IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 2 - Merge

happy atheist

I am waiting for the attack of her fan girls. Why have they stayed away from all of this? Surly some of them have FJ accounts.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ruth really is Possummommy then she definitely is already working another fandom from what I've seen of her. I'm not sure what in her psyche causes her to do this. The closest I can come is that she enjoys the drama and has a need for validation. I think it's a good idea to keep any eye on the Sister Wives groups if anyone is in them. I hate to be suspect of all drop in insiders but it wouldn't surprise me at all if she's already begun dropping breadcrumbs.

I am waiting for the attack of her fan girls. Why have they stayed away from all of this? Surly some of them have FJ accounts.

I was never a fangirl because I barely followed her threads or blog at all, but I did defend her against the supposed person who confronted her at work. Now I feel like an idiot because I was just playing right into her hand. Ugh.

Another username, another name, another board, another identity, another medical catastrophe! All the way back from 2006! (Scarlett75 was one of the PM/jhawksgirl/etc alter egos)

splitcoaststampers.com/forums/need-lift-f63/scarlett75-chris-facing-heart-surgery-6-22-a-t156420.html

Another username, another name, another board, another identity, another medical catastrophe! All the way back from 2006! (Scarlett75 was one of the PM/jhawksgirl/etc alter egos)

splitcoaststampers.com/forums/need-lift-f63/scarlett75-chris-facing-heart-surgery-6-22-a-t156420.html

Well, that is very interesting, for reasons...*trails off*

I believed her. I hadn't followed carefully and had a lot of ideas wrong - for example, I thought she was a recent escapee and that was why she was so hapless; somehow I didn't notice the dates and ages that have been mentioned in this thread. The infrequent posting is a really, really effective tactic.

I believed her. And now I don't even know if she's a her, let alone anything else.

I was never a fangirl because I barely followed her threads or blog at all, but I did defend her against the supposed person who confronted her at work. Now I feel like an idiot because I was just playing right into her hand. Ugh.

You are just a caring person. I never considered you one of her fangirls btw.

May I gently point out -- pile ons were in the past. I think we need to let that go. The tone of these two Ruth threads has been excellent. It seems to me that everyone has been calm, thoughtful and polite to all opinions. (Other than the one person telling us to put down the pitchforks - which was quite funny as I couldn't see anyone wielding them!)

But, yes, I too was reluctant to post my skepticism under the old regime, possibly even more so in the old self-moderating orphaned board yuku days. We didn't even have an owner then, and poor PrincessJo got torn limb from limb!

No. As recently as the 42-page thread that morphed into the exposure, a couple of people were clearly hushed for questioning - even slightly - the twisted ovary tale. And none of it has anything to do with new or old regimes.

And the bolded above is really sort of telling me that I should shut up now.

Palimpsest, I posted earlier (in the previous thread) about a Kimmie/kbc character that got outed by a childfree board. The details are strikingly similar, but I don't know of any blogs she has/had. On one mommy board, she was apparently selling lunar fertility charts - could've been a test scam or a way to reel people in to watch the next great medical/life catastrophe. If she's used the same scenario 5-6 times, she'll likely try it again.

To those who donated - I mentioned this in Chatter, but if she does have kids who live with their dad now, maybe they'll get something nice from your money. Just a minor silver lining.

Many thanks. Very interesting. That thread was moving pretty fast and I probably missed your post. I'll go back and look for it. :)

No. As recently as the 42-page thread that morphed into the exposure, a couple of people were clearly hushed for questioning - even slightly - the twisted ovary tale. And none of it has anything to do with new or old regimes.

Oh, I don't know. I kind of liked this comment by Palimpsest:

Oddeverything I think your synopsis is enough. Thanks again. It is damning as it stands and I can't see much point in spending more time uncovering and detailing more inconsistencies. There are more, but it seems a waste of energy to me.

Ummm, okay :evil-eye: Let's all just pretend like nothing happened. Let it go, no need to uncover any more inconsistencies, nothing to see here, just move along. Yeah-right.

Eta~ by "kind of liked" I really mean had a wtf moment

Well, if it is settled that RR is a scam and we have all this documentation as to why, I guess I'm not sure what more uncovering and analyzing needs to be done.

Well, if it is settled that RR is a scam and we have all this documentation as to why, I guess I'm not sure what more uncovering and analyzing needs to be done.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm just interested in putting together sort of a master list of all of these assumed identities that follow the same pattern. It won't be long before an Amy from Centennial Park or a Miranda from Provo or a Casey from Waco surfaces, and maybe this time fewer people will fall for it.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm just interested in putting together sort of a master list of all of these assumed identities that follow the same pattern. It won't be long before an Amy from Centennial Park or a Miranda from Provo or a Casey from Waco surfaces, and maybe this time fewer people will fall for it.

That makes sense.

