IGNORED

NHL

crazyforkate

Calling all hockey fans! Who here is following the playoffs?

My team is Vancouver (no spoilers, we PVRed the game) and I fear we won't be in the running much longer. Still, we'll stick with them until the end. And glare at certain players out of the corners of our eyes.

Calling all hockey fans! Who here is following the playoffs?

My team is Vancouver (no spoilers, we PVRed the game) and I fear we won't be in the running much longer. Still, we'll stick with them until the end. And glare at certain players out of the corners of our eyes.

My primary team is the Winnipeg jets, but I've cheered for the canucks for so many years that they are very close to my heart. I used to live right off Granville street, and the playoff street parties were amazing. I can't even talk about the series in general without giving it away but will join you in the thread after you've watched it.

Bruins are my team. My dad used to have season tickets (nosebleed seats, but still) at the Old Boston Garden- he shared them with a friend of his. There was nothing like the smell or noise of that place when the Bruins were playing great. My Dad would take either me or my brother to his games occasionally.

I live in the Phoenix Metro right now, and I don't think there should be a hockey team out here. The Coyotes- no thanks.

Bruins are my team. My dad used to have season tickets (nosebleed seats, but still) at the Old Boston Garden- he shared them with a friend of his. There was nothing like the smell or noise of that place when the Bruins were playing great. My Dad would take either me or my brother to his games occasionally.

I live in the Phoenix Metro right now, and I don't think there should be a hockey team out here. The Coyotes- no thanks.

How dare you Besmirch the name of the former Winnipeg jets! (just kidding; now that we have our own team again, I think we can let go of what happened in 1996. Maybe.) It feels really weird to be on the east cost now and see more Bruins Jerseys, given the bitter medicine of the game 7 loss of the canucks in 2011. It hurt just to type that. I admit I sort of give those people the side eye before remembering I'm the out of place west coat fan over here.

Caught up with the series. I was living in Vancouver during the 2011 Stanley Cup - it was certainly a time to remember. The streets were absolutely insane on game nights.

• 3 weeks later...

Rangers fan :cry:

And--worse--a Knicks season ticket holder :cry: :cry:

Hey, suffering builds character, right?

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh, my two least favourite teams are in the final. Oh well, in it to the end, I guess.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Super Habs fan here even though I'm living Vancouver-area. :D

Woot woot! Allez Allez Montréal!

Super big Habs fan. Always have been and always will be. If fundies have Jesus, I have my ''sainte-flanelle''. ;) How does it feel now to know that Montreal has is best start of the season since 1971?

• 5 months later...

Stanley Cup Finals time! The Blackhawks must win. Sorry to any Lightning fans here, but there is no way the Cup should go to a Florida (read: hot-weather) team.

That, and I'm a Hawks fan. Got my Duncan Keith (he's badass...remember how he played the 2010 Finals with 7 teeth knocked out and refused to fix them until they won the Cup?) jersey and everything. I will be wearing it with pride. No, I'm not going to an actual game. I'm not that wealthy. :lol:

Stanley Cup Finals time! The Blackhawks must win. Sorry to any Lightning fans here, but there is no way the Cup should go to a Florida (read: hot-weather) team.

That, and I'm a Hawks fan. Got my Duncan Keith (he's badass...remember how he played the 2010 Finals with 7 teeth knocked out and refused to fix them until they won the Cup?) jersey and everything. I will be wearing it with pride. No, I'm not going to an actual game. I'm not that wealthy. :lol:

We are, sadly, a Maple Leaf family. But I wholeheartedly agree that the Stanley Cup does not belong in a hot-weather town/state. It's like Christmas decorations there. It just doesn't seem right. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Fundie snark AND hockey all on the same board??? I love FJ! Does anyone want to talk about if Kessel's going to be on Crosby's line or Malkin's? If the Stars have finally sorted out their defense and will make it to the playoffs? The new 3on3 overtime format? ADS on our SACRED JERSEYS?

anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

Okay, so to spark a discussion: PATRICK KANE (accused rapist) and FIVE TEAMS O' TRASH supposedly trying to trade for him.

So he's only been investigated for rape and not charged. If he's not charged, I bet the Blackhawks keep him. If he is charged (because there's enough evidence for a trial) and convicted, then 1/6 of the NHL is actively recruiting a rapist.

I need to know which teams these are stat so I know who to loath and boo. :angry-banghead:

i hadn't heard about kane until now...wtf? hawks are my #2 team :(

They're my #2 team TOO! I love Crawford. And Teuvo. And Seabrook and Keith. ANYWAY KANE.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/08/06/ ... stigation/ (not breaking link because news)

and also: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/08/07/ ... ur-friend/ <--this one has a link to Ribero (monster)

Kane was out drunk partying in Buffalo and took two girls back to his house. One of them, who says she only went with her friend because her friend wanted to go back to his house, went into a room alone. He followed her in and she says he pinned her down and raped her. She called a family member and they went to the hospital right after they left.

