IGNORED

What is up with Maxwell blog?

lilith

I can't wait to see how they will handle this! Pretend it never happened? "Our site had issue now let's never speak of it again"? "God tested us"? Heathen attack?

I bet Stevie will make a massive idol of it being hacked as he is such an attention seeker. I think they will go down the route of how the reversal children with their home schooled computer qualifications saved the day!1!!! and it will be used as a selling tool for 1 ton romp. I wouldn't put it past Stevie to have set the whole situation up for the very purpose. :naughty:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone remember when the Maxwells' website was hacked several years back? I think this may be before they had a blog? Their titus2 website was hacked and Sarah later posted that the hackers made comments about the wackiness of the family. Up until then, the family was pretty generous with family images and their daily life. They immediately took many of their images off the website. For several months afterwards, they avoided putting up personal pics or speaking in too much detail about their life. This was before the titus2 site became a full time business. Eventually, the family went back to their usual web presence, sans many images.

Once the Maxwell blog came up, the family has become much more open about their life, as it's now their full time business. They must be aware they are easy targets for hackers due to their crazy, fringe lifestyle. With this new hacking, I wonder if they will go back to their usual blogging, happy self, or will they start holding back again?

The Maxwells are now more isolated and controlled than ever before. This hacking attack (presuming it is one), affects their scheduled lives, could affect their business and even violated their sacred Sunday!! I'm sure they will see this as another attack by Satan, but unlike last time, they can't easily shutter their life again. Their "brand" is their lifestyle. Business may suffer if they hold back on their life, or stop blogging. I figure they will fix everything, make some comment about Satan's attack on them, and continue on their merry way. It seems like the Maxwell M.O to brush negative things that happen in their lives under the rug, dig deeper into their isolation, and continue on as if nothing as happened.

The blog portion of their site is back up again. I'm sure Jesus will get all the credit, everyone knows he picked up advanced programming skills during those spare moments when he wasn't performing more mundane miracles...

I don't remember the last time they were hacked, but sounds like it was interesting.

With these hacks, the hackers gain control of the website (which they have to do in order to replace the main page). So then they put up a new version of index.php (the main page that loads when you hit the site), by default you get that Yemen thing or some other variety of "haxxxored!" page. The hacker now has control so can replace the page with anything he or she wants, and of course has access to all your data (if they can write a web page to your server, they can certainly read all the data on your server).

Sometimes they leave a defamatory index.php up there just to shame the user or denial people access to the site, but other times they'll just take over a site and make a brand new web page that sits at the address. Or, they'll make some nefarious web site that sits in one directory of the web site, hoping the owners don't notice it's there.

Once they've got some functional web site, of course they can use it to just screw around on the net, often they use it to host various phishing target sites (so, the actual sites people go to when they click on skeevy fake bank emails). So a hacker will put up a fake bank page in some portion of the hack victim's website, then go send out the phishing mail, the phishing victim visits the fake web site and types in whatever info, which the hacker than steals, never caring at all about the original owner of the website, it's just a robot or shell they're using for free and that they hope can't be traced to them.

Some wordpress blog themes are known to have exploits in them, that's often how the hackers gain access to start with, someone applies a theme that has an exploit in it (allows some malicious javascript or whatever else), the hackers find a site using that theme and then just follow instructions to gain access.

Then again of course it could just all be Satan trying to stop the wonderful Maxwell message from getting out there.

:naughty: I'm finding it hilarious that they have to deal with this on a Sunday. :naughty:

I have always wondered about this. In my country, the websites of fundy schools, newspapers or other institutions are down on sunday. When you try to reach them, you will get a message about no working on Sundays. Is that unusual in other country's?

I have always wondered about this. In my country, the websites of fundy schools, newspapers or other institutions are down on sunday. When you try to reach them, you will get a message about no working on Sundays. Is that unusual in other country's?

Slightly OT but is it 1 Ton Ramp or IT on Ramp? I originally read it on their blog as 1 Ton Ramp. When I realised it was a computer course I thought it must be I.T. as in Information Technology. Now I see people here using 1 Ton Ramp and I am wondering if I missed something?

It's really "IT On Ramp" (as in, 1995 called and wants their punny company name back). But it did read like "One Ton Ramp" so people just use that as a snarky nickname.

