IGNORED

Kate Gosselin - Mother of the Year

Curious

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the book comes out. I'd like to read it. I also like any time Kate doesn't get her way.

I know I'm probably going to hell in a hand basket for this, but me too :lol: I'd love it if I could be there when she tries to get "special star treatment" somewhere, and is told either "No." or "Yes, we know who you are, we just don't care. Get back in line lady." :cracking-up:

Here is the Motion to Dismiss, if anyone wants to read it: http://www.realitytvkids.com/2013/08/ca ... t-3-2.html

It's a bit long, but it's worth the read, particularly toward the end. Here are some of my favorite parts.

2. Publicly available information about Plaintiff cannot be “identifying information” under the statute.

Plaintiff’s case does raise a unique situation, however, because, as she pleads her “celebrity status,” Compl. ¶ 19, she raises an important issue: information that is publicly available is not unlawfully possessed for purposes of the Identity Theft statute. See Eagle v. Morgan, 2013 WL 943350, at *9 (E.D. Pa. Mar. 12, 2013).

This is specifically talking about her "identify theft" claim :roll: However, this is as close as anyone has ever gotten to calling her out on her behavior of putting all her private information out there for public consumption and then crying victim when people comment on it. As this clearly shows, you simply can't have it both ways. Some of our fundies need to learn this lesson as well ;)

G. The Complaint Fails To Adequately Plead Several Requirements Of The Civil Conspiracy Claim (Count VI) and Concerted Tortious Action Claim (Count VII).

Under Pennsylvania law, to sufficiently plead an action for civil conspiracy or concerted tortious conduct, a complaint must sufficiently allege an existing independent wrong or tort that would constitute a valid cause of action. Unless there is a finding that the underlying tort has occurred, there can be no claim for civil conspiracy, Eagle v. Morgan, 2013 WL 943350, at *11 (E.D. Pa. Mar. 12, 2013), or concerted tortious action, State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co. v. Ficchi, 2011 WL 2313203, at *13 (E.D. Pa. June 13, 2011). As discussed above, the Complaint does not adequately plead an independent wrong or tort that will support a claim for conspiracy or concerted tortious action. Counts VI and VII should be dismissed.

Under Pennsylvania law, an essential element of a conspiracy claim is the proof of malice which “[r]equires that the sole purpose of the conspiracy was to injure the plaintiff and that this intent to injure be without justification.” Eagle v. Morgan, 2013 WL 943350, at *11 (E.D. Pa. Mar. 12, 2013). This element is conclusively negated where the Complaint shows another purpose for the alleged activities. Id. The Complaint affirmatively alleges that Defendant Robert Hoffman is a reporter, Compl. ¶ 25, that the information allegedly giving rise to these claims was published in several publications, Compl. ¶ 28, that Defendants Hoffman and Gosselin were paid for this information by various publications, Compl. ¶ 32, which payments escalated, Compl. ¶ 33, and finally the information was used by Defendant Hoffman to publish a book, Compl. ¶ 34, and finally and most importantly, alleges that the Defendants did these things “for the purpose of profiting from the book and the tabloid publications, Compl. ¶ 37. Plaintiff’s own pleading affirmatively negates her conspiracy claim.

Emphasis mine. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

H. The Complaint Fails To Adequately Plead Several Requirements Of The Invasion Of Privacy Claim (Count VIII).

The Complaint is deficient in that it fails to even allege the particular basis of the Invasion of Privacy claim in Count VIII. “Under Pennsylvania law, invasion of privacy encompasses four separate torts: (1) unreasonable intrusion upon the seclusion of another; (2) appropriation of another's name or likeness; (3) publicity given to another's private life; and (4) publicity that unreasonably places another in a false light before the public.” Rodriguez v. Widener Univ., 2013 WL 3009736, at *9 (E.D. Pa. June 17, 2013). Plaintiff’s failure to plead the basis for her Invasion of Privacy claim is inadequate, requiring dismissal.

The Complaint does not allege that the information claimed disclosed was not true. In the event Plaintiff’s conclusory claim for Invasion of Privacy purports to assert a claim under the separate torts identified as (1), (3), or (4) above, “there can be no liability when the statement is true.” Rodriguez v. Widener Univ., 2013 WL 3009736, at *10 (E.D. Pa. June 17, 2013); See Chan v. County of Lancaster, 2013 WL 2412168, at *28 (E.D. Pa. June 4, 2013). The only categories of information Plaintiff mentions are "family photos, personal documents, tax and business records plus contracts," Compl. ¶ 26, most of which are items that Plaintiff should hope are not false. Any Invasion of Privacy claim premised on the above torts should be dismissed.

