IGNORED

OMG! LiaS daughter has a job!

Drunkenbutterfly

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
all the older girls go to work with dad and get paid for it.

Where have you read that? I thought they just went to hang out with Perry and flirt demurely with the interns.

somewhere on the blog...whatever they do, they get paid. deanna was in the habit of paying her sibling to do her chores and two of the girls and kim went thirds on a mustang.

My children want to know who gets D’s bed/space etc

So do mine. ;) I don’t think there’s really any extra space, since she has been in the process of moving out for a while. By that I mean that her possessions have been spread out everywhere in preparation for the grand exit. I think her personal spaces just got absorbed gradually as she emptied them.

inashoe.com/2012/09/wedding-qa/

This is a response to a question that Kim gave on her blog. It makes me speculate that Deanna wa moving out anyway so they consented to let her marry Tyler. But I could be wrong about this

Edited to break link _lilith

Where have you read that? I thought they just went to hang out with Perry and flirt demurely with the interns.

:mrgreen:

But that's something different, I think. As long as your help your father running his "business", it is considered ok. Many girls do that and get paid.

For wifes: I remember that NCFIC roadtrip with the list of workers with a description of what they were doing. Claudia and Blair (not married at that time) had proper work descriptions, but Kelly was watching her little ones and Monica, recently married to David, was IIRC content in being a wife and busy carrying a baby. Apart from sharing their enormous "experience" being a wife at various Ladies Teas, of course.

Just saying, but did anyone catch this bit?

I had my ass handed to me by an 8 year old. I must be out of practice, because she kicked me all over that table and danced on the remains. She’s not a gracious winner either. She made up a song and dance for when I scratched, and mocked me when I missed. Bloodthirsty little thug.

Such language from a lady of God! ;)

I read through Deanna's blog. Does anyone else get the feeling those two are just playing house? Seriously, they're 19-20 and they're decorating their walls with hand drawn pictures of Taz. That's what we did in college. Wait, they never went to college and had that experience.

I think married life might not be what Deanna thought it would be- she more or less said so in one of her posts. She thought he should pay attention to her all the time when he was home and do all the things she wanted to do. That's how high school girls think and probably some college women and even some mature women. However, that doesn't make for a good, healthy, strong relationship. I do think she likes not living in the "shoe." This is probably the most space, privacy and freedom this young lady has had in her entire life- or at least that she can remember and enjoy.

I could see Deanna and her husband slowly moving away from the fundie side of life. They totally strike me as the type who don't have kids for quite some time- if they have kids at all- they'll enjoy playing video games and pool, watching movies, drawing, and having parties with their friends where they drink beer around a bonfire and shoot the shit.

My parent’s rule about hair dyeing and piercings always has been “If you want to make permanent changes to your appearance, you need to wait and ask for your husband’s input on the subject.†I have wanted to pierce my nose for years, and Tyler said that I could if I wanted to

A fundie with a nose-piercing? :o I don't think they'll be fundie for long.

VF crap aside, this is the culmination of the LiaS "brand". Here she is with a monetized blog, a book about large families and homeschooling, godly this that and the other.... and what has she raised? A semi-functional 19 year old married to a kid who likes to play video games all day, who is about to go forth and take godly dominion over the Blizzard machine. Woopee. :roll:

She comes across as so young. I really hope she doesn't get pregnant any time soon as I don't think that would end well. I wonder how her parents would react if the marriage ended.

I read through Deanna's blog. Does anyone else get the feeling those two are just playing house? Seriously, they're 19-20 and they're decorating their walls with hand drawn pictures of Taz. That's what we did in college. Wait, they never went to college and had that experience.

I think married life might not be what Deanna thought it would be- she more or less said so in one of her posts. She thought he should pay attention to her all the time when he was home and do all the things she wanted to do. That's how high school girls think and probably some college women and even some mature women. However, that doesn't make for a good, healthy, strong relationship. I do think she likes not living in the "shoe." This is probably the most space, privacy and freedom this young lady has had in her entire life- or at least that she can remember and enjoy.

I could see Deanna and her husband slowly moving away from the fundie side of life. They totally strike me as the type who don't have kids for quite some time- if they have kids at all- they'll enjoy playing video games and pool, watching movies, drawing, and having parties with their friends where they drink beer around a bonfire and shoot the shit.

Well what's wrong with playing house? She's been cooped up her whole life, and it looks to me like she's enjoying her freedom. I say more power to her.