So far he's only 'under investigation' and hasn't been charged with anything. He's got that other incident a couple of years ago when he was rumored to choke a girl at a party, and the actual arrest for punching a cabbie...five years ago? He even said during the Cup Rally that he was going to do something stupid during the offseason BUT FOR REAL.

I've been following it since it broke and I believe the victim. I know he's innocent until proven guilty, but I doubt he goes to jail, even if it goes to trial. But that brings us to the problem of what to do with him even if he's not charged. Mark Laz, the reporter for the Chicago Times posted an article saying the team has to trade him no matter what happens because he's become a disgrace. But THEN the team announced that five other teams called about a trade and I bet anything the Kings are one and the Preds are the other. The Preds have Riberio, who was accused of raping his nanny and if you read the court documents, HE'S GUILTY THE PREDS HAVE A SEXUAL PREDATOR ON THEIR TEAM AND THE NHL IS COOL WITH THIS. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

But if Kane's charged, he'll be suspended like Volnov? (The Kings guy who beat up his wife) and if he's found guilty then the NHL has to suspend him, per their own rules. But teams are actively recruiting a guy accused of rape and I just want to throat punch them all. Way to make your female fans feel safe, NHL. Way to prioritize NOT BEING SCUM over a sport.

Like, I don't even care he scored the gwg in 2010. I don't even care he's a phenomenal player. I was seriously upset when he broke his collarbone about the Hawks missing the playoffs while he was out. He's accused of raping somebody and to me that takes precedence over how good he is at hockey! NHL 16 took him off the cover and his team in the O, the London Knights, changed one of their scrimmage teams to take his name off it. THEY have their priorities right.

But purely from a team perspective, if he's guilty then he's out of the NHL and the Hawks already lost Saad to the BJs, he signed a six year contract, Sharp to the Stars for...I think two years, Raanta to the Rangers but that's a little different because Darling passed him on the depth chart and he's played too many NHL games to go back to the A without getting picked up off waivers. (I miss my Raantasaurus *sobs*) and ANYWAY If he's guilty then the Hawks will be scrambling. And if this drags on until the regular season starts they'll have to trade Bickell and ...Richards? Is he the other one they're waiting to sign? To be cap compliant.

tldr: Kane got drunk and raped a girl at his house in Buffalo. He's being investigated but hasn't been charged.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for asking because I didn't realize how much I needed to get that off my chest. :D

Long suffering Flyers fan here---awaiting a new season for them to disappoint me.

Long suffering Flyers fan here---awaiting a new season for them to disappoint me.

Aw, I know. I'm a Stars fan and I'm in the same boat. We've got your old goalie coach, and two goaltenders that are 30+. I really hope I don't have to watch them lose a two-goal lead TWICE in the same game AGAIN AND AGAIN. S2g a midget team could score on Lehtonen in the last five minutes.

4-2 Stars is basically a tied game. :headdesk:

But you've got Giroux! He coos at people. And chews on the jerseys. And plays grabass with cops in uniform. I can't wait for the first Pens/Flyers game just to see Giroux and Crosby interact after their Team Canada BFF thing that happened at Worlds. :popcorn2:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's the regular season! I'm a Blackhawks fan as well! :) Although how about them Habs? 

I don't have particularly strong feelings toward the Habs. I think you can guess my team. Now, if we can get Beau Bennett's uniform insulated with bubble wrap and Rob Scuderi to be a scratch, I'd be a very happy girl. 

I don't have particularly strong feelings toward the Habs. I think you can guess my team. Now, if we can get Beau Bennett's uniform insulated with bubble wrap and Rob Scuderi to be a scratch, I'd be a very happy girl.

yes! after the bumbling start to the season, i'm glad to see things are starting to turn around. and we didn't even have to sacrifice a virgin.

yes! after the bumbling start to the season, i'm glad to see things are starting to turn around. and we didn't even have to sacrifice a virgin.

I had to stop wearing my jerseys because we lost the first three games when I wore them and won when I didn't. It's still a bit to early on the sacrifice front...the Curse of the Consol still might make itself known. 

I had to stop wearing my jerseys because we lost the first three games when I wore them and won when I didn't. It's still a bit to early on the sacrifice front...the Curse of the Consol still might make itself known. 

ugh, don't remind me of that. i actually just saw a post about it in my timehop the other day!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope to go see a Blues game before my sister and brother in law move out of the St. Louis area.  My brother's been to a couple games there.

Archived