IGNORED

Man kills teen drunk driving; gets hit by drunk driver

BlondeAgent007

http://www.wivb.com/news/crime/corasant ... -dwi-crash

This man lives in my town. He is a doctor. Last year, he left a country club intoxicated around 11 pm. He hit and killed an 18 year old girl named Alix Rice, who was longboarding home from work. He didn't just hit her; she flew 150 feet from the accident, and he longboard was standing on end in the pavement. He fled the scene of the accident, and was later caught. Somehow, he managed to escape any charges that would give him any substantial jail time.

Yesterday, on his way to a hearing for punitive damages (filed by Rice family), he got into an accident of his own. He was hit by a 17 year old female drunk driver. Unfortunately, he's okay. This is the one time I really hope a drunk driver gets away scott free. The irony has had me rolling in schadenfreude all morning.

That's a horrible thing to say. Yes, this man did kill someone driving drunk that doesn't mean that the drunk who hit him doesn't deserve to be punished.

In this case, a man who killed someone was hurt, but it would have been just as easy for another innocent person to be hurt or killed.

There is simply NO excuse for people to drive drunk or under the influence -- and I consider texting while driving to be "under the influence."

Archived