IGNORED

Lori Alexander on Duck Dynasty

Lori praises a recent appearance by the Duck Dynasty cast on Dr. Oz.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/09/duck-dynasty-calls-for-repentance.html

Dr. Oz had the dad, Phil, come over and check out the difference between a duck liver and a human liver. The duck liver was pliable, soft, and tender from eating food off of the land. The human liver was hard and not flexible from abuse.

Dr. Oz asked Phil why he thought so many people do things that hurt themselves. Phil replied, "We've lost two concepts that our founding fathers had. They don't love God and obey what He says. They don't love each other."

Aside from explaining, again, that many of the founding fathers were not Christians the way Lori and Phil thought they were, the founding fathers also did plenty of things that were harmful to themselves or other people. Ben Franklin had a legendary love for prostitutes. People still smoked tobacco and drank alcohol excessively.

Lori praises a recent appearance by the Duck Dynasty cast on Dr. Oz.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/09/duck-dynasty-calls-for-repentance.html

Aside from explaining, again, that many of the founding fathers were not Christians the way Lori and Phil thought they were, the founding fathers also did plenty of things that were harmful to themselves or other people. Ben Franklin had a legendary love for prostitutes. People still smoked tobacco and drank alcohol excessively.

Which would make for a pretty soft liver, actually.

I can walk into a grocery store and feel the difference between a chicken liver and a calves liver. The chicken liver is pliable (even though it's literally been eating shit) and the calf liver is firm because there's just more tissue there. Kind of like how I can tear a piece of paper in half but not a phone book (no matter what I feed them). How can a doctor go along with this stuff?

Dr. Oz has been getting less credible by the minute. He has a recipe for a "natural teeth whitening solution" on his show's website that is basically a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda. On Pinstrosity (a blog for people to submit stores of Pinterest projects gone wrong), a woman submitted a story about how she followed the recipe based on a pin. She ended up damaging her teeth so badly that she needed a root canal.

I can walk into a grocery store and feel the difference between a chicken liver and a calves liver. The chicken liver is pliable (even though it's literally been eating shit) and the calf liver is firm because there's just more tissue there. Kind of like how I can tear a piece of paper in half but not a phone book (no matter what I feed them). How can a doctor go along with this stuff?

Exactly. When it comes to different species, our organs are going to be different. I don't expect my cat's liver to be the same as mine, no matter what we eat or drink.

I've always gotten a quack vibe from Dr. Oz. Glad I don't watch the show.

And these Duck Dynasty dudes can't disappear fast enough. I'm suck of their corn pone sanctimoniousness.

I'm torn on Dr. Oz, I do get a strong compassionate healthcare professional vibe from him. But some of things and people he has promoted on his show have pissed me off. He promoted that lemon juice teeth whitening "remedy" on his show which end up being heavily promoted on Pinterest. The lemon juice "remedy" is an easy way to destroy tooth enamel. I haven't found the clips of where he promoted the lemon juice thing, but I think it is stupid that he didn't at least consult a dentist about it. He also pissed off people when he had one of those anti-gay therapists on his show.

The one time I read anything by Dr. Oz, he was listing the characteristics of what a good and bad poop would look like. Now, every time I use t he bathroom, I wonder if he would find mine acceptable. :P

Pretty apropos, since from what I've heard about him, Lori and the duck people, I'm pretty sure they all amount to a load of shit.

Yes, please. My curiosity is piqued. :lol:

I worked with him many years ago. He was rude to me on several occasions. I didn't like the way he treated some patients. This was before he became famous...

My mom likes him, I've been telling her he is nuts for years. She says I should love him cause I'm into "the whole natural healthy thing" um, no. :evil-eye:

Good sources of medical advice according to Lori:

- The CEO of a sketchy supplement company

- TV "doctors"

- Some jackass from reality TV

Bad sources of medical advice according to Lori:

- Actual physicians

- Peer-reviewed scientific journals

I have to admit, as much as Oprah is supposed to be great and all, she seems to select the biggest shysters to be "experts" on her show. I mean some how they all do well in their field, but they all turn into (or start who knows before those cameras turn on) slimy, slick salespeople, selling you the biggest pile of shit. I think some of these guys were just made for late night TV, but in this case Oprah made them TV stars, while they peddle some good information, buried under the biggest pile of crap. I have to say if Oprah indorses someone, I assume they are full of crap, with just a touch of new age, Christian, metaphysical, BS on top, so shiny and easily consumed by the masses. He is a shyster, who went to med school, nope don't trust him.

"Dr." Phil and Dr. Oz - both brought to us courtesy of Oprah. I used to really like Oprah. Now, not so much.

Isn't Dr. Oz the guy who tried to panic people into not drinking apple juice over claims that it was full of arsenic? I'd think a doctor would have enough problems with the unhealthy things in fruit juices like high fructose corn syrup without having to make up fake threats, but then I'm just a lowly liberal arts major.

Dr. Oz has been getting less credible by the minute. He has a recipe for a "natural teeth whitening solution" on his show's website that is basically a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda. On Pinstrosity (a blog for people to submit stores of Pinterest projects gone wrong), a woman submitted a story about how she followed the recipe based on a pin. She ended up damaging her teeth so badly that she needed a root canal.

Actually, lemon juice and baking soda WILL whiten your teeth. The baking soda polishes superficial stains, and the lemon juice can penetrate more deeply to whiten more serious stains.

The problem is that both substances can also damage your teeth. The acidity of the lemon juice will soften and erode the enamel, and the baking soda will scratch the now-softened enamel. Doing this once might not do serious damage, but making a habit of it? Might as well be gargling with Red Bull. Your teeth will melt and rot.

Archived