Well what's wrong with playing house? She's been cooped up her whole life, and it looks to me like she's enjoying her freedom. I say more power to her.

I agree don't mind people playing house as long as they are doing it on their own money and don't have children involved. (I do have a 30 something relative who has been doing it for several years, a lot of it on their mom's money, and there are children involved in their marriage. I do have problems with that one. But a 19 year old with no kids, not so much.)

I can't criticize Deanna. I think she's doing the best she can with what her upbringing has given her, which sure as hell isn't much. She's not pregnant yet (that we know of), she'd gone and gotten herself a job, in defiance of her family and her church, she's wearing pants, she spending quality time with her siblings, and her husband has a job. With no savings or education, what other options did she have?

I'm not ashamed that I worked a fast food job in my youth. Are any of you??

I was also immature at 19 & decorated my room (albeit a dorm room) with some rather immature art.

What other jobs do we expect Deanna to do, without work experience or a real high school diploma?

What I find most telling is that she doesn't feel require to pepper her blog posts with bible verses & fundy Christian platitudes.

She also openly admits that marriage is more difficult than she expected, instead of pretending that it is all sunshine & sweet fellowship. To me, that is a sign of growing maturity.

thing is...this all because her husband allows her. he is her headship and if he said wear dresses and stay in kitchen or go to community college or take up line dancing or what ever she would put on a cheerful face and justify it...kim does this constantly and has taught her daughters as such. because this the main reason the lias clan are vision forumers -the patriarchy aspect. parents then husband are the ultimate law after god.

Deanna had(s) a pretty limited set of options in life. I give her props for picking the less-fundy husband. I don't really see a lot of "obeying" going in that relationship.

I love whoever said that change is a process, and Deanna has clearly set foot on the path of change. Good for her. None of us change overnight.

He might be slightly less-fundy but she still submits.

As she says on her blog, her parents told her to wait if she wants to do anything drastic with her appearance so she can ask her husband for permission once she is married. She wrote about wanting to dye her hair and getting a nose ring although she admits to being too scared to go through with it. She did ask her husband for permission and he said it was ok.

I think he is still too young. Once he's grown into the role of a patriarch like he is supposed to, he will be like her father. Maybe she is just working to put him through school or something.

believe me, perry senior would not have allowed her to marry a man who does not toe the patriarchy line and Deanna would not have pushed the matter.

believe me, perry senior would not have allowed her to marry a man who does not toe the patriarchy line and Deanna would not have pushed the matter.

QFT.

I actually strongly suspect that he only allowed her to marry Tyler cause she was already fellowshipping with him, or was close to it.

He would have much preferred a VF "wedding of the year" like the Bradricks to a very rushed ceremony with Kim 8.5 months pregnant to a boy none of us have ever heard of who plays video games all day.

Deanna was raised by her father who works very hard and who seems to adore the hell out of her mother. pretty sure she thought she would get he same thing and reality is being a bitch to her :cry:

QFT.

I actually strongly suspect that he only allowed her to marry Tyler cause she was already fellowshipping with him, or was close to it.

He would have much preferred a VF "wedding of the year" like the Bradricks to a very rushed ceremony with Kim 8.5 months pregnant to a boy none of us have ever heard of who plays video games all day.

He's still got more options. I think it would make his lifetime to hook one of his daughters up with one of Dougie's boys. How old are Joshua and Justice Phillips these days?

Of course, I think Dougie is probably aiming higher for those two, but maybe one of the younger boys...

He's still got more options. I think it would make his lifetime to hook one of his daughters up with one of Dougie's boys. How old are Joshua and Justice Phillips these days?

Of course, I think Dougie is probably aiming higher for those two, but maybe one of the younger boys...

Yeah, I don't see Dougie giving his heir apparent to the daughter of the redneck guy who runs the warehouse.

Maybe his youngest daughter for Perry Jr, but she seems to be his favourite, so probably not.

Joshua is 20 i believe, and Justice is 17 or 18. I think you're right about aiming higher, but hey you never know.

QFT.

I think that Deanna was pushing the matter, she'd already packed up all her stuff. I think she gave her dad an ultimatum. I don't think that she's all that meek and obedient.

that would be nice...but I just can't see this and I have been following the blog for years. if you are an old time you remember knight in shining amour-he was a vf member who made the very stupid move to come here and parlay with us and nark on his 'friends'-he said that while perry senior was bit odd, those girls would be happy in a concentration camp.i think the lias girls are given so much more freedom than most their group so they don't know or question.

Archived