IGNORED

What's For Dinner - Part 2

happy atheist

Dinner salad: arugula, chopped peaches, slivered almonds, dill, and pickled red onion. Crusty bread on the side.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBQ'd steaks, and also a mix of vegetables - peppers, mushrooms, onions, carrots, and I sliced up the leftover baby potatoes from last night and threw those in there also. Tossed together a chef's salad as well, and sliced up some watermelon. I am now eleventy-fourteen months pregnant with a food baby.

There is an apricot clafouti currently in the oven. Not that we haven't had enough food, but we needed to use up some milk, and if we don't have room for it this evening, it will make tasty breakfast.

Poached a salmon fillet I had because I couldn't think up anything more creative. I was tired. Made a shredded carrot salad with lemon-olive oil dressing and chopped mint and feta on top.

Belated Mother's Day Dinner: Beef Wellington, Baked Potatoes and Steamed Veggie (either carrots or broccoli because that's what's in the house)

Leftovers. I'm still doing GD spring cleaning in May. Y'all, I'm so tired.

We finally went out for long-awaited Cajun food tonight. I had mushroom jambalaya (which was wonderful). The Partner had a spicy shrimp dish. And we shared a chocolate pot de creme.

Rice with ghee, sambar powder, and toasted peanuts. Cucumber salad dressed in spicy yogurt-sesame sauce.

spicy raw corn salad, cuban black beans, and mango avocado salsa w/ chips.

lunch was an awesome smoothie with berries, kale, spinach, yogurt, nuts, and almond milk.

Macaroni and cheese, sort of: In the blender, I ground up some odds of cheese that needed using, along with some toasted almonds. Cooked a not-quite-full serving of elbow noodles and added some frozen peas and fresh asparagus, drained, tossed with butter and plain yogurt, topped with cheese/almond mix, and stirred to mix. Not bad.

The weather went to pot here today. It is cold and raining, and I wanted soup. So it was chorizo, sweet potato, and spinach soup. Excellent and really warming.

It's warm, and The Partner, who is not fond of asparagus, is away. So I'm having a quick asparagus stir-fry with Indian spices and rice. Yogurt with frozen cherries for dessert.

Chicken, broccoli & water chestnut stir-fry with rice.

Spring rolls with the rest of the sunflower sprouts, baked tofu, shredded carrot and radish, a cilantro-mint sauce, and a peanut-tamarind paste.

Archived