IGNORED

1st way pro life group

merrily

1stwayeugene.blogspot

It's new so I don't think we've ever heard of it. I thought this was lol worthy though-

Offering diapers does a lot more than help moms with a day-to-day necessity for their babies. Offering diapers is often the beginning of a long-term relationship of our nurturing new mothers and any future children they may consider aborting.

Petition-

Outside the masses this weekend at St. Mary's, petitions were available to sign for no taxpayer funding for abortion. Why is this a concern?

Nearly half of abortions are taxpayer funded- approximately 1.75 million dollars a year.

Oregon is one of only 13 states to require taxpayers to fund other people’s abortions, without restrictions, by court order.

Do you want your tax money going for this? Do you want to pay for abortions? This is your chance to do something about it!

I don't know about you, but free diapers won't cut it if a woman's health is in danger or a woman can't financially support the child.

A lot of these pro-life groups act like giving women baby clothes, diapers, and second-hand cribs will solve all their problems. Have they looked into the cost of providing health insurance, day care, and education to a child these days? If they really cared about children, they'd be supporting taxpayer-subsidized day care and universal health care.

A lot of these pro-life groups act like giving women baby clothes, diapers, and second-hand cribs will solve all their problems. Have they looked into the cost of providing health insurance, day care, and education to a child these days? If they really cared about children, they'd be supporting taxpayer-subsidized day care and universal health care.

B-b-but not all pro-lifers are like that!!!111!!/sarcasm! Stop looking at the pro-lifers that give other pro-lifers a bad name! :roll:

1stwayeugene.blogspot

It's new so I don't think we've ever heard of it. I thought this was lol worthy though-

I don't know about you, but free diapers won't cut it if a woman's health is in danger or a woman can't financially support the child.

I live in Oregon and I do not remember hearing about taxpayers being required to fund abortions. Plus wasn't there the law passed in the Senate saying tax dollars couldn't be used for abortions? I know this comes up all the time with Planned Parenthood.

Sure, all you need is diapers and a crib. Because babies stay babies forever.

I live in Oregon and I do not remember hearing about taxpayers being required to fund abortions. Plus wasn't there the law passed in the Senate saying tax dollars couldn't be used for abortions? I know this comes up all the time with Planned Parenthood.

Federal dollars cannot be used for abortiond courtesy of the Height Amendment. And I'm throwing the bull shit flag down about Oregon funding abortion. I think it could be a back door attempt to attack Oregon Health Plan.

I searched OHP's book of services and I was wrong! Oregon does fund abortion.

I love living here!

OHP recipiants also have free birth control and bc counseling. The counseling I received was from a wonderful OBGYN.

I would probably have committed suicide if I was not receiving mental health care from OHP.

Hyde Amendment does allow abortion for the following conditions -Rape, incest and life of the mother, that is as of 1993. They have tried to remove all conditions every year when funding comes up. Here is the issue and perfect example of how the Right to Life people use numbers to lie. If a women has a miscarriage prior to 26 weeks and the fetus has to be removed surgically it is medically coded as an abortion, so it show up in the statistics that they use. American College of OB/GYN have tried for years to get that changed, however insurance companies will not.

It has been proven time and time again, that giving new mother with an unplanned pregnancy diapers and stuff does not improve her standard of living or prevent child abuse. However, education, job training, place to live, day care, mentoring on how to be a parent, drug treatment or adpotion counseling does the most good. These organizations does not have the resources to do that, so they give out crap.

OHP funds a lot of stuff so I guess I shouldn't be suprised. I decided to go look and Oregon actually has a lower abortion rate than the nationwide average. I thought it was interesting when looking that the rates include people who come in from other states. What I think would be interesting to know is how many of the abortions were actually miscarriages.

Hyde Amendment does allow abortion for the following conditions -Rape, incest and life of the mother, that is as of 1993. They have tried to remove all conditions every year when funding comes up. Here is the issue and perfect example of how the Right to Life people use numbers to lie. If a women has a miscarriage prior to 26 weeks and the fetus has to be removed surgically it is medically coded as an abortion, so it show up in the statistics that they use. American College of OB/GYN have tried for years to get that changed, however insurance companies will not.

It has been proven time and time again, that giving new mother with an unplanned pregnancy diapers and stuff does not improve her standard of living or prevent child abuse. However, education, job training, place to live, day care, mentoring on how to be a parent, drug treatment or adpotion counseling does the most good. These organizations does not have the resources to do that, so they give out crap.

