IGNORED

Steve Maxwell's generosity equips Teri - wow!!

Rainbowcolor

Ah, but they look at the BIBLE on their iPhones! That totally justifies the expense.

(... What if it's not the Bible they're reading on their phones during Family Bible Time? :twisted: )

having roosters in your chicken is good luck

Well, yeah, because that's how you get baby chickens. :lol:

Okay, I know you meant roosters in your kitchen, but I just couldn't resist. ;)

My hubby gave a...wait for it...paper shredder for mother's day. I loved it--I'm quite into organization.

Doesnt hurt that he also bought $100 in spa gift cards.

One tool Teri doesn't need is Steve.

LOL. So true.

What else is there to give her? :?: They don't have "fun", she doesn't wear jewelry or read books. She might as well have some "toys" to help her take care of god Steve...

Steve could give Teri diamonds and roses every day of the week and he would still be a douche bag. There is no genuine caring about her wishes behind his gift giving. You can bet, if he did give her diamonds and roses it would be because God directed him to, Teri hated diamonds and was allergic to roses.

having roosters in your chicken is good luck

Well, yeah, because that's how you get baby chickens. :lol:

Okay, I know you meant roosters in your kitchen, but I just couldn't resist. ;)

Yikes! You know, that's so funny I'm not going to edit it. haha!

"...Also as a side note, I have found, that Dad's understanding may be necessary because there can be wasted time and material since all sewing projects don't turn out as intended. Is that any different than for us dads in our projects? Over the years, I've made numerous trips to the lumber yard to replace materials that didn't quite measure up after they were cut. May we be loving and gentle with our wives' mistakes as we consider our own mistakes..."

My first thought is this means (in Maxwell speak) that "the frumper appeared immodest (too shapely, etc.) once it was put on, so we ditched it. Otherwise, if it was just a matter of the frumper looking unattractive, the girls would be stuck wearing it....and then we'd make 6 others for any other woman we might know".

Guest Anonymous
..why have a phone like that in the first place? A basic phone would serve the same purpose. Why have the Cadillac when it won't be put to its fullest use? Why not get a Ford that does the job without the amenities?

If you applied that way of thinking to many of the Maxwell's other gadgets, you would come to the conclusion that they really would be better off taking a leaf out of the Duggars' book and 'buy used and save the difference'.

They have top of the range laptops but only limited internet access. They have pro-level cameras but take either ghostly, washed out family portraits or random snaps of gorilla glue. They have amazing sewing equipment including laser machines for hemming, but then make everyone the same style frumper from droopy haberdashery fabric so the hem drags on the ground. They have a huge kitchen with fabulous kitchen gadgets but eat crockpot bean burritos twice a week, every week.....

I'd like to see them do a house swap with Gabe and Rebecca Anast. The Maxwells would probably feel blessed by God to have all earthly comforts taken away, and the ANast children could go wild and eat and play in a safe environment for a while....

I did apply that thinking to all the other top of the line 'stuff' the Maxwell's have. I just didn't go with it because I tend to ramble and get taken away and would have lost the topic entirely after two sentences.

STOP THE PRESSES!!! We've overlooked something crucial! STEVE ADMITTED TO ERROR. At the lumberyard. So, Teri should be going with HIM to the lumber yard, right?!?!?!?

I also love getting kitchen gadgets as gifts, but what bothers me is that I get the idea that Terri would not have anything if Steve wasn't "kind" enough to gift it to her. At one point I wanted a pepper grinder and asked for it as a gift. I didn't get it, so I went out and bought it myself. Could Terri just go out and buy good knives because she wanted them?

"...Originally in the planning stages of this article, I had not even thought of mentioning these next two tools. However, because of the tremendous impact Managers of Their Homes (MOTH), has made in thousands of homes, as I was writing this Corner, I realized I had to recommend two tools..."

Yeah, right, promoting your books was just an afterthought. :roll:

We typically do really small gifts for Christmas since it's such a expensive time. Last year my husband got a tie and I got a hat and gloves. Then we do bigger gifts for birthdays since we aren't buying a ton of gifts for others around that time. I love electronics but have been getting new clothes since my size keeps changing and saying it's a gift lets me get better quality clothes without feeling guilty (I hate spending money). We just got a new washer (old one went up) but it wasn't a gift just a "dang it we need a new washer".

We typically do really small gifts for Christmas since it's such a expensive time. Last year my husband got a tie and I got a hat and gloves. Then we do bigger gifts for birthdays since we aren't buying a ton of gifts for others around that time. I love electronics but have been getting new clothes since my size keeps changing and saying it's a gift lets me get better quality clothes without feeling guilty (I hate spending money). We just got a new washer (old one went up) but it wasn't a gift just a "dang it we need a new washer".

I'd be screwed, my birthday is 12/21. Well, more screwed then I usually get.

Maybe Stevie should do the laundry for 10 people for a week or two so he can experience the need for a new washer. Jerk!

My thoughts, with a slight modification. One or two weeks is not enough. Maybe 3 months or so dealing with it would be better...

:x :x :x

The whole spiel about treating your wife kindly for a sewing snafu bothers me more than anything else. Why are these people so up each others asses? My husband isn't really all that invested in what I'm doing, other than the end product. It would never occur to him, the godless heathen, to be anything other than sympathetic if I was having issues with a project and messed up, and then he'd move on. He'd sure as hell never be caught blogging about it.

And this. More :x :x :x

Archived