IGNORED

Homeschoolers Anonymous

tehgoobster

The current topic of discussion over at Homeschoolers Anonymous is "Why Homeschooled Girls are

Feminism’s Worst Nightmare," an article written by Louis Markos a professor at Houston Baptist University. (Article: cbmw.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/05-Markos-Article.pdf )

Faith Beauchemin summarizes the article in her blog post;

There’s a sick little article floating around the homeschool/ex-homeschool blogosphere right now. It’s basically one college professor’s gross fetish fantasy about “homeschool girls†(meaning, his formerly homeschooled students who are actually presumably grown women). He likes them so much because they’re so feminine (“just like a Jane Austen character,†he says repeatedly, leading me to wonder how drastically this English professor has misread Austen and other groundbreaking female writers) and not like those ugly mean selfish feminists.

You can read Faiths complete blog post here: homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/the-ideal-homeschool-girl/

Markos's article is also discussed in the post "FALSE DICHOTOMIES: “HOMESCHOOLED GIRLS VS. FEMINISTS.†(homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/false-dichotomies-homeschooled-girls-vs-feminists/)

HA is an interesting website, and I bet it drives the fundies nuts. It reminds me a little bit of "No Longer Quivering". It is a place where survivors of a

certain type of lifestyle inflicted upon them by their parents can go to vent.

Archived