IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Moms Don't Need "Me" Time

A message to all you moms out there--you don't need this newfangled "me" time. A good night's sleep and doing your housework in peace is all you need.

If your home is full of a bunch of little ones, you have very little "me time." Someone is always wanting your time and attention. Continue to renew your mind with God's truth. You are His servant sent to do His will. His will is for you to love and serve your husband and children, to wash their feet with your life.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/04/needing-me-time.html

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, and Jesus washed feet 24-7. He never went off into quiet places with just those closest to him to pray. And in those places, he never left his disciples to go off 'alone' to pray.

Oh wait.

I know. It feels like shooting fish in a barrel at this point, but she hasn't flounced so I'll just keep on snarking.

Teri Maxwell has this same philosophy. "Me time" is selfish. Of course Teri suffered (suffers still?) from depression so she might not be the best person to take advice from.

And WTF does "wash their feet with your life" mean?

How does she explain all the twi mom forums? And the 50 shades of puke popularity. Their fanbase, gasp! Women loris age!

.... although I wonder if she rips of the cover of 50 shades and replaces it with something godly approved.

How does she explain all the twi mom forums? And the 50 shades of puke popularity. Their fanbase, gasp! Women loris age!

.... although I wonder if she rips of the cover of 50 shades and replaces it with something godly approved.

From what I've read, I got the feeling she and the headship might be making their own version. Way too much submission going on there. :? I think they're keeping their kink in the closet :whistle:

Teri Maxwell has this same philosophy. "Me time" is selfish. Of course Teri suffered (suffers still?) from depression so she might not be the best person to take advice from.

And WTF does "wash their feet with your life" mean?

I think both Steve & Teri believe that doing anything but focusing on Jesus 24/7 is shellfish. So of course a mother wanting "me time" would be shellfish to them!

I know. It feels like shooting fish in a barrel at this point, but she hasn't flounced so I'll just keep on snarking.

I feel the same way too. I don't see her flouncing. She has her followers and she posts entries daily. I'll keep snarking on her. She annoys me more than Zsu. I view Lori as an older version of Kendull.

On the topic of "me time", I suspect that with Lori and many of these fundie SAHMs, the "no me time" partially has to do with ultra controlling husbands.

Jesus was not a narcissistic a-hole that required that much attention!!! I so love the biblical Jesus, he is my hippie, even though I'm not sure he existed. I like him like I like old school Willie Wonka. The biblical God however is a narcissistic asshole. Blame the all the shit on him, Jesus was not an attention horse!

I've come across this viewpoint before and it's just bizarre. I mean isn't that the whole point of the Sabbath, to have a rest? Humans need me-time, mothers or not.

I've come across this viewpoint before and it's just bizarre. I mean isn't that the whole point of the Sabbath, to have a rest? Humans need me-time, mothers or not.

Yup, Lori is forgetting about that.

Fathers and Sons of God get a break. Observing the Sabbath just makes extra work for the wimminz day before and after.

Even God took a day off!

If you don't take some time for yourself, and take care of yourself, how can you take care of someone else?

I know for sure if I lived in her house I'd need a damn lot of "me" time as far from Lori and her freakin' stupid advice as I could get.

She frustrates and angers me so much my hair hurts and I want to hit something :angry-banghead:

in my view me time is for mothers who can actually afford that...if you are working two jobs with two or three kids and your man is gone it is a moot point.

How absolutely ridiculous for someone to make a blanket statement that no mom ever should have or need "me" time. I view the need for alone time as being subjective to an individual's personality. Introverts naturally need more quiet or alone time in order to recharge their batteries, whereas an extrovert may not need this. And Lori is clearly an extrovert. A fucking idiotic one.

Oh my. I read that topic as Lori: Moms Don't Need Me Time and was happy that she was finally showing some insight. No, Lori, moms don't need you. "Me" time however, is always good.

Yes, moms need me time, and time on their own with their partner. Its important to still retain your identity and a good relationship with your partner that isnt just trying for babies, so your life doesnt go to shit once the youngest kid leaves home and you realise that you have nothing to do.

Maybe I'm an anomaly. As a Christian and working mom with three kids I certainly need my me time and I'm a more relaxed, happier mom when I get it. Could you imagine having six kids like lots of these people do and not having any me time until they are all grown and out of the house? I'd lose my mind.

So I'm guessing she's doing her blogging while mopping and folding laundry? Because blogging is a hobby, Lori, and that sounds suspiciously like 'me time.' Step the fuck away from the keyboard and go wax your husband's back.

I've heard this type of thinking before. There was some Christian book that said mothers don't need "me time," and they don't need to "find themselves," because as a mother, your identity is your husband and children. So if you need "me" time, spend it with them.

It's such horrible advice to tell people to ignore their natural personalities and needs and forever give up any hopes and dreams they had outside of raising children. If you want good mothers, they need to have their mental health.

My husband knew a guy in college who said he needed "me time" when he meant he needed some time alone to jerk off. Now I think of that every time I hear about someone needing "me time."

If moms need very little "me" time Lori, then why are you blogging? Shouldn't you be spending time with your kids instead on your blog, you hypocritical bitch? :lol:

Archived