IGNORED

What is up with Maxwell blog?

lilith

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here. Hackers? Or has Steve forgotten to pay his domain name fee?

According to my husband, given the red/white/black coloring and the tiny flag on the tab, it's from Yemen.

Apparently the sh311 can somehow be translated into Arabic.

The closest translation he can come up with is "Yemen Ablaze"

My first thought was something like this

godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1900092/pg1

If Steve Maxwell was hacked by some Arabic group up to no good for communication purposes I will laugh my a$$ off for the next three days.

Came here as soon as I got the message to find out what was going on but it seems everyone else is stumped too.

Interesting that it is only the blog page. The rest of the site works fine.

Poor Stevie. Forced to send a free book to a FreeJingerite and possibly hacked. God is throwing him some challanges!

:lol:

For once there's something in the Maxwell household Steve's not in control of. :cracking-up:

How bizarre. How can they be high profile enough to attract some Yemeni hacker? They don't even have a profile!

I think the Sh3ll is just the shell the hacker is using to take control of the site. I'm fairly clueless with this, the closest I get to hacking is downloading from the real housewives from newsgroups, browsing the silk road once out of curiosity & using a VPN or DDN to watch Netflix from Australia. :lol:

Its probably nothing to do with the middle east. It could just be that somebody has been meddling in wordpress or blogger without targeting anyone in particular, one of us or somebody from another group. Its really only a matter of time before some internet activists start going after people like the Maxwells, Smuggar & Doug The Tool.

Hopefully they take over the entire website, we will see how good 1tonRamp is.

Someone must be very, very upset that they didn't win a free book from the Maxwells...

Maybe this is the big "international terrorism threat" the State Department is warning everyone about! Depriving the world of hearing about Uriah's defective fuse and the latest in meatless burrito recipes...why, this could bring Western civilization to its knees.

Not a great advertisement for 1TonRamp.

Someone must be very, very upset that they didn't win a free book from the Maxwells...

Maybe this is the big "international terrorism threat" the State Department is warning everyone about! Depriving the world of hearing about Uriah's defective fuse and the latest in meatless burrito recipes...why, this could bring Western civilization to its knees.

Hopefully they leave the famteam website alone!!! Its the tiny thread holding the fabric of society together!!!!!!!

Yeah, you would think that the Genuises at Maxwell Computers could have anticipated a lil ol hack

This is what I just received:

Our blog is temporarily down: =(

It should be back up soon: =)

The rest of the page is blank.

Hopefully they leave the famteam website alone!!! Its the tiny thread holding the fabric of society together!!!!!!!

Hey, even hackers have standards! FamTeam is probably too extreme even for extremists.

Agreed with Mary C Doates-- we have witnessed the terror attack. Let us all pray that the 1Ton Ramp skills are enough to snatch their website from the jaws of Satan.

The sad part is they will use this to justify what they are doing."See, teh ebil Mooslims, led by Satan, are attacking us because we are doing the Lord's will, praise Jesus!"

This would actually allow Stevehovah to tighten control that much more. :(

Admittedly I have not been paying attention, but I'm guessing the One Ton Ramp CSSOTDRT does not offer a course in computer security?

I can't wait to see how they will handle this! Pretend it never happened? "Our site had issue now let's never speak of it again"? "God tested us"? Heathen attack?

I suspect they were hacked - happens to less than well-protected websites all the time. We saw the shell login this morning (first screencap from the phone) which is how the hacker would have left it, then the family found out they were hacked and have purposely taken the site down to wipe everything and hopefully restore from backup.

Anyone know what software the Maxwell blog uses normally? I can't imagine they home-cooked the whole thing? Anyway, plenty of blog software is hackable, if you put the wrong sorts of things in the comments or whatever, but if they're running 1 Ton Ramp I would hope they'd be more careful guarding against hacks. But, who knows.

ETA: Seems they use Wordpress. Okay then... those things get hacked pretty much constantly.

Googling around the "YeMeNi Sh3ll" seems its one of some "Black Hack tools," and there's lots of Arabic-language websites (I am not clicking on ANY of these links, either - just hoping for an educational page on the thing from an actual computer security site or something) so yeah probably something originally made by hackers in Yemen, given the name and the flag too. Though probably anyone can download it now for... fun.

If they just want some bot site they can use to do further fun like phishing or whatever any site will do, but hopefully they didn't expect to find actual valuable data over at the Maxwells :lol:

Would the Maxwell site have people's credit card details and addresses that the hacker could now steal and use? I'm not sure how this stuff all works.

Archived