmeal and rice, I don't know.

My mom remembered being terribly hungry and grateful for a piece of bread after school. Upshot of it was that my folks had mild neuroses about food which they passed on to us, unwittingly. Stuff like "clean your plates, kids in Europe are starving," to which one of us replied innocently, "Let's pack it up and send it over there" ... you can imagine the response.

The whole point of my personal story is that my folks did without because most people were doing so - it was very hard times from a USA point of view. For Kelly et.al., this is intentional poverty, and there's no reason for it. Then it gets back to charity a la Kelly 2CB and Steve Maxwell: Are these people aware of seriously starving or at least undernourished children in Haiti, South America, the Indian subcontinent? If they are aware, do they care?

It's one thing to be born into the unfortunate time or place of scarcity. It's another to intentionally place yourself there, having more children than you might afford simply to increase the size of "your side" or to provide a mini-universe for children who will not be allowed to interact beyond their sibling groups .... and all the complications that come after it.

These people really need intervention.

OT and NSFW, but I crack up every time I see the word "fanny" used for the lady-bits. My mother taught me that word when I was a tiny tot, and it always was a nicer way to say "butt" or "ass."

When I first read "Trainspotting," the funeral-fucking scene threw me because Renton was encouraged by the fuckee (pregnant, hugely, at the time) to "do it in my fanny," or something like that. I might be confusing my Irvine Welsh novels, but the whole scene was weird, and I was picturing anal sex.

I wish Americans used fanny instead of cunt, which has a slightly better connotation in your neck of the woods.

I messed up the quote, but I was responding to OKTBTK.

Anyway, carry on.

My bff is English and her daughter blushes when I (intentionally) mention fanny packs which are called "bum bags" across the pond. Still doesn't stop me from saying it just to see that proper English girl laugh and turn red.

Kelly resides inside a bubble of her own making and no way is it compatible with the real world.

Archived