IGNORED

Kelly generationstarvation on murderous abortion*sigh*

OkToBeTakei

generationcedar.com/main/2013/05/on-mothers-day-abortion-the-churchs-part.html

Advisory.

Do not read if you have a brain.

And yet the jaws of this deadly monster seem too fierce to combat.

I’ll tell you what we can do, before we start picketing…we can repent, as the Body of Christ, for feeding the abortion industry, by lying to families about what God says about children and perpetuating the fear and stigma of pregnancy outside a “perfect†situation.

I'm a bit confused about repenting other people's choices. I'm also confused about how I'm supposed to do it as the 'Body of Christ.'

Also I'm pretty sure a perfect situation for a child is one in which they are fed adequately and given the opportunity to be educated in a manner that does not reflect the parents wishes and desires for THEIR own religious indoctrinating agenda. Call me old fashioned. I digress..on with the wisdom of Her supreme soap maker.

Pastors can repent for not honestly transferring the Word of God to their congregations about children and what they’re for and how we are to think about them.

We can repent for not living out, in front of the world, the living gospel, which includes the embracing of the blessing and purpose of children.

We can repent for saying we are “pro-life†but not fully living it. For mocking mothers with more than three children or ignoring her needs, treating her as irresponsible, which is to play our part in the death culture.

We can repent for killing our own babies through abortifacient means like the pill and IUD, before we claim to be bothered by Dr. Gosnell’s crimes.

We can repent for thinking, and making others think, that wehave absolute control over life and have a right, a responsibility even, for the most temporal of reasons, to refuse to welcome children and worse, chide others who don’t do the same.

We can repent for coddling the children we do have, treating them as trophies rather than the steward-gifts from God that they are, given to us for HIS glory and purpose.

I will translate.

This is the way I do it everybody else is wrong and if you disagree you don't misinterpret the bible as I do to fit my lifestyle choices, which incidentally I cannot financially afford.

IUD.. not even going there.

I think the coddling thing means hit em regularly and for the love of Zod don't make them feel special. Servants you know.OH and don't feed them very well.

Right now, in our culture, in our time, there is something uniquely potent about mothers sacrificing for their children. As we lay down our lives for them, presenting ourselves to God as a living sacrifice, that sacrifice makes an aroma. That sacrifice directly contradicts and blasphemes everything the world is fighting for. As you care for your children, on the long days and tired moments, disciplining yourself, sacrificing yourself for them, you are reaching out to the world. When you present yourself as a living sacrifice, the aroma of that sacrifice cannot be contained. We do not turn inwards towards our children and towards our homes because we do not care about the world. We turn inwards because the world needs to smell this sacrifice….

This bit means Mums are smelly. *nods*

They are a precious gift to us, but our happiness and fuzzy feelings are not the reason we’re given children. Their purpose is not to win beauty pageants or become the best athlete so we can brag on Facebook about them. Their purpose is to “contend with the enemiesâ€. To be raised as mighty warriors, strong, competent, wise and bold. To further the gospel, to stand for truth, to increase the army of God and to glorify Him in all the earth.

Maybe the child wants to be an athlete. Maybe they do not want to contend with the enemy.

Maybe just maybe they are not yours to be used as you see fit Smelly Kelly. Maybe they should be accorded what you should know God gave us all ...freewill.

They are precious gifts from god that she doesn't feed. Neglect is totally how I treat all my precious gifts.

Advisory.

I should have listened to you. That sentence got my hopes up that this would involve either light-sabres, phasers or sonic screw-drivers. :(

They are precious gifts from god that she doesn't feed. Neglect is totally how I treat all my precious gifts.

It's the new 'spoiling' dontcha know :cray-cray:

I should have listened to you. That sentence got my hopes up that this would involve either light-sabres, phasers or sonic screw-drivers. :(

Nope just the Laserbible I'm afraid :cry:

Shouldn't have read it. Did anyway. Was warned. Going to get a caffeine hit now before the evil job while trying to forget stupid fundementalist whackjobs who can't be assed to feed their children properly feel free to advise others on what constitutes good parenting.

Watching how the quiverfullers neglect their hordes certainly is educational for me. It confirms that carefully weighing the pros and cons, (including my ability to properly parent ) before adding each child to our family is the responsible thing, and what a good mother does.

Thanks for your example, Kelly!

