IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 2 - Merge

happy atheist

A few years ago(? When was that Duggar endorsed game released? )when she posted that she was ofDuggar, I thought that the baby thing was maybe just trying to fit in on the thread and shrugged it off. (went checking for postings on a sleepless night, lol)

But there were a few things that were just off in my head since. I don't know, just weird like other people have said.

. And I'm sure it will be brought to light at some point but right now it just sucks.

I never gave money, I don't have enough for us at this point.

BUT, since pp changed a while back, you have to have your legit info on there, etc. How has no one seen her name? That's something I've been wondering.

Oh, and my bf is close to what some would call middle aged, never had his tonsils removed and has problems every time he gets sick because of swelling and some other stuff. The said last time because of scarring and his med problems in general, he'd bleed quite a bit as one side effect if they were removed now. So no surgical complications but he does have pretty lovely complications from their existence.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonsil complications? Do tonsil complications really occur in adults? Maybe a someone with a medical background could weigh in, but I thought tonsils were pretty much non functional by adulthood.

I had my tonsils out while in college and had complications. My outpatient surgery ended up being a 2-day hospital stay. HERE COMES TMI: I managed to tear my sutures, resulting in extreme pain and having to have large blood clots removed from my throat. But, my complications were likely the result of difficulties with the anesthesia (this was discovered much later). I had a terrible migrane when I awoke and vomited all night long, resulting the aforementioned torn sutures. My point is, adults can have complications following a tonsillectomy.

I had my tonsils out while in college and had complications. My outpatient surgery ended up being a 2-day hospital stay. HERE COMES TMI: I managed to tear my sutures, resulting in extreme pain and having to have large blood clots removed from my throat. But, my complications were likely the result of difficulties with the anesthesia (this was discovered much later). I had a terrible migrane when I awoke and vomited all night long, resulting the aforementioned torn sutures. My point is, adults can have complications following a tonsillectomy.

Ugh, Ralar, I feel for you. I had a tonsillectomy / adenoidectomy but at 7; remember the vomiting for days afterward and feeling like crap.

Nurse Nell clarified things for me. Seems that I confused adenoids with the tonsils. I stand corrected.

Even though I never received any correspondence asking to meet or any inquiries to help with moving/setting up house, I did receive one message from her. I held back for the last few days, as I didn't want to post something if she was in fact, who she said she was. But now that it is pretty clear she isn't, I'll put it out her and Odds can add it to her "library of M/R."

To give a bit of background: after the June 30th post on her blog about the weirdo stalker, I sent her an email through FJ (c&p'd from my email):

> I'm sorry you had that happen...that is just weird and crossing major

> boundaries!

>

> That being said, I apologize if I ever came across as weird. I totally

> respect your boundaries and I understand your need from them. I just hope

> I never upset you in any way as that was never my intention.

>

> Best of luck, and enjoy what little summer we have seemed to have had

!

My reply from M/R:

No! You have never crossed boundaries.

I was wondering if you could help me though. Some are doubting I moved cross country. Does fj log I p info? Maybe u could check mine and see the progress?[/quote]

First off, it's a strange request. No "thanks for offering help for XYZ when moving here" or what not. Second, it looks like she wrote that from a smartphone, with the abbreviations and tersness of the message.

I just replied that I couldn't see any, sent a screencap and mentioned that perhaps mods could. I then mentioned checking out some of the resources available to her through my DH's non-profit he works for but I have not heard from her since. The email is from July 2nd.

BUT, since pp changed a while back, you have to have your legit info on there, etc. How has no one seen her name? That's something I've been wondering.

I don't understand what you mean here. What is pp?

I don't give her any credit for this, Google makes it super easy on Blogger. She only had to cut and paste text into her blog settings.

support.google.com/blogger/answer/2472627

I also had the idea that she might have had the help of someone more blog-savvy than herself to do this? I work in a library (though not in a system big enough to have realized the unlikelihood of her new job) and people who are extremely web-unfamiliar regularly ask me questions about how to do this or that -- I can see that they have no idea what I'm doing (for example, cutting and pasting from one place to another or adjusting the margins of a page to make it print properly, etc.) I've never helped anyone with a blog, but I could certainly envision someone getting that kind of help without knowing anything about it themselves.

Even though I never received any correspondence asking to meet or any inquiries to help with moving/setting up house, I did receive one message from her. I held back for the last few days, as I didn't want to post something if she was in fact, who she said she was. But now that it is pretty clear she isn't, I'll put it out her and Odds can add it to her "library of M/R."

To give a bit of background: after the June 30th post on her blog about the weirdo stalker, I sent her an email through FJ (c&p'd from my email):

!

My reply from M/R:

Bizarre.

I am trying to catch up on this "fast moving" thread. So I apologize if this information has already been posted.

I remembered something else that seems off about her story. She wrote about being featured in a article (http://razingruth.blogspot.com/2012/03/article.html). It turns out the article was over a year old.

