IGNORED

Wow. Thinking Housewife's Racism Outdoes Itself

debrand

.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2013/06/the-n-word/

Those facts are the laziness, immorality and criminality of a significant number of blacks. “African American†will be eclipsed the more it is associated with reality. A new term will come into vogue, as “people of color†has come into use in recent years. It doesn’t matter. Whatever it is, it will be discarded and become a racist slur as long as reality is denied and honesty is taboo.

:shock:

Racist bitch or bastard-don't know which she actually is.

Laura writes:

She should have been honest and insisted she did nothing wrong. Instead, she issued profuse apologies, which were an admission of guilt. Many people truly can’t afford to be honest because they might lose their jobs. But I think she would not have lost all of her business and wealth if she had defended herself and refused to apologize.

Yeah, racist bitch would pretty much cover it.

By 1900, the n-word was considered offensive. It was used in offensive and oppressive ways. The other terms used over time (negro, colored, black, African American) may seem dated, but they do not have the same baggage. "People of color" does not mean black. It means people who are not white, and includes other groups.

N-word also comes from the word niggard, which means stupid person. Negro is not a term I use, but it does mean black in Spanish. Still, I have heard it used in a demeaning way too much to be okay with using the term. Even colored person is not a term I use, but I think people shouldn't be defined by the amount or melanin in their skin and by who they are as a person. My boyfriend prefers black to African-American because he's not any more African than I am European. His family has been here for many generations, so we are both just Americans. Though I prefer to just see him as a person and not by the amount of melanin in his body, so I rarely say he's black unless someone specifically asks about his race.

So, yes, she is definitely a racist asshole.

N-word also comes from the word niggard, which means stupid person. Negro is not a term I use, but it does mean black in Spanish. Still, I have heard it used in a demeaning way too much to be okay with using the term. Even colored person is not a term I use, but I think people shouldn't be defined by the amount or melanin in their skin and by who they are as a person. My boyfriend prefers black to African-American because he's not any more African than I am European. His family has been here for many generations, so we are both just Americans. Though I prefer to just see him as a person and not by the amount of melanin in his body, so I rarely say he's black unless someone specifically asks about his race.

So, yes, she is definitely a racist asshole.

Not to sound too pedantic, so please forgive me :) , but the word niggard comes from a completely different source than the N word. Here's the Online Etymology Dictionary's entry on niggard: "mean person, miser," late 14c., nygart, of uncertain origin. The suffix suggests French origin (cf. -ard), but the root word is possibly from earlier nig "stingy" (c.1300), perhaps from a Scandinavian source related to Old Norse hnøggr "stingy," from Proto-Germanic *khnauwjaz (cf. Swedish njugg "close, careful," German genau "precise, exact"), and to Old English hneaw "stingy, niggardly," which did not survive in Middle English."

The word just unfortunately sounds so close to the N word that eyebrows shoot to the ceiling every time someone uses it. :?

Is this still about Paula Deen and the 'n ' word? I wish these apologists would stop focusing on this one little bit of the story and try and explain why it's okay for her to basically treat her employees, black and white, like slaves.

Ooh! Ooh! Take a look at her comments section! Kidist chimes in, with a link to her own blog. WTFery at its finest, from our favorite self-hating woman of color.

:shock:

Racist bitch or bastard-don't know which she actually is.

Now that her idol Larry Auster is dead, it's safe to say she really is a bitch.

Laura writes:

She should have been honest and insisted she did nothing wrong. Instead, she issued profuse apologies, which were an admission of guilt. Many people truly can’t afford to be honest because they might lose their jobs. But I think she would not have lost all of her business and wealth if she had defended herself and refused to apologize.

So the "thinking" housewife hasn't read the deposition, has failed to do any actual thinking about Deen's behavior and what it might mean, and is just following along with the rest of her racist ilk. No surprise, there.

Deen would have lost her show, and her licensing agreements, and her now-cancelled cookbook even if she had defended herself. In fact, she probably would have lost some of her remaining promotional agreements as well.

Thai is because there is no defending her actions.

There is no defending the allegations that she allowed her sons, brother, and high-ranking employees to create a workplace culture where sexually harassing and openly discriminating against female employees got a free pass. There is no way she can defend her company's attitudes toward black employees (yes, Laura, black people who actually want to work, and who get jobs!), or the apalling, second-class treatment of them.