Nope just the Laserbible I'm afraid :cry:

*takes her sonic screwdriver and goes home* Shittiest monster-battle ever. :ew:

Totally. When I don't neglect them, I enforce obedience by spanking their bare skin*. If my precious gift doesn't smile immediately, but instead kicks and screams, I will spank him again. I will spank him until he shuts the fucks up. But he is totally precious to me. I mean, I lay down my life for him. AND it's so hard on me! I lose sleep. :crying-blue:

*Taken from Kelly's child abuse manual. See more here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2303&start=20

Ugh, I shouldn't read about fundie discipline, especially when all pregnant and hormonal. It gives me such a horrible feeling, as if I'm somehow complicit in their child abuse because I can't drive over there and rescue those kids (or go back in time and do it).

You know, I will take prolifers seriously the day they start campaigning for forced organ donation. If every woman is to be forced to donate her body for 9 months to incubate a fetus, because fetuses are people and we owe them everything, then why shouldn't all people be forced to donate blood, bone marrow, a kidney, a lung lobe and a piece of their liver? You can do all those things and live, with about the same risk of death as pregnancy and childbirth, so if life is so darn precious, why not?

We can repent for saying we are “pro-life†but not fully living it. For mocking mothers with more than three children or ignoring her needs, treating her as irresponsible, which is to play our part in the death culture.

We can repent for killing our own babies through abortifacient means like the pill and IUD, before we claim to be bothered by Dr. Gosnell’s crimes.

We can repent for thinking, and making others think, that wehave absolute control over life and have a right, a responsibility even, for the most temporal of reasons, to refuse to welcome children and worse, chide others who don’t do the same.

Kelly needs to do some real research on unbiased sites. The Pill does not cause abortions, it just stops eggs being released so no sperm can fertilise them. People can get pregnant while using it, and their fetuses dont get aborted (unless the woman chooses to after finding out because she wasnt planning to have a baby for whatever reason). Even if it was abortion, it is very different from the illegal abortions Gosnell performed. An egg not attatching to the uterus, or a legal abortion is very different from full term babies being born alive and killed. The tiny microscopic ball of cells or the inch long alieny embryo thing is not capable of feeling pain.

Projection there Kelly? Us pro choice people arent looking down on people who dont have abortions and have a large family, just like fundies are.

We can repent for coddling the children we do have, treating them as trophies rather than the steward-gifts from God that they are, given to us for HIS glory and purpose.

I thought that Quiverfull people were the ones that treated their children like trophies or collectors items, compared to gifts from God that theyre supposed to be treated like.

If they didnt treat their children like trophies instead of people, why do they collect as many as possible and stick them on a shelf (literally in some cases) and expect them to not bother or do anything that inconveniences their parents, so they can show them off.

If children were gifts from God, why do they advocate breaking their children's spirits? Thats like someone giving you a gift, then you saying thank you and then breaking it into bits in front of them, then asking for another. Sounds ungrateful and cruel.

Right now, in our culture, in our time, there is something uniquely potent about mothers sacrificing for their children. As we lay down our lives for them, presenting ourselves to God as a living sacrifice, that sacrifice makes an aroma. That sacrifice directly contradicts and blasphemes everything the world is fighting for. As you care for your children, on the long days and tired moments, disciplining yourself, sacrificing yourself for them, you are reaching out to the world. When you present yourself as a living sacrifice, the aroma of that sacrifice cannot be contained. We do not turn inwards towards our children and towards our homes because we do not care about the world. We turn inwards because the world needs to smell this sacrifice….

Who is really making a sacrafice in your family Kelly? You get the perfect Quiverfull lifestyle you want and tons of attention from it, the kids dont have a say in this and have to give up their childhoods and rights, and also arent fed enough because you selfishly wanted another baby.

I think the parents who make the most sacrafices, are the parents who would prefer to stay at home and care for their children, but go out to work long hours so their children can have a good quality of life and arent sharing a piece of chicken breast with all their siblings. The parents who let their kids be kids, instead of beating them into submission, even though having active, happy kids gets in the way of their life-they arent always able to get everything done because their baby is crawling around the room instead of scared to move off its blanket, and the kids make messes sometimes, they have to cope with tantrums and actually discipline their children instead of just hitting them, which is lazy. Who accept that they cant and shouldnt make their children into robots, but still choose to have kids anyway.

Their purpose is not to win beauty pageants or become the best athlete so we can brag on Facebook about them. Their purpose is to “contend with the enemiesâ€. To be raised as mighty warriors, strong, competent, wise and bold. To further the gospel, to stand for truth, to increase the army of God and to glorify Him in all the earth.

Fundies brag about their children just as much as bossy stage moms, the moms on Toddlers and Tiaras, or parents who force their kids into tons of activities just to brag about them. They just brag about how Godly their children are, how much of the Bible they know, how beating them as made them into a robot, how good they are at cleaning the house.

Its still the same thing. Treating children like props in their life instead of letting them be people.

