IGNORED

MRAs Don't Get Satire

GolightlyGrrl

I just have to say, even having known about them for several years, I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that these MRA guys (and women...) exist. Now fundies, fundies I get. They have adopted a worldview which makes them feel safer, possibly happier, and everything becomes a simple matter of black and white morality (or they have been raised in it...).

But do these manosphere/ MRA people truly believe what they are saying? Do they really not get the fact that this was satire? I see them misrepresenting things which were written in jest a lot. Do they honestly believe they are oppressed - or do they simply want to take away rights from women in any way possible, and manufacturing these complaints is how they do it? It's also hard to determine what they get out of their worldview. It doesn't seem to make them happy - but then again, it's hard to determine what happiness even is for these people.

I'm not expecting any answers here, but this has been bothering me for a while. I need to stop reading any manosphere material and go back to only reading 'lighter' things, like what our favourite fundies have been up to (yes, I know the beliefs they have are harmful as well). I have a tendency to become paranoid and this is not doing me any favours.

That makes me rage-y. Really rage-y. Luckily, most of these men will never have sex, so we don't have to worry about them procreating.

Anyone can cherry pick three really phenomenal individuals and say that they represent the entire group. David Collard is one of those people who has never accomplished anything in his life and so needs to align himself with men who actually were brilliant. "Well, um, Beethoven and I are both men so I have more in common with Beethoven than some woman who gives blowjobs. "

It would be just as intellectually dishonest if I were to say: "Well, I'm from the sex that gave us JK Rowling, Barbara McClintock, Marie Curie, Jane Austen, Georg Eliot and Grace Hopper. Your sex starts unnecessary wars in other countries and brutalizes vulnerable women (and men)."

Side rant on David Collard in particular:

He's one of those commentators who really grosses me out. He will frequently describe his sex life in great detail, ie, his wife was a virgin when they married and was super eager to have sex with him, but now that they are in their fifties, he boastfully reports that she no longer orgasms. Based on his comment above, sex to men like David Collard is about degrading women. It says a lot about DC that he would write that; he has such a low opinion of himself, that there is no way that he could have any kind of respect for any woman (like his wife) who would have sex with him.

Side rant on David Collard in particular:

He's one of those commentators who really grosses me out. He will frequently describe his sex life in great detail, ie, his wife was a virgin when they married and was super eager to have sex with him, but now that they are in their fifties, he boastfully reports that she no longer orgasms. Based on his comment above, sex to men like David Collard is about degrading women. It says a lot about DC that he would write that; he has such a low opinion of himself, that there is no way that he could have any kind of respect for any woman (like his wife) who would have sex with him.

:wtf:

I'm in my 50s, and didn't know that was even something that might happen to me--unless, of course, I ended up with a crappy lover. (Which won't happen--rather be alone than with a bad lover if something were to happen to the Mr.)

What kind of man boasts that he's a selfish pig in bed? Honestly, isn't a real man so good in the sack that women cum just from his manliness (or some such shit?) These guys aren't even stars in their own fantasies! :head-desk:

Archived