IGNORED

Never Learning continues to prove she hates women

Lori A, the Arrogant Asshole, is back with another woman hating post.

This one I am going to post without a name so as not to degrade her character ~

Which she is going to do, just anonymously.

She said she had experienced "many years of discouraging disappointments and marital conflict. ... ______, in effect, abandoned our marriage. He chose his priorities, and I have not been one of them."

Oh how I wish I could have mentored the second wife.

Thank goodness you didn't. She deserved a real mentor, not a crackpot Christian with a submission fetish.

She tore apart a marriage, a family, and a church because of her foolish decision to divorce her husband. Many women choose the same path. They are not getting what they feel they deserve so they destroy many relationships in the process.

And she's off. She goes straight into degrading the woman that it was all HER fault because she was foolish while nothing at all is said about the relationship. Were you there, Lori? Do you know what was really going on and if you do, you didn't bother to share. I'm betting you know jack shit about the dynamic and what she had to go through. Don't judge people you don't know, Lori. Jesus said so. :disgust:

The other one is being taken care of full-time by a nursing staff. She is without family surrounding her.

Just because she's in a nursing home doesn't mean she doesn't have family around that love her. That's extremely cold to say.

Sure, you may feel that you are not your husband's priority. I remember feeling that way but now I know that is not important.

And that just said it all.

Sometimes the best thing a family can do is put their loved one in a nursing home.

We had to put my Gram in a nursing home last year. She was adamant about staying in her home, but she had mild Alzheimer's. My mom wanted to respect her wishes (I dropped by for lunch 3/4 days a week and ran errands, my mom had breakfast with her 5 days a week before work and cleaned the house for her), so let her have her way. I am NOT putting my mom down, but Gram basically lived miserable in her house, calling 911 a few times a month due to paranoia and falling & bonking her head, until she broke her hip and had such a long recovery (a full year) that it was less disruptive to put her in a home after the surgery. We still love her very much, but she is now safe in a place with 24 hour care, and I know my mom wishes she had acted sooner.

Once a gain, Lori knows fuck-all about how functional families work.

She didn't do much to make the second woman anonymous - 3 sec. on Google shows that she's quoting Anna Stanley. Interestingly enough, the article I found talks about how her husband and son had a major falling out and rivalry, but then went through some major counseling and have made progress in patching up their relationship. No, Lori wouldn't mention that actual counseling, as opposed to simply pasting on a smile and tolerating things, sometimes helps.

The only line that rings true is Lori saying that she felt that she was not Ken's priority, but has decided that this is "not important".

When I volunteered at a women's shelter, I heard the story of an elderly woman who was being physically, emotionally, and financially abused by her son and his wife. The final straw was when her son beat her for ordering sugar-free candy for herself for Valentine's Day (with her own money, which the son was mooching off of her.) The only time the son let the woman out of the house was to get her hair done, so she told the hairdresser. The hairdresser contacted the women's shelter, and the shelter set the woman up in a nursing home. It was your average, not terribly great nursing home. When the shelter people came to visit her and they asked how she was doing, she said, "I love it here. Everyone is so nice to me. It's like Christmas."

How does she justify the harm to the church because these women got divorced? Just because it is against the party line?

Yeah, she was talking about Anna Stanley and those words are public, so why she chose to not name the person is odd. She was the former wife of Charles Stanley and they apparently had a rocky marriage with several separations and attempts at reconciliation.

Also, how does she know Anna Stanley is in a nursing home? She basically fell off the radar after her divorce and there's no information on where she is or what she's doing today that is available. Lori is lying, but that's not a surprise. Only information I found was that she turned 81 in late 2012 and uses a walker to get around and has a private nurse. No information about a nursing home and she was visiting her son's home, so clearly she's not alone at all. Fuck you, Lori, you judgmental asshole.

Is Charles Stanley the preacher who Michelle was all excited to meet? Yeah great role model had 2 failed marriages. If both of his marriages failed the common sense assumption would be that he maybe to blame in part for their failure. Oh thats right women in the fundamentalist Christian movement are suppose to be compliment giving sex slaves with no regard to being fulfilled or happy.

Is that the Charles Stanley J'chelle's a fan girl of, or is he someone else?

“It is a foolish woman who expects her husband to be to her that which only Jesus Christ Himself can be: always ready to forgive, totally understanding, unendingly patient, invariably tender and loving, unfailing in every area, anticipating every need, and making more than adequate provision. Such expectations put a man under an impossible strainâ€

And yet, this is exactly what Lori (Alexander is a fucking monster) expects women to do! Apparently we are able to do that which only Jesus can do!

Lori fails to realize that sometimes divorce is the safest and sometimes the best option.

I have a friend whose brother is in a terrible relationship. The wife of the brother has come after him with a knife and threatened to kill their kids if she didn't get her way. He's already received medical treatment for, thankfully, a non-serious wound.

Is he supposed to stay with this woman knowing that she's extremely violent?

Just because she's in a nursing home doesn't mean she doesn't have family around that love her. That's extremely cold to say.

Lori...what the? :wtf:

My great-grandma was 97 when she died and was admitted to a nursing home at 96. Great-grandma had severe fainting spells and fell and broke her hip once. We didn't want to put her in a nursing home, but we were fearful she could fall, hurt herself, and no one would be around to help her. It was in no way an easy decision to make but it had to be done for her safety.

When the shelter people came to visit her and they asked how she was doing, she said, "I love it here. Everyone is so nice to me. It's like Christmas."

That breaks my heart. I'm glad she was taken out of that horrible situation.

Long time lurker here. Just had to ask: isn't the above what fundy men expect women to do? Totally ridiculous how these women are supposed to be everything and fulfill all their husband's needs, but on the flip side they say they can't expect it of their husbands because that would be like asking the guys to be doing what Jesus should do.

Eye roll

Long time lurker here. Just had to ask: isn't the above what fundy men expect women to do? Totally ridiculous how these women are supposed to be everything and fulfill all their husband's needs, but on the flip side they say they can't expect it of their husbands because that would be like asking the guys to be doing what Jesus should do.

Eye roll

You beat me to it. I was just about to point this out. After saying that it's not important for women to their husband's priority, Looni (I mean Lori) says "what is important is obeying God and He commands for me to love, serve, and please my husband without any conditions."

So you shouldn't expect your husband to be perfectly Christlike but you should expect yourself to be, and if you aren't, you're a "very foolish woman" who deserves the harshest judgment for tearing apart your family, church, city, nation, and possibly the galaxy. Oh yeah, your husband gets a free pass. :wtf:

You beat me to it. I was just about to point this out. After saying that it's not important for women to their husband's priority, Looni (I mean Lori) says "what is important is obeying God and He commands for me to love, serve, and please my husband without any conditions."

So you shouldn't expect your husband to be perfectly Christlike but you should expect yourself to be, and if you aren't, you're a "very foolish woman" who deserves the harshest judgment for tearing apart your family, church, city, nation, and possibly the galaxy. Oh yeah, your husband gets a free pass. :wtf:

Even more idiotic is that according to submission advocates, in return for submission husbands are supposed to "love your wives even as Christ loved the church" (Eph 5:25), which means that godly men actually ARE supposed to do precisely all that stuff she says women shouldn't expect.

I haven't even been a believer for a decade (and would never do the submission thing regardless) and yet I can still quote this husband-wife stuff chapter and verse. Read the book you claim to follow or STFU, Lori.

Archived