IGNORED

Dino Quiz School Closes

FeministShrew

I have several young family members attending such a school. I literally wept after reading their science homework. These children are being crippled in terms of education. How can people expect to be taken seriously by the global scientific community when they give their kids coloring books with Adam & Eve romping in the Garden with dinosaurs? :wtf:

Whew indeed. My brother's children go to a similar "school," where what passes for science is hacked-up crap from the Bible. They're constantly in financial trouble and my brother requests that instead of birthday/Christmas gifts that we donate to the school. NO F'ING WAY.

The school still owes the teachers money. I hope the teachers get their pay or sue the pants off the schools board of directors.

Whew indeed. My brother's children go to a similar "school," where what passes for science is hacked-up crap from the Bible. They're constantly in financial trouble and my brother requests that instead of birthday/Christmas gifts that we donate to the school. NO F'ING WAY.

My husband's niece sent her kids to a school like this, even though she was teaching in public school. Eventually, she quit her job and took on leadership in the school. They use Bob Jones and A Deka curriculum, and she is probably the only accredited teacher. I don't donate to that school, either.

I wonder if those teachers are ever going to get paid or if they will be tools that their services were an offering to Serve The Lord?

I wonder if those teachers are ever going to get paid or if they will be tools that their services were an offering to Serve The Lord?

Hard to say, but where are they going to get the money to pay them if the school closed? If they were of a like mind, they'd have considered a service to God.

... and even though this school closed, there will be another opening soon. Maybe two (or three)

How do you handle it if one parent believes one way, and the other believes another?

My daughters dad said when she comes home from school talking about evolution, he is going to tell her its all a lie. Honestly, I didn't even know this man was z Creationist until recently.

I don't have to worry about this for a while because she is still a baby, but I would like to keep it in the back of my brain if this ever does happen.

The Flintstones would be consider a serious scientific documentary to these dolts. :roll:

:handgestures-thumbup:

I homeschool my kids, and am horrified by how common this sort of "science" curricula has become. It's appalling. Many of the homeschool coops and playgroups around me require you to sign a statement of faith before becoming a member. I took my 2 kids (then 4 and 5 1/2) to a playgroup before realizing this and was shunned after my kiddos starting playing with dinosaurs and talking about evolution :lol:

:handgestures-thumbup:

I homeschool my kids, and am horrified by how common this sort of "science" curricula has become. It's appalling. Many of the homeschool coops and playgroups around me require you to sign a statement of faith before becoming a member. I took my 2 kids (then 4 and 5 1/2) to a playgroup before realizing this and was shunned after my kiddos starting playing with dinosaurs and talking about evolution :lol:

I spent more time and energy trying to find a good secular science curriculum this year than I did any other part of our curric. What a nightmare that turned out to be!

Archived