IGNORED

Radiant Purity Conference

debrand

That is so close to where my parents live, but I won't be there till September, because rather than marrying my high school sweetheart (whom I chose, not my parents, of course) I put that off to get a Masters on the other side of the Atlantic. Guess I'm a terribly ungodly young maiden. Oops. If I were around I could maybe, just maybe, find suitable clothes and try to blend in using what I know of conservative Christian speak, but I reckon at some point I'd accidentally let slip that I've been *gasp* dating someone for 7 years, and had two boyfriends, whom I *kissed*, before him. Or I'd rile things up by being logical and critical and arguing or asking hard questions. Oh, and arriving by myself without my parents to make sure I didn't get into trouble. And they might ask what I've been doing for five years, and I bet secular universities in foreign countries would be scandalous. Ah well. It would've been such awesome fundie-watching.

Edited for an typing fail considering I majored in English...too much exposure to SOTDRT spelling in fundie blogs!

Archived