Emphasis mine. Notice how there is NOTHING in her complaint about all those pages and pages and pages of her journals being false. This suit is what we've been waiting for and is a huge smoke screen. Jon's lawyer does a great job of breaking down the complaint, most of which has gone well past the statute of limitations.

The whole point of this overblown mess of a suit is to hide the fact that there is NOTHING in the suit about the JOURNAL pages being false. She can't claim those are false if they are not. Even the bullyville lawyers are not going to let their client purger herself when it's under their name and everything will come out in discovery. So they have to try and hide it with this giant mess of a complaint hoping everyone's eyes glaze over before they even get done reading it and see there is nothing that says the journals are a lie.

I've always believed Robert, but I am not completely convinced that he's been telling the truth and that everything in that book is completely true. I imagine this suit will pave the way for the book to be republished (less the contracts that were propriety information).

It will be the greatest irony for her to put the final nail in her own coffin after she has spent years playing the victim and trying to blame Jon for everything.

I have a friend who managed to get a copy of it on her Kindle before it was pulled. She's mailing it to me because she lives over an hour away. I was like, "WHAT?! You have a copy & you DIDN'T tell me?" Other than holding out on me, she's a sweetie though. I'm gonna get to read it! :dance:

Laura, I have a copy of the book. It is heartbreaking in many places. She was so abusive to those babies :( It is also hard to read from an organizational standpoint. There is a lot of repetition and it needed tighter structure. The information, in her own words from her journals, is outrageous.

Robert has retained an attorney, THE Marty Garbus. He filed his answer to her lawsuit yesterday and appears more than ready to take this one to trial.

I've followed the Gosselin mess for a long time, because of the corporate backed parental exploitation of the kids. I found FJ, through Preesi's site, because I worried about the Duggar kids in the same way. I hope when the Gosselin kids are of the age of majority, they file "Eight Little Lawsuits" disavowing their contracts. Hopefully the Duggar kids can do the same.

Are any of the lawyers here able to speak to whether that is possible?

I have a friend who managed to get a copy of it on her Kindle before it was pulled. She's mailing it to me because she lives over an hour away. I was like, "WHAT?! You have a copy & you DIDN'T tell me?" Other than holding out on me, she's a sweetie though. I'm gonna get to read it! :dance:

How much do you want for a copy????

How do you share that kind of file? Is she printing and sending? I'd be happy to loan out my copy. Sort of an aside - RH priced the book at $8.88 :lol:

How do you share that kind of file? Is she printing and sending? I'd be happy to loan out my copy. Sort of an aside - RH priced the book at $8.88 :lol:

She's actually mailing me her Kindle. She's a sweetie, like I said. She told me about the book needing to be structured better too, Tesserat. She also said that the abuse made her have to walk away and take a break from reading sometimes. I know Kate is just the worst kind of person, but I still can't wrap my head around a MOTHER dragging a child by their hair and being thrown so forcefully in a crib that she would be afraid she really hurt him. Poor Colin. :cry: Some people should not have children.

Has anyone seen what's on Radar? I know the court docs I've seen, but the way they report some things and have quotes and all, for just a minute, I wondered if I was right about the child support et al. I swear I need to stop reading there. It's one of my fave guilty pleasures though.

She's actually mailing me her Kindle. She's a sweetie, like I said. She told me about the book needing to be structured better too, Tesserat. She also said that the abuse made her have to walk away and take a break from reading sometimes. I know Kate is just the worst kind of person, but I still can't wrap my head around a MOTHER dragging a child by their hair and being thrown so forcefully in a crib that she would be afraid she really hurt him. Poor Colin. :cry: Some people should not have children.

Has anyone seen what's on Radar? I know the court docs I've seen, but the way they report some things and have quotes and all, for just a minute, I wondered if I was right about the child support et al. I swear I need to stop reading there. It's one of my fave guilty pleasures though.

:shock:

Can you print stuff off Kindles? That would be a heck of a way to pass a copy around between all of us.

Gah, must.get.more.sleep. I misinterpreted your sentence to mean she was sending you the file or book, not the Kindle. That is a good friend indeed!! Yes, her description of her abuse toward her babies still in diapers is sickening. You are right, some people should never have kids. If you want more court documents, realitytvkids.com is keeping up with the actual motions and so on. RH has a site for his book with a lot of links/quotes/pictures at gosselinbook.com.

For your convenience here are the discussion threads on the book:

Chapters 1-4: http://www.realitytvkids.com/2012/09/di ... w-she.html

Chapters 5-7: http://www.realitytvkids.com/2012/09/di ... he_29.html

Chapters 8-10: http://www.realitytvkids.com/2012/10/di ... w-she.html

Chapters 11-13: http://www.realitytvkids.com/2012/10/di ... he_19.html

If you read through the comments, there are many people that quote the book so you can see a lot of excerpts directly from it. Most people have put the cite where in the kindle you can find the bit they are quoting so if you do a find on page on the word kindle on each page of comments (there are many comments on most of these threads), you will bring up the majority of the book excerpts.

