IGNORED

Stay with your mean husband...it'll save him from hell!

Koala

You're too kind : ) I remember you. I cannot believe that this person thought that someone who had a dysfunctional spouse who was a danger to everyone around them, was "cured" by prayer without the person wanting to do something about their ways. Glory hallelujah, the male god and the males, aren't they working in miraculous ways...

Yep, I have noticied that something about having dysfunctional exes: the healthier (read: non-screwed up) person in the relationship is the one who gets it wrong.

Went to a conservative Christian college and I heard this "pray away the problems" and "stick with your messed up boyfriend in order to help him" crap when I broke up with same messed up boyfriend / fiance. No frigging way. Relationships are not social work.

I can't believe I'm saying this but insisting on truthfulness, I hereby admit that in my eyes Zsuzsanna does have her moments. (Autowreck underlined Zsuzsanna - and the word autowreck too... We speak FJ here, there should be a separate autowreck for that by now :D ) I liked it when she held a shower for a new mom and how she insisted on focusing on Mommy and pampering Mommy since she's suffering the most for the baby. She seemed to be very empathic for that momma, she seemed kinda philogynic for a moment. I just wish, I so wish she would extend her grace onto women in general and mothers in general. And people in general. I don't know the last thing about this kent guy but if you say he's scarier than Steve Lecter, he must be one scary ass ba****d. And Lori has been taking crap from him longer than I am old - wow. I think she just wishes the same amount of suffering upon other women too that's why she's displaying her miserable situation as godly.

**hi Nokidsmom, totally. I'm sort of a nutjob too, but I know what are the legal and social boundaries. I only go bezerk if someone invades my privacy, safety, general wellbeing or legal reputation. Yes, relationships should be better than being alone, for both parties. Being in a relationship is not about choosing to suffer through life with someone (over someone). People blamed me too all the time, I was Jezebel, and Messalina and the great whore of Babylon in one person for packing my stuff and leaving. In one sentence they explained to me how "good" he was for me - by good they meant he had money and that, per se was supposed to be good enough for me by itself - and in the next sentence they told me how weak and cowardly and unwomanlike and unholy I was for leaving him. So now what's the truth? Was it good for me or wasn't it, then, chrissakes? People that have their snouts in other people's business never take a standpoint and stick with it. They just speak what comes to their mind without having a solid platform to stand upon.

Look at this comment from Lori:

Good hell, maybe she should take up the girlfriend's laundry and make the pair of them dinner :angry-banghead:

If it ever comes down to saving my husband from damnation in hell or saving myself from hell on earth, I'm saving myself. Selfish, maybe, but God didn't make me rectangular and fibrous (e.g. a doormat).

The woman in the above quote should probably thank God he didn't come back to her with a little present (STD anyone?) Although if he did, I'm sure Lori wouldn't pass that little tidbit along.

God didn't make me rectangular and fibrous (e.g. a doormat).

Sneaks up to ABH, steals line and runs : )

Lori's really a joke, right? Or at least someone's sociology master's thesis? As in "let's invent the most outrageous persona I can think of, have her spout her "wisdom" all over the internets and see how people react? Because otherwise, I just can't wrap my mind around this kind of thinking and believe it's real.

Methinks the doctors took a whole lotta brain along with that tumor.

I think Lori Alexander does a whoooooooole lotta projecting on her blog.

I am waiting for her to comment on Barbra Walter's retirement. She spoke briefly last night on World News about the pull between working and her daughter. I'm sure Lori will be all over it if she hears about it.

Lori is a viewer of The View, I wouldn't be surprised if she talks about BW's retirement and how BW "neglected" her daughter. Lori had the recent posting where she said that Michelle Duggar was better than Oprah. I think all working moms probably feel a variety of emotions regarding their careers and families. Lori demonizes working mothers way too much and she makes them out to be horrible people.

Damn you straight to Hell, Lori Alexander! :angry-fire: Women who follow your crazy advice are gonna end up dead!

I think Lori Alexander does a whoooooooole lotta projecting on her blog.

Absolutely. It's almost like she should call it. 'Stay with your abusive husband because I did, and this blog is how I justify it and try to seek validation for my rather unhappy life, by trying to turn it around in to something positive and teach others how to have just such a miserable existence, but if I say God likes it, it kinds of gives me a wee bit of comfort, even though it's a lie.'

Not catchy enough though :lol:

Damn you straight to Hell, Lori Alexander! :angry-fire: Women who follow your crazy advice are gonna end up dead!

I've said it many times, but I do worry about some woman connected to Lori and her shitty advice ending up in some kind of tragedy. I also worry for Lori's two daughters. The married daughter Alyssa seems to have the "submit to husband" thing pat down. Lori talked about how Alyssa got rid of clothes that her husband disliked. I thought that detail was a bit chilling because many abusive relationships involve control over many things. I remember reading a news article years ago about a woman who was killed by her abusive husband and relatives made comments about how the husband controlled everything the wife wore. One of my aunts by marriage was in an abusive marriage years ago and her ex-husband also controlled what she wore all the time.

I don't think Ken is physically abusive of Lori, but I suspect that there is emotional and verbal abuse going on. Lori has painted Alyssa's husband as a good guy. Maybe he isn't as bad as Ken, but the clothes thing has raised some red flags. Lori has talked about how she mentors women through her church and she has a major ego about her blog "educating" younger women. A good chunk of her fangirls seem to be on the fundie spectrum. I have looked at some of the other bloggers who comment on Lori's blog and most of them are fundie lite types. There was one blogger who was more mainstream Christian and there were aspects of her life that wouldn't fit with Lori's extremist beliefs. I hope that certain fangirl has ditched Lori.

shutup lori. you aint never met god.

God thinks Lori is a trifling heffa who needs to shut the fuck up!

When I read the subject line, I immediately thought it was about Nancy Campbell, who needs to be snarked about much more often (one of my gateway fundies, and still capable of inducing rage and WTF moments). Sounds like Lori is her protégée.

I really cannot believe this woman is serious.

And Connie, the woman who prayed for her shitty husband while he was in and out of jail? How many unhappy, miserable years did she endure to get those twenty "wonderful" years? Seems to me she could have had many more wonderful years if she'd dropped that asshole and made a life for herself that didn't include praying that a dumbass would come home.

Look at this comment from Lori:

Good hell, maybe she should take up the girlfriend's laundry and make the pair of them dinner :angry-banghead:

WTF???

WTF???

Same here. However, I could with deal with this story if it went like this: she would help him wash his car, then packed his bags and threw them in the trunk, and wave a final goodbye to him as he drove away to his girlfriend, then went back in and changed the locks.

ETA: And get the lawyer

Archived