From the latest Maxwell blog posting:

Mom is also our chief navigator. She keeps an eye on where we are and upcoming turns. We have found it is far easier to make the correct turn, then try and find somewhere we can turnaround.

What a novel idea. The Maxwells are genius, pure genius I tell ya. :roll:

I bet Stevie will make a massive idol of it being hacked as he is such an attention seeker. I think they will go down the route of how the reversal children with their home schooled computer qualifications saved the day!1!!! and it will be used as a selling tool for 1 ton romp. I wouldn't put it past Stevie to have set the whole situation up for the very purpose. :naughty:

The next Moody book may feature the Moody kids saving a "sweet Christian lady" from Islamic hackers.

The next Moody book may feature the Moody kids saving a "sweet Christian lady" from Islamic hackers.

Jihad With The Moodys?

Egyptian Spring With The Moodys?

Jihad With The Moodys?

Egyptian Spring With The Moodys?

Love Egyptian Spring with the Moodys. And of course it leaves Sarah the option of later writing Egyptian Spring DAYS with the Moodys.

I always wonder if Sarah was to finally marry if she would write a "nights with the Moodys" series, Christian marital advice for the terrified 30 something virgin.

Whoa. Did Stevie boy invent maps? I bet no one ever thought to know in advance where they're going until Steve dubbed Terri his navigator.

Such brilliance.

There is a lovely dissection of that murder of the English language in another thread.... that sentence makes my eyes hurt.

Love Egyptian Spring with the Moodys. And of course it leaves Sarah the option of later writing Egyptian Spring DAYS with the Moodys.

:lol:

Damn, I come home from a 11 day trip (no internet connection) and eagerly open my computer to read the latest "news" about my "favorite" family and all I find is a blank page. (well the blank page is probably more interesting than the Maxwell blog but still, I need my kick!)

Damn, I come home from a 11 day trip (no internet connection) and eagerly open my computer to read the latest "news" about my "favorite" family and all I find is a blank page. (well the blank page is probably more interesting than the Maxwell blog but still, I need my kick!)

We were blessed to go on a trip. We were blessed with wonderful audiences. We were blessed to release a new book.......

You didn't miss anything.

Don't go giving the U.S. fundies ideas! Blue laws (governing things like closing stores on Sundays) are virtually non-existent here. I don't think it's so much a recognition that we are a pluralistic society as it is that Christians like to go shopping and out to eat on Sundays.

The Dervaes family (Torah-observant Christianists) ask that you refrain from making purchases from their online store between sunset on Friday and sunset on Saturday. Presumably that's sunset wherever you are, not in Pasadena. Or maybe it's just "don't buy from us on Saturday". It's been years since I've been to their site and I don't feel like researching it. It's not enough for them to not turn on their computers on the Sabbath. At any rate they learned their web skills at SOTDRT, and apparently running a cron to replace the web store with a "closed for the day, please come back tomorrow" page is beyond their skills. They do know how to garden, though!

ETA: I followed my own link and it looks as though they've (Dervaes family, not Maxwells) revamped their site and have shut up about other people not shopping on the Sabbath. Guess they realized some folks didn't come back on Sunday or Monday.

urbanhomestead.org

We were blessed to go on a trip. We were blessed with wonderful audiences. We were blessed to release a new book.......

You didn't miss anything.

Thank God... There was just this tiny, tiny part of me hoping for a courtship with Poor Sara and John Marie.

Am I alone in wanting to scream at the awkward post title, "What We Do While Driving and Life"? Does that make any sense at all? Does it not make anyone else's brain explode with frustration for its rape and murder of the concept of parallel structure?

How long did it take you to notice the difference? :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Maybe this is the big "international terrorism threat" the State Department is warning everyone about! Depriving the world of hearing about Uriah's defective fuse and the latest in meatless burrito recipes...why, this could bring Western civilization to its knees.

Not a great advertisement for 1TonRamp.

I thought the exact same thing!

Whoa. Did Stevie boy invent maps? I bet no one ever thought to know in advance where they're going until Steve dubbed Terri his navigator.

Such brilliance.

My guys call me the Navigatrix. I have an uncanny sense of direction and make certain we make the right turns.

Archived