There a couple over on the GOMI thread who lurk over here that seem pretty sheepish now... Methinks the fan girl community is not well populated.

If there's something to be uncovered, I'm for uncovering it. Clearly this person runs more than 1 scam. People on this very site have donated a sizable amount of money to her. *If* she is running around the interwebz working other scams, this is hardly the time to declare we don't need to know any more.

I started reading properly around page 22 of the 42 page thread and just skimmed the rest. I didn't notice any "hushing" in the later pages. I can't be bothered to go back and read the whole thing again to look for people "hushing." Have you read any of the pile-ons that have happened in the past? "Hushing" is nothing!

I still think that these two threads have been infinitely kinder than most RR threads. We can agree to differ about old and new regimes. I haven't had anyone tell me that I (and other ebil feminists like me) needed to be tracked down and shot recently, which did happen back on orphaned board yuku. That wasn't very pleasant.

As to the bolded: I was telling myself to let it go too and asking people to think positively. I can be a bit Pollyannish. I've been feeling guilty about not speaking up earlier about my own suspicions. Perhaps I phrased it badly.

No need for you to shut up. Rage on as much as you like. Although you don't need my permission at all. :D

If there's something to be uncovered, I'm for uncovering it. Clearly this person runs more than 1 scam. People on this very site have donated a sizable amount of money to her. *If* she is running around the interwebz working other scams, this is hardly the time to declare we don't need to know any more.

And honestly...I am just a nosy bitch. I like looking stuff up.

I did the same too! I'd only been following her blog for a year or so and never donated money but... :angry-banghead:

I've only been at FJ for a little less than a year so I read all the Ruth stuff at once. I couldn't believe anyone believed it but I remember it being said in some thread that Vycki, who I know nothing about (but I would love to know why all the Vycki hate) had verified her identity and I always thought Alecto had said something too. Because of this, I think a lot of people felt comfortable donating.

When I read her latest ovary story, which followed so much drama, I wanted to post about this being insane but I figured there had to be a reason so many people supported her.

What a horrible person.

I don't dislike Vyckie but as I mentioned before, she rides, feeds and waters her own Drama Llama. She's had a lot of questionable things go on in her online life. I was also appalled to read that when she had doubts about Ruth, a writer on her own site, she asked someone else to post about the doubts she was having rather than call Ruth out herself. Perhaps she had her own legal reasons for doing so but that means she passed her liabilities on to another person and another site.

I would love to know how Vyckie verified Ruth's identity but at the same time it's important to remember that scammers of this ilk are very good at tricking people. It's hard to properly vet an inveterate liar and accomplished scammer. :(

I don't quite know what to do with all my angry feels. Suggestions welcome.

Write her a strongly-worded letter? :think: :mrgreen:

I would love to know how Vyckie verified Ruth's identity but at the same time it's important to remember that scammers of this ilk are very good at tricking people. It's hard to properly vet an inveterate liar and accomplished scammer. :(

This is part of what made "Ruth" believable to me. She had supposedly been vetted by Vyckie, Alecto, and Creaky Steel. I'm not sure how they were duped, but I have to admit I'm sorta curious. How did she convince them, while still obviously lying?

Omg. This woman. :cray-cray:

hystersisters.com/vb2/showthread.php?t=202389 - did you know she had a hysterectomy?

angelfire.com/in2/heavenly/athrum.html - not sure if that was before or after losing twins at 12 weeks gestation, though...

Basic google-fu should lead you further. :wink-kitty:

As much as I wish that the mods could reveal Ruth's identity, I also know that if they bend the rules of their own TOS in this instance, they could be faced with a lawsuit.

I also realize some are more interested in the Razing Ruth saga than others so I grabbed a Blogger account called truthaboutruth.blogspot.com, which I will have to transfer to a different platform and hosting site if we manage to discover Ruth's identity, but I am getting ahead of myself. It will take the liability off this site, to a limited degree, it will give people a place to vent (within reason), and it will be another hit on Google when anyone searches Razing Ruth. It's under my real name for accountability, but I honestly do not know how much time I can devote to it in the next ten days or so. If people can hang on, I'll be happy to create that site as a clearing house for all the research and links. I've also got a complete save of Ruth's site, but I haven't got the comments section yet. I hopefully will be able to get all of that backed up.

You never know, I may have more time in the next two weeks than I expected and may be able to get to it sooner. But it's there and will be populated with info as soon as I can get to it.

ETA: Holy crap, it would appear that I need to move this off blogspot and get it on my own hosting site because thing have progressed much quicker than I realized and if I share all the research I have received, Google would shut the site down. I will have more tomorrow - will stay up late and read some more.

OMG, what a mess! How horrible is all of this? I am so sorry for everyone who sent Ruth money. I am so sorry your trust and caring were abused this way.

ETA 2: I'll proceed with the Blogger site and see what happens. You ladies rock. So much has been uncovered. My head is spinning.

Archived