IGNORED

What's For Dinner - Part 2

happy atheist

I actually made something real for dinner for a change from the routine lately - bulgur pilaf, served with pumpkin seeds, a little sour cream, and shredded jalapeno jack on top.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight I'm having baguette slices and a Pixie Crunch apple with some surprisingly nice Stilton from Trader Joe's.

Polish Chicken patties and egg noodles. Hubby is over his tummy issues so we have to fatten him up. I'm making a cheesecake on sunday. Tomorrow night is either Buffalo Wild Wings or Brother Jimmy's BBQ. Its so nice to see him able to eat!

Vegetarian onion soup using hard cider. Baguette and cheddar.

A dairy-free carrot cake on the border of sweet and savory.

Sauteed mustard greens.

Last night was fried butter beans with sorrel, garlic, green onion, and sumac. Crusty bread.

Tonight, I'm contemplating having the last of that augmented with some apple-cress salad. It wasn't supposed to be so hot today!

Tonight's dinner is spicy creole shrimp with red potatoes.

^ I hope it went well!

I'm making rice bowls with roasted sweet potatoes, chard, onion, and a miso-ginger sauce.

Maybe chocolate atole for dessert, seeing as it's that time of year.

Thanks! I should have my grade Monday. I felt like I did well, although I'm more worried about German.

Happy Day if the Dead to you! Chocolate atole sounds delicious!

Hubby's appetite is back and he put in a request for cheese ravioli and fried eggplant. Much better than chicken broth and yogurt.

We went out to a new local place. I had a fried tofu po'boy, which was quite tasty. MrDrPusey ate the red skin potato salad that came with it, since it had egg in it and I'm not a fan of that. He had a fried catfish basket. I snarfed some of his hush puppies, which were a fine specimen of that food group. The restaurant makes them from locally milled corn.

Last night, a local restaurant was hosting a chef who cooked a riff on low-country food:

pork fritters (of which I did not partake, because meat)

nettle fritters with a pepper relish (of which I did partake)

benne wafers with pimiento cheese

fennel bisque (with prawns for the meat eaters)

farro and chanterelles, accompanied by mustard greens and benne (I could have happily just eaten the mustard greens all night. SO GOOD)

duck with turnips, lovage puree, sunchokes, and yacón (subbing mushrooms for the duck for me)

benne-apple-huckleberry tart

It was a lot of fun! And there were some unfamiliar-to-me flavor combinations, so I learned things, too.

NY strip steaks with mushroom sauce (w/o the mushrooms, because hubs doesn't like them), with apple corn cakes and root veg that I cheated and bought ready-made from Legman's.

Archived