This is pretty brutal stuff, IMO. I couldn't read the book in one sitting. I had to keep stopping and doing other things and I am not normally squeamish. I made it through a Child Called It in one sitting, which arguably has some horrific child abuse described. Something about actually having seen these kids on tv from the time they were toddlers made it almost "personal," I think. It was a very hard read, anyway. I would warn that it might trigger some people.

I read the book as well. I read it on someone else's kindle and am so mad I did not buy it before it got pulled. It was very hard to read. It looks like Robert will be re-releasing the book. He has a new cover up on his website and is dropping teasers.

Glad to see Jon got a good lawyer, just as happy to see Robert got Martin Garbus to take his case. Makes Kate lawyer from BV look like a clown.

I really hope this ends up with Kate being fully exposed. Kate is going to be on a bunch of talk shows this week, Like Katie Couric and she still has bunches of people thinking she is some mom or the year. I have no respect for any talk show that still books her. I look forward to Roberts book to read the new chapters but it also makes me feel bad for the kids having all those horrible memories in writing. maybe some of Robert's profits can go to hire a therapist for the kids. Those boys also NEED to be with Jon not Kate. I don't care of he is a waiter or doesn't have cable, all the kids would be better off with him and the boys (Kate seems to really dislike the boys) need to be with him.

For your convenience here are the discussion threads on the book:

Chapters 1-4: http://www.realitytvkids.com/2012/09/di ... w-she.html

Chapters 5-7: http://www.realitytvkids.com/2012/09/di ... he_29.html

Chapters 8-10: http://www.realitytvkids.com/2012/10/di ... w-she.html

Chapters 11-13: http://www.realitytvkids.com/2012/10/di ... he_19.html

If you read through the comments, there are many people that quote the book so you can see a lot of excerpts directly from it. Most people have put the cite where in the kindle you can find the bit they are quoting so if you do a find on page on the word kindle on each page of comments (there are many comments on most of these threads), you will bring up the majority of the book excerpts.

This is pretty brutal stuff, IMO. I couldn't read the book in one sitting. I had to keep stopping and doing other things and I am not normally squeamish. I made it through a Child Called It in one sitting, which arguably has some horrific child abuse described. Something about actually having seen these kids on tv from the time they were toddlers made it almost "personal," I think. It was a very hard read, anyway. I would warn that it might trigger some people.

Thank you! I only have eleventy billion things to do today that I will most likely ignore to read this. :lol: It is just crazy how people can think she is a nice person.

Thank you! I only have eleventy billion things to do today that I will most likely ignore to read this. :lol: It is just crazy how people can think she is a nice person.

You're welcome :) I don't understand it either. There seems to be a (very) small group of people for which she can do no wrong. She could set a basket of puppies on fire right in front of them and they'd say it was the puppies fault :( I don't understand it. My best guess is that those people are somewhat like Kate in RL so they don't see that the way she acts is wrong because they act the same way (on a lesser, non-public scale)

Thank you for putting up those links from realitytvkids. I missed the window and the book got pulled, but I am going to get it the nanosecond it comes out again. There were some pretty big flags in the series that she just doesn't like her boys at all. Not terribly surprised she has been abusing them since they were in the crib. :(

I just looked to see if the book was on eBay - it isn't - but it's hilarious to see all of her other books "autographed special editions!!" are selling for 0.01... and no bids.

:nothing: to say I feel sorry for those poor kids. They are definitely more mature acting than their sorry-ass parents.

I am waiting for the book to come out again, it is suppose to be much more detailed and the first book was too much for me.

Check out gosselinbook .com Robert is dropping tidbits of what is coming in the re-release. I hope it comes out other forms besides kindle this time.

It does sound like he has moved on from all this and came out a better person. Unlike Kate who is still desperately clinging to the idea that she can stay famous.

I am waiting for the book to come out again, it is suppose to be much more detailed and the first book was too much for me.

Check out gosselinbook .com Robert is dropping tidbits of what is coming in the re-release. I hope it comes out other forms besides kindle this time.

So it's definitely going to come out again?

So it's definitely going to come out again?

It's always been his intent to republish, once the issues regarding the contracts was settled. Judging by the new cover, I'm hoping this time he has some help with editing so it's not quite so repetitive. I understand why he went with the method he did last time, but since I think it will have a bigger audience this time thanks to the lawsuit, it would benefit from an editor and some "tightening up."

He can still publish with very little commentary and let Kate's words speak for themselves, just with a bit more order and less repetition ;)

I wonder if Kate will respond in anyway when it comes out again. It is her own words so it would be hard to claim that it is all made up.

Archived