IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Moms Don't Need "Me" Time

No me time allowed, and you're not allowed to have depression, let alone medication. You cannot have any idols like pepsi. You cannot relax and read a book unless its christian based. Oh and don't forget that fun is out of the question. It's kind of like what came first, the depression or the wacky life that makes you depressed? There is no out, so they keep trying to be better christians, better wives, because surely that is the ONLY thing that will bring fulfillment. Frankly, I am surprised more of them don't have total breakdowns.

Same here!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here here!

Just thinking about it is making me feel stressed.

I think I want to cry. How is it selfish to take a few moments out of the day to read a book or take a walk and allow yourself to decompress from from your day? My dear Grandma used to say that if she wasn't happy, than no one was happy. I truly do believe that. I don't think there is a perfect answer for everyone, but I do know that there needs to be balance, and part of that balance is taking care of yourself and your needs.

Is it bad that whenever I read or hear Terri Maxwell's name, I want to send her a case of Pepsi?

No wonder so many of the beat their children.

Lori can't talk enough about hitting children. Hitting children, submissive wives, repeat. Even yesterday when she was posting about her fav. president she had to toss in this quote:

"Theodore and Edith taught all the children, girls as well as boys, the importance not only of hardihood but of obedience. Neither had any hesitancies about corporal punishment. They found they did not have to administer it often and Theodore was invariably the agent of its application but recognized an 'absolute necessity' to let children know that at need a heavy hand would come into action." {Hermann Hagedorn}

It's creepy. You get the vibe that she delights in talking about it. See, they hit their kids! Hitting kids is God's way! God's ways are best!!!!

I can't stand that woman.

Lori has a deep obsession with corporal punishment that some other fundies don't have. Zsu and PP admit to spanking, but they don't blog about it as much as Lori does. I read her Teddy Roosevelt posting yesterday. I almost felt like sending a link to a Native American friend of mine. Lori's precious Teddy Roosevelt is still loathed in a Native American community here in New Mexico because of a land dispute in the 1900s in which Native land was taken away by Teddy's order. The land was later returned.

My great grandmother had me time every evening after dinner and the dishes were done. She sat in a rocking chair and prayed the rosary. Not my idea of me time but it was hers. My Dad said no one was allowed to interrupt that time for anything. There were no exceptions, everyone knew that was her time. She was well loved and didn't beat her kids.

I have two toddlers and I adore them, but sometimes I feel them getting on my last nerve. Me time is in the evening when i have my bath and the kids are in bed. Then I read for about an hour before going to bed. It's truly sanity saving and when I'm taking care of me I know I'm a better mother. My kids deserve the best mom I can be, and me time makes that possible. Lori is ridiculous and her advice is dangerous.

edited cause little fingers like to type on mom's computer.

Lori has a deep obsession with corporal punishment that some other fundies don't have. Zsu and PP admit to spanking, but they don't blog about it as much as Lori does. I read her Teddy Roosevelt posting yesterday. I almost felt like sending a link to a Native American friend of mine. Lori's precious Teddy Roosevelt is still loathed in a Native American community here in New Mexico because of a land dispute in the 1900s in which Native land was taken away by Teddy's order. The land was later returned.

You are from NM? Me too!

Are you refering to the time that Roosevelt took land from NM and AZ to expand the Zuni National Forest in 1909, or when he created the Gila National Forest in 1907?

I am trying to remember what I learned in New Mexico History Class in 7th grade. I do remember being told that most New Mexicans felt betrayed by Roosevelt, because he had promised that New Mexico would become a state during his administration, but never acted on it.

You are from NM? Me too!

Are you refering to the time that Roosevelt took land from NM and AZ to expand the Zuni National Forest in 1909, or when he created the Gila National Forest in 1907?

I am trying to remember what I learned in New Mexico History Class in 7th grade. I do remember being told that most New Mexicans felt betrayed by Roosevelt, because he had promised that New Mexico would become a state during his administration, but never acted on it.

I'm from NM. I'm referring more to when Roosevelt took land and a lake from the Taos Pueblo Indians in northern New Mexico to expand the Carson National Forest. I think this happened in 1906. To this day at the Taos Pueblo, Roosevelt isn't a popular American figure. Nixon signed the bill to return the land and sometimes his birthday is celebrated at the Pueblo.

As I read that entry, I was picturing Lori saying, "When I was young, kids got spanked by presidents until the cows came home. Grover Cleveland spanked me on two non-consecutive occasions."

My great grandmother had me time every evening after dinner and the dishes were done. She sat in a rocking chair and prayed the rosary. Not my idea of me time but it was hers. My Dad said no one was allowed to interrupt that time for anything. There were no exceptions, everyone knew that was her time. She was well loved and didn't beat her kids.

That's because her husband loved her and respected her needs. Why can't these *cherishers of women" encourage the same thing??

That's because her husband loved her and respected her needs. Why can't these *cherishers of women" encourage the same thing??

I'm wondering the same thing! I've notice that Fundie men feel that woman should not have "me time" because it takes away time w/ their husbands!

Archived