IGNORED

Married Lesbian Couple Saved 40 Teens from Norway Massacre

Guest Member456

Guest Anonymous

I'm sure that Doug Phillips would not approve. The proper thing would have been to wait for some men to heroically put the women and children first, no doubt.

Hege Dalen and her spouse, Toril Hansen were near Utöyan having dinner on the opposite shore across from the ill-fated campsite, when they began to hear gunfire and screaming on the island.

“We were eating. Then shooting and then the awful screaming. We saw how the young people ran in panic into the lake,” says Dale to HS in an interview.

The couple immediately took action and pushed the boat into Lake Tyrifjorden.

Dalen and Hansen drove the boat to the island, picked up from the water victims in shock in, the young and wounded, and transported them to the opposite shore to the mainland. Between runs they saw that the bullets had hit the right side of the boat.

Since there were so many and not all fit at once aboard, they returned to the island four times.

They were able to rescue 40 young people from the clutches of the killer.

“We did not sleep last night at all. Today, we have been together and talked about the events,” Dalen said.

http://talkaboutequality.wordpress.com/ ... ly-happen/

What amazing people. They are heroes.

Yes they are!

And being gay has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Nobody (in Europe that is) cares wether people is gay or not what are you trying to prove and to whom??

Guest Anonymous
Yes they are!

And being gay has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Nobody (in Europe that is) cares wether people is gay or not what are you trying to prove and to whom??

Lots of people care in the U.S. I believe that the fact that they are gay probably has something to do with the fact that this story has not been reported by any mainstream media in the U.S. that I'm aware of.

Lots of people care in the U.S. I believe that the fact that they are gay probably has something to do with the fact that this story has not been reported by any mainstream media in the U.S. that I'm aware of.

Yes. This. The main story about it that broke here was not "Couple Saves 40 Teens from Death" but "Is the US Media Avoiding This Story Because The Couple Are Married Lesbians."

Guest Anonymous

I posted this for several reasons.

1.) It's a lovely story about brave people who risked their lives to save others.

2.) Those people happened to be women, and if they had been doing what fundies think women ought to do (sitting at home popping out babies) they would not have been able to save those kids.

3.) This ran in the Finnish newspaper cited in the article on July 24th and I haven't heard a peep about it on any of the news programs I watch, online or on TV. I believe if it had been a couple of brave young heterosexual men, we probably would have heard about it on the evening news. So yeah, I think the people involved being lesbians is worth discussion in light of that.

Great couple!

This got me thinking, have any of our favourite fundies even mentioned the Norway massacre? It's been mentioned in the comments on Ray Comfort's blog - not by Ray of course, just by commenter's. What about other fundies? Anything, or is it just the sound of crickets..?

I posted this for several reasons.

1.) It's a lovely story about brave people who risked their lives to save others.

2.) Those people happened to be women, and if they had been doing what fundies think women ought to do (sitting at home popping out babies) they would not have been able to save those kids.

3.) This ran in the Finnish newspaper cited in the article on July 24th and I haven't heard a peep about it on any of the news programs I watch, online or on TV. I believe if it had been a couple of brave young heterosexual men, we probably would have heard about it on the evening news. So yeah, I think the people involved being lesbians is worth discussion in light of that.

Obviously it is, but it is kind of sad isn't it??

Great couple!

This got me thinking, have any of our favourite fundies even mentioned the Norway massacre? It's been mentioned in the comments on Ray Comfort's blog - not by Ray of course, just by commenter's. What about other fundies? Anything, or is it just the sound of crickets..?

I'm not a big blog reader but I'm surprised nothing has filtered throught to FJ yet. You can bet if it had been Muslim terrorism there would be lots of hand-wringing and sanctimoniousness. This is a situation they don't have a template for I guess. They are waiting for someone to tell them what they think.

I'm not a big blog reader but I'm surprised nothing has filtered throught to FJ yet. You can bet if it had been Muslim terrorism there would be lots of hand-wringing and sanctimoniousness. This is a situation they don't have a template for I guess. They are waiting for someone to tell them what they think.

In the Netherlands the media and the left and right wing politicians rolling down the streets fighting and blaming each other for inspiring this awful creature to do what he did.

In the Netherlands the media and the left and right wing politicians rolling down the streets fighting and blaming each other for inspiring this awful creature to do what he did.

Yeah, same here. Although our biggest anti-eu, anti-immigrant party is in left even though they have some very right wing ideas (and party leader is catholic in a very non-catholic country) . Some mess. Anyway, a member of this party and current MP was one of those who Breivik mentioned in his manifest as a people who he admires. Media and other MPs have debated since. And media loves to dig crap on him because he stepped on media's toes earlier this year when he tried to bully big media houses. He wanted/wants to control what media publish about him and especially about his PUBLIC blog he has been keeping for years and especially what kind of pictures are published of him. He is ....controversial case. He wrote in his blog years how he hopes that green-left politicians and their voters get raped by immigrants and how in one post he wondered what it would feel to shoot a gay person in head in a street. And he thinks that he was a private person when he wrote his blog (before his election to MP but he was member of the city parliament already) and now that he is a public figure they are two different people and they should not be mixed...

No wonder media loves him :mrgreen:

Edit: same story in German, a little bit more detailed http://www.queer.de/detail.php?article_id=14695

I was referring specifically to fundie blogosphere reactions. Have any of our maidens or matrons weighed in?