Bubba Hiers may be a drunken, bullying, racist ass, but Paula Deen owns 51% of "his" restaurant, and as the majority partner of a business that is part of her empire, and the financial backer of that enterprise, she bears the lion's share of responsibility for creating a discriminatory, abusive company culture. And as someone whose public persona has been that of the feisty, self-made woman offering up Southern hospitality to one and all (she's had black guests on her show), having the falseness of her TV persona revealed in court is bad for business. Nothing she says or does is going to save her, because she is so clearly in the wrong.

And all this has come on the heels of her revelation that she has diabetes--three years after diagnosis, and only after lining up a promotional gig with a drug company. She narrowly managed to keep everything together after that, but her hypocrisy and greedy opportunism eroded a lot of trust in her. So for her racism (and sexism) to come out like this? So long, Paula. Your TV persona doesn't match up with what we know about the real you, anymore.

But Laura the Unthinking doesn't want to think about that. If Paula Deen can publicly, unapologetically indulge in her own racism, that gives Laura Wood (and every other cretinous bigot out there) permission to do the same.

All that said, I'm going to make a prediction: if Lisa Jackson wins her case, female misogynists like Laura Wood will hold it up as an example of how women are unfit to run big companies. They can't control the men who work for them--not even their own brothers or sons will accept women in positions of respect or authority. And why should they? It's unnatural and demeaning for men to have women as bosses. And so we'll get a lot of tut-tutting about how Paula Deen got too big for her britches, tried to play a man's role, and failed--not because she's a two-faced racist, sexist hypocrite, but because she's a woman.

Now that her idol Larry Auster is dead, it's safe to say she really is a bitch.

So the "thinking" housewife hasn't read the deposition, has failed to do any actual thinking about Deen's behavior and what it might mean, and is just following along with the rest of her racist ilk. No surprise, there.

Deen would have lost her show, and her licensing agreements, and her now-cancelled cookbook even if she had defended herself. In fact, she probably would have lost some of her remaining promotional agreements as well.

Thai is because there is no defending her actions.

There is no defending the allegations that she allowed her sons, brother, and high-ranking employees to create a workplace culture where sexually harassing and openly discriminating against female employees got a free pass. There is no way she can defend her company's attitudes toward black employees (yes, Laura, black people who actually want to work, and who get jobs!), or the apalling, second-class treatment of them.

Bubba Hiers may be a drunken, bullying, racist ass, but Paula Deen owns 51% of "his" restaurant, and as the majority partner of a business that is part of her empire, and the financial backer of that enterprise, she bears the lion's share of responsibility for creating a discriminatory, abusive company culture. And as someone whose public persona has been that of the feisty, self-made woman offering up Southern hospitality to one and all (she's had black guests on her show), having the falseness of her TV persona revealed in court is bad for business. Nothing she says or does is going to save her, because she is so clearly in the wrong.

And all this has come on the heels of her revelation that she has diabetes--three years after diagnosis, and only after lining up a promotional gig with a drug company. She narrowly managed to keep everything together after that, but her hypocrisy and greedy opportunism eroded a lot of trust in her. So for her racism (and sexism) to come out like this? So long, Paula. Your TV persona doesn't match up with what we know about the real you, anymore.

But Laura the Unthinking doesn't want to think about that. If Paula Deen can publicly, unapologetically indulge in her own racism, that gives Laura Wood (and every other cretinous bigot out there) permission to do the same.

All that said, I'm going to make a prediction: if Lisa Jackson wins her case, female misogynists like Laura Wood will hold it up as an example of how women are unfit to run big companies. They can't control the men who work for them--not even their own brothers or sons will accept women in positions of respect or authority. And why should they? It's unnatural and demeaning for men to have women as bosses. And so we'll get a lot of tut-tutting about how Paula Deen got too big for her britches, tried to play a man's role, and failed--not because she's a two-faced racist, sexist hypocrite, but because she's a woman.

Laura the Unthinking (I love that, going to steal that one!) will ABSOLUTELY use it to complain about women in leadership positions at companies....can't wait for that post.

Archived