This quote from an old thread is interesting, Serious_News_Junkie, wrote:(viewto ... 2&start=60):

You would think if Ruth was in dire needs of funds she would "sell" her story to the media. I believe some former quiverfull members have been featured on various shows.

I just read that article. The person who is supposed to be Ruth is called Eliza and says she is in her late 30s.

So, two thoughts : 1) why would Ruth be concerned about being hounded by the fundamentalists if she changed so many identifying details ? 2) her actually being in her late 30s seems to fit with some of the other inconsistencies.

I'm surprised no one seems to have noticed or commented on that on her blog.

I believe she means "paypal." :D

At first I thought pissing preacher. Just automatic when I see "pp" on Free Jinger. :lol:

Then realized it was probably paypal.

I don't understand what you mean here. What is pp?

PayPal. Was wondering this myself. If you donated to RR, what info did you get about the recipient?

My post got eaten, but... this topic has murdered my productivity for the past couple of days. I think this was all a plot to keep me from grading papers ;)

I think Eliza is a different person. The article describes Eliza:

As a result, she said, she never attended college (she had been educated in Christian schools until fifth grade and homeschooled for the duration of her education) and never learned skills with which she could earn a living for herself. Gothard discouraged college, she said, because he said parents shouldn’t expose their children to “alternative philosophies.†Women were expected to be under their fathers’ “authority†until marriage; because she wasn’t interested in marriage, she remained at home until very recently, but said that not being able to earn a living for herself “at this stage of my life is very scary.â€

My post got eaten, but... this topic has murdered my productivity for the past couple of days. I think this was all a plot to keep me from grading papers ;)

:lol: it's a conspiracy by FJ to keep us all from working!!

When I've paid people on Paypal it shows up on the Paypal statement with their name and email and then say their email was abc123@gmail it would show up as PAYPAL "ABC123" on my credit card statement.

I'm not sure if her name would show up then but maybe not the best idea to share it.

:lol: it's a conspiracy by FJ to keep us all from working!!

Or from getting their children up from their naps .... :)

I don't know how online donations and Paypal are set up exactly, but I did notice that she has both regular PayPal and the ability to donate through credit card.

Is the direct credit card donation run through PayPal? Or would she be directly collecting people's credit card info?

Because that could be really, really bad if she's able to see the info. Sorry if this unnecessarily worries people, but having been the victim of credit card identity theft.....I would want to know so I could check my credit report, change my card or whatever is needed.

Just give all the students A's, and get on with reading! :)

I don't know how online donations and Paypal are set up exactly, but I did notice that she has both regular PayPal and the ability to donate through credit card.

Is the direct credit card donation run through PayPal? Or would she be directly collecting people's credit card info?

Because that could be really, really bad if she's able to see the info. Sorry if this unnecessarily worries people, but having been the victim of credit card identity theft.....I would want to know so I could check my credit report, change my card or whatever is needed.

Good points!

I just went to her blog and clicked on one of the credit card images. It took me to a paypal page to donate so I'm thinking maybe it's just part of the paypal button image to show that paypal accepts credit cards?

Also for anyone who is interested (this is public and what shows up when you click on her donate button) the name given for the account is "Razing Ruth Pal".

This is absolutely fascinating.

I was wondering though, is anyone able to give the background for Vykie from NLQ? It sounds like she's looked upon quite negatively and google is not helping me to find out why!

Good points!

I just went to her blog and clicked on one of the credit card images. It took me to a paypal page to donate so I'm thinking maybe it's just part of the paypal button image to show that paypal accepts credit cards?

Also for anyone who is interested (this is public and what shows up when you click on her donate button) the name given for the account is "Razing Ruth Pal".

Yes, the button that shows the credit card icons is part of the PayPal button. PayPal processes credit card payments - the person you pay cannot see your card info, but they probably will see your name and email address. When you pay Ruth through PayPal it should only show up as "Razing Ruth Pal." When you pay people or donate to people, you don't get as much info from them as they get from you, usually.

Yeah, I just went back and looked in my Paypal records. The only information is this:

Name:

Ruth Razing (The recipient of this payment is Verified)

Email:

razingruthpal@gmail.com

And I sent her $20, after all. Dammit!

Also, if Ruth was supposed to be Eliza, I would just like to point out that PennMommy/Possummomma/jhawksgirl1 is in her late 30s.

!

My reply from M/R:

Now this is interesting. Imma gonna need a refresher on my popcorn. :popcorn2:

tehfanglyfish: I hear ya. I'm also ignoring grading for the sake of this unfolding story.

Razing Ruth is directly quoted later in the article. Why do we suspect she's also supposed to be Eliza?

!

My reply from M/R:

The way I see it, she would have wanted that info for one of two reasons:

a) she wanted to use the IP address to verify or prove her identity to doubters, or

b) she was concerned that someone on FJ would see that she was not indeed on a road trip to Chicago, and would doubt or out her.

Option a) seems unlikely since she had shown almost ZERO interest in verifying her identity in any way in the past. So, I would think that she was asking Peas 'n' Carrots, who seemed to be someone Ruth could trust to take her side, as a way of testing the IP tracking waters.

Archived