IGNORED

Working Mothers = Babies Dying

Ridiculous

So many of the fundies out there blogging should read and reread this verse daily:

Matthew 7:1-5

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

If they did that they would no longer feel surperior to everyone else. Narcissism is so much better than compassion.

Being a nanny, I'm always terrified that this will happen to me. I know it doesnt make sense since my life revolves around making sure that the kids are safe, but I also know how easy it is to forget things or get distracted. I could never imagine trying to explain to a parent how their child died on my watch. I've gotten a glimpse of how horrible it can be (I've been watching my second cousin deal with that -- his 21 month old daughter got out of her car seat and ended up falling out of his truck; he ran over her when he accidentally stepped on the gas while trying to lean across the car to grab her).

I think most people dont realize how easy it is for terrible things to happen to the most loving of parents. Most parents whose children end up in situations like this never even meant to do a single bit of damage to their child. But things happen, and sometimes those things lead to terrible, awful consequences. And, there's really no way to ever recover from that.

Archived