I think they're actually referencing fungibility of funds, though Catholics are opposed to abortions in any circumstance. The argument I have heard is that tax dollars support Planned Parenthoods in doing all other services, so because those tax dollars keep the doors open and abortions happen behind those doors, tax dollars are supporting abortion. Which is how we ended up with protesters outside the PP 2 blocks from my work. That PP does not offer abortions, so the protesters were protesting pap smears and breast exams, but when I explained that to them, they offered up the reasoning above. :roll:

As to the diapers, it's like prayer. It's a little gesture that makes the giver feel good about themselves and does jack all for the receiver. Even if these morans were paying for every single diaper and onesie, it still wouldn't help with all the other expenses, nor the huge, life altering responsibility of raising a child that not everyone is suited or ready for. But sure, throw some diapers at the problem and feel like a hero. :evil-eye:

You mean that insurance companies won't pay for removal of tissue that will cause massive systemic infection and likely death if it stays, all because it's coded as an abortion on the hospital forms? I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly, but if I am: :angry-banghead:

You mean that insurance companies won't pay for removal of tissue that will cause massive systemic infection and likely death if it stays, all because it's coded as an abortion on the hospital forms? I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly, but if I am: :angry-banghead:

I think it is a matter of changing the CPT Code and CCI guidelines and that is where the problem is arising. Basically insurance processes everything off of the CPT codes and follows the CCI guidelines for universal processing. I work for a health insurance company doing customer service/referral and authorization requests. Despite what people think people in health insurance are not heartless bastards. We get some request that make us go are you flipping kidding. People have asked will you pay for my hot tub? We have to politely say no while in our head laughing going are you nuts. Also people will complain about their policy and the real rub is they will have a better policy then mine.

I think all states should pay for abortions, and the federal government too. It's a perfectly legal procedure. This attempt to make it look like compromise is really just weaselly because they can't get it banned outright.

Offering diapers does a lot more than help moms with a day-to-day necessity for their babies. Offering diapers is often the beginning of a long-term relationship of our nurturing new mothers and any future children they may consider aborting.

Well that was bizarrely phrased.

God forbid they keep helping parents after their babies are born for the sake of supporting new parents. It always has to have something to do with fetuses. And this is why anti-choice groups will always fall short of actually helping women.

This reminds me of the baby daddies who don't pay child support and say "I buy diapers!" This church should have come up with a less transparent game. I agree, if they want to truly help mothers then they should help them with what they need. Not platitudes with strings attached.

And thank you for the information ^^. I learn so much here :)

I really don't understand this idea about your tax-money still beeing yours and you should therefore get to decide how they are spent.

Tax is something we all give to each other because we realise that there are certain things that are too big and expensive for us to handle individually, but that needs "handling" for our society to function.

If you want influence on that you participate in the democratic processes and try to change things that way.

I really don't understand this idea about your tax-money still beeing yours and you should therefore get to decide how they are spent.

Tax is something we all give to each other because we realise that there are certain things that are too big and expensive for us to handle individually, but that needs "handling" for our society to function.

If you want influence on that you participate in the democratic processes and try to change things that way.

Shh! That's commie-talk and anti-Christian! After all, the American Constitution is Christian!

Shh! That's commie-talk and anti-Christian! After all, the American Constitution is Christian!

Ups, sorry, I guess growing up in an egalitarian, social-democratic country does to you :embarrassed:

You forget not to be a sheep manipulated by the super-duber evil liberal media into thinking that it is more important that people don't live in the streets, kids get to eat every day and education is free for everyone, than it is for people to be able to own guns, suck up to the richs and pay to get bais chealthcare, I should be sent on a Journey or have been paddle more as a child, please accept my apologies.

Personally, if my tax dollars are still mine, I would prefer not to fund illegal monitoring of citizens by the NSA. I am cool with providing legal health care.

Oh, and none of my dollars should be used for nukes. Kthx.

Basically, what you said. If you're worried about your tax being spent wrongly, the solution is to help create a society where you think it's being spent wisely, not to abolish tax.

If the American Constitution was Christian, there would be no argument about taxes. "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's." In modern English, that means "Pay your taxes you dumb fucks, whether you like the government and how it spends the money or not." Let us just say that this idea of withholding taxes is.....unbiblical.

Good thing a lot of the Founding Fathers were Free Thinkers or Deists.

Archived