And children trained in the Pearl way wont become strong, competent, wise and bold. They will either become weak and afraid of making decisions in case they get hit, or abusive to their own families. They wont be bold, not in their own way, as much as you can force a child into preaching and stuff, theyre only doing it because theyre afraid of being hit or have been terrified into believing its their job to save all the heathens from Hell, bold would be standing up for themselves. Some kids raised fundie are strong and bold, theyre usually the ones who are strong enough to survive all of that abuse and be able to find freedom and get out of there. They wont be wise, as their education is very poor, outside their little bubble, they know nothing.

We can repent for not living out, in front of the world, the living gospel, which includes the embracing of the blessing and purpose of children.

No, I won't repent for not embracing the "blessing and purpose" of children the way you do. I think children are great, wonderful, but I don't think their purpose is what you think their purpose is. Children are here to learn and grow because one day they will be running this country or helping run this country in some way, so it is our responsibility as adults to give them the best chance for success.

No, I won't repent for doing something I don't do, which is mock mothers with three or more children. I will only see her as irresponsible if she doesn't do right by them, choosing to have more and more children without a care of their needs like food, having more and more even though you full well can't afford it. You are not just irresponsible in that case, you are selfish.

No, I won't repent for using something that has allowed me to function normally in life and is preventing my issue from getting worse. No, my mother is not like Gosnell and nor am I and I am sickened and insulted to be compared to him for using something that makes it possible to live my life and not have children I am unable to care for properly. Go fuck yourself.

No, I won't repent for not children yet and limiting the amount when I do because I want to give my children the best life possible and wonderful opportunities like vacations, activities, college and, you know, things like enough food to eat and a bed of their own in house where they'd have heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer.

No, I won't repent for treating children in a way I wouldn't. I don't think it's the average family who treats their children like trophies. Most people treat them like people, and aren't trying to raise an army for a higher power, but I digress.

Why is not preventing pregnancy God's an, but purposefully trying to prolong life is? I mean, when it's time to go, it's time to go. Why interfere with God's choice of when we die? Ugh. I'd hate to be her, her anger at everyone seems so exhausting. If I were her child, I'd

Leave and never come back.

Advisory.

Children and "what they're for"??? Wow, that sounds so objectifying and so...not pro-life.

Clearly Kelly is only pro-life to the extent that "life" = fetuses and children-as-trophies...

Ok, really?!! So treating children as individual, unique human beings to be respected for who they are and allowed to make their own choices is what she thinks is treating them as "trophies" (the term that came to mind for a fundie mother's quiver before I even read this part) and is coddling them. But seeing them only as arrows to be used for your own personal agenda, full-bellies-be-damned, is...well, that's being respectful of life.

Help me, I'm stuck in backwards-land aka Generation Cedarville.

So pro-lifers created their own monster, didn't they? If abortion had just been free and easily accessible, then there wouldn't have been a "need" for someone like Gosnell.

You know, I will take prolifers seriously the day they start campaigning for forced organ donation. If every woman is to be forced to donate her body for 9 months to incubate a fetus, because fetuses are people and we owe them everything, then why shouldn't all people be forced to donate blood, bone marrow, a kidney, a lung lobe and a piece of their liver? You can do all those things and live, with about the same risk of death as pregnancy and childbirth, so if life is so darn precious, why not?

Classic Judith Jarvis Thomson argument; I like it.

All the serious stuff has been said so well, that I will only add this. Kelly, just for you, I'm going to tell my mother tomorrow (Mother's Day) how well I can smell the aroma of her sacrifice.

I can't wait to hear her answer! :D

You know, I will take prolifers seriously the day they start campaigning for forced organ donation.

Or the day they start caring about actual, already born children?

Classic. Because killing one of these:

6iuyba.jpg

Is just as bad as killing her:

2w5u3ro.jpg

Well, my mother heard all about how I smell the aroma of her sacrifice, and the aroma of the sacrifice of all of the other mothers in the room, all day, as we visited with relatives. She giggled every time. My cousin got a laugh out of the story, too.

So, I have a feeling that "I smell the aroma of your sacrifice" may just become a family running gag.

Well, my mother heard all about how I smell the aroma of her sacrifice, and the aroma of the sacrifice of all of the other mothers in the room, all day, as we visited with relatives. She giggled every time. My cousin got a laugh out of the story, too.

So, I have a feeling that "I smell the aroma of your sacrifice" may just become a family running gag.

My middle sister has an unfortunate love of fart jokes, so I don't dare mention this around her.

It just makes me sad when people have children for any other "purpose" than to allow those children to be themselves. All I expect in return for my sacrifices as a mother is that my son grown up to find his own version of happiness. And babies are meant to be coddled.

Archived