I was referring specifically to fundie blogosphere reactions. Have any of our maidens or matrons weighed in?

Nope, that is odd. I haven't seen English speaking blogs mentioning him. Some Finnish bloggers said the same mantra as our fundie Interior Minister (fundie in local standards) when the first news came: "he is an individual and should not be seen as christian" or "if he does something like this, he is not a real christian". That was the first reaction in the Finnish christian community.

Soldevi

Yeah, same here. Although our biggest anti-eu, anti-immigrant party is in left even though they have some very right wing ideas (and party leader is catholic in a very non-catholic country) . Some mess. Anyway, a member of this party and current MP was one of those who Breivik mentioned in his manifest as a people who he admires. Media and other MPs have debated since. And media loves to dig crap on him because he stepped on media's toes earlier this year when he tried to bully big media houses. He wanted/wants to control what media publish about him and especially about his PUBLIC blog he has been keeping for years and especially what kind of pictures are published of him. He is ....controversial case. He wrote in his blog years how he hopes that green-left politicians and their voters get raped by immigrants and how in one post he wondered what it would feel to shoot a gay person in head in a street. And he thinks that he was a private person when he wrote his blog (before his election to MP but he was member of the city parliament already) and now that he is a public figure they are two different people and they should not be mixed...

He seems like a lovely guy....... :shock:

Many people form the right and the left are mentioned in his manifesto and it doesn't make that people quilty of the massacre caused by a megalomaniac idiot, to say the least.

Guest Anonymous
I'm sure that Doug Phillips would not approve. The proper thing would have been to wait for some men to heroically put the women and children first, no doubt.

http://talkaboutequality.wordpress.com/ ... ly-happen/

The truth is, this would confuse the many fundamentalists who believe homosexuals to be hellbound no matter what. In the eyes of too many people, Jesus would send these women to hell.

Not my Jesus.

It is possible to disagree with lifestyle/beliefs/behavior and still recognize and appreciate heroism, good-citizenship, and self-sacrifice in those who demonstrate those things.

Kudos to those two. They did an amazing and very brave thing, and I'm sure the families of those they helped will be forever grateful.

I'm really not interested in debating. Just trying to point out that one can have beliefs that line up with the conservative social/theological beliefs in Christianity and still recognize the good in people one disagrees with.

Guest Anonymous
I'm really not interested in debating. Just trying to point out that one can have beliefs that line up with the conservative social/theological beliefs in Christianity and still recognize the good in people one disagrees with.

If you don't want to debate/talk about an issue, that's fine. But if that's the case you should probably stop bringing up how you disagree! on multiple threads. It's passive aggressive and kind of chicken-shit. If you don't want to talk about it - don't, but cease with the little digs for heaven's sake.

Guest Anonymous

So it makes sense for someone to say, "oh, you're a perfectly good person, in fact, you're an inspiration to all of humanity because you risked your life not once but four times to save children you didn't even know, but because of your beliefs/lifestyle/sexual behaviour, you'll still burn in hell. Forever. Because GOD HATES FAGS."

These women are heroes. Straight up heroes. And it's a crying shame for North America that this story is being ignored in the media because the women are married to each other - it's especially a shame for the youth of North America who will only hear and read about the chaos and cruelty of that day, and not of these incredible women. Is that the root of the fear - that lesbians could become inspirations or even role models?

And as for "homosexuality is a behaviour", what are the grounds on which we are to determine which behaviour is more important to Jesus: the behaviour that led them to marry their own sex, or the behaviour that led them to return four times to an island with a raging lunatic madman to rescue these kids?

I'm sorry if I'm not making my argument very clearly. I'm just saddened, baffled, and angry all at the same time. And inspired.

Most of the gay people I know live pretty much the same "lifestyle" that I live. They go to work, they come home, they cook dinner, clean the house, fix the house, make car payments, go on vacation once a year, enjoy their kids and their pets, and love their S/Os. I don't really think the lifestyle thing holds any water at all.

I know the fundies need to tell themselves something. . . :roll:

So it makes sense for someone to say, "oh, you're a perfectly good person, in fact, you're an inspiration to all of humanity because you risked your life not once but four times to save children you didn't even know, but because of your beliefs/lifestyle/sexual behaviour, you'll still burn in hell. Forever. Because GOD HATES FAGS."

You are absolutely right, that doesn't make sense, and that's not what I said, nor what I believe.

And I agree with you, they are straight up heros.

If you don't want to debate/talk about an issue, that's fine. But if that's the case you should probably stop bringing up how you disagree! on multiple threads. It's passive aggressive and kind of chicken-shit. If you don't want to talk about it - don't, but cease with the little digs for heaven's sake.

Yeah, just say they are heroes for doing what they did, without fishing for a pat on the back for displaying ordinary common decency, ffs.

This seems to be exploding all over my online world (Facebook, etc) in the last day or so. I'm glad of it, and I hope it gets some decent attention in the mainstream media!

(I guess this isn't totally OT: I was going to abbreviate that last as MSM, as I've seen some people--especially some fundies, or so it seems--start doing online. And then I took a second look at that and though, uh, that also means "men seeking men". Now that could be confusing in certain contexts.)

Archived