IGNORED

Women working is worse than rape

AtroposHeart

http://manboobz.com/2013/02/24/vox-day- ... /#comments

Found this on ManBoobz and had to share

two-thirds of [women] have to stay home and breed in order to prevent society from either collapsing into demographic and economic ruin or being transformed by the imported replacement workers into a third world society.

[T]here are a number of reasons that a man cannot stay home and provide childcare. The three most important are that a) most men don’t want to provide childcare, b) most women don’t want to work to support a man, and c) doing so significantly increases the probability that his wife will stop being attracted to him and his marriage will fail.

The fact that women may wish to work and are very capable of working no more implies that they should always be encouraged to do so anymore than the fact that men may wish to rape and are very capable of raping means that they should always be encouraged to do so. The ironic, but logically inescapable fact is that encouraging men to rape would be considerably less damaging to a society than encouraging women to enter the workforce en masse. Widespread rape makes a society uncivilized. Widespread female employment makes a society demographically unsustainable. History demonstrates that incivility can be survived and surmounted. Unsustainability, on the other hand, cannot.

What an ignorant mysoginist asshole :evil:

oh noes the immigrant workers!!! They will take over!! How ever will we survive?!?!

I like that men not wanting to provide childcare is a super important reason (#1) why they can't stay home but when women don't want to stay home we are ruining the fabric of society. For #s2 and 3, he might be surprised to find out that many women find men caring for children incredibly attractive.

"demographically unsustainable", ignoring the possibility of increased immigration if/when the xenophobes get over themselves.

He 's not taking into account the sudden drop in male population due to us armed women killing the rapists. How will that play into his little societal model?

Unless he has been raped, or had someone close to him become a victim of rape, he needs to shut the fuck up. Yes, you can get over it, and move on with your life, but you will never be the same. I'd like to think I function well, but I will never, ever be ok. I will never, ever feel safe. This guy can go fuck himself.

/rant/Hey F*cker, why don't you stay home so that you stop spreading your ignorant ramblings and let your wife (if one would have you) earn the money and serve as the moral and financial head of household. I don't care if you're a billionaire and you have 50 kids, go to church every Sunday and take mission trips - you're an animal with no respect for the female gender. The God I pray to will judge each of us when the time is nigh.

Don't forget - 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

/end rant/

I love made up facts/statistics. Written like a true idiot who has no idea about the monstrosity of rape. Oh, excuse me, I mean 'legitimate rape'. Please tell me when this Vox guy plans to run for public office. What about the women who are widowed or single w/out a father/brother? Are you willing to support them indefinitely? Also men that don't want to provide childcare, shouldn't be having children. What if your child was raped? Were they asking for it? Would you tell them that they don't have any proof? Would you ask them what they were wearing, how they encouraged it? What if a man with the ability to rape chose you as a victim? I'll tell you what, Vox, it would eff up your world. You would never be the same. It would haunt you 'because men are strong and don't get raped'. It would make your self-worth, sanity, security & sexuality demographically unsustainable.

"Vox Day" (Theodore Beale) is running for president of the Science Fiction Writers of America, much to the despair of all reasonable science fiction writers. He qualifies to be a member of said organization because of his horrific ultra-fundie garbage science fiction/fantasy about angels and what-not. He is a highly terrible person.

Offered as something of a unicorn chaser:

Official Tomb Raider merchandise in advance of the new game includes a comfortable-looking T-shirt that has a huge picture of Lara Croft's . . . face. Seriously, just her face. Not implausibly freshly groomed or dull-eyed-sexy, either. She looks like she is getting ready to kill a bear at close range. She is getting the full-on action hero treatment. THIS. IS. AWESOME.

Link: http://www.themarysue.com/tomb-raider-apparel/#0

Feminists! We're in ur franchize, dignifyin ur action babez.

I think this creature should be able to understand the horror of rape, without being raped himself. I noticed some of you suggested that he couldn't understand... but I think it shouldn't be that hard for someone to understand that rape is devastating and dehumanizing. Sure, having sympathy can't be that hard, can it? Unless you have been deprived of an important human quality, such as being able to sympathize with others...

The three most important are that a) most men don’t want to provide childcare, b) most women don’t want to work to support a man, and c) doing so significantly increases the probability that his wife will stop being attracted to him and his marriage will fail.

My response to each point;

a) My husband said from the very beginning of our marriage that he wanted to stay home and raise the kids while I worked.

b) Money is not an issue in our marriage. As long as we have enough to live on, who cares who earns it. Early in our marriage there was some diagreement about who would work but this had nothing to do with who would support the other. It was to do with the fact we both wanted to be stay at home parents. I ended up being the one who worked while hubby stayed home and we were both very happy, as were our kids. Never really thought of it as "supporting him".

c) I have been married for nearly seven years and I still think my husband is incredibly sexy. (He is a dancer and when I see him on stage, in costume, I still get that little tingle that I got when I first met him!) I have never met any man that I would rather be married to. I am unsure how my working would affect this anyway. I have a lot of male friends at work but none of them compare to my husband emotionally or physically.

Therefore, the writers argument is a fail.

Blah blah blah. These misogynists are just a bunch of whinny babies who hate that they no longer have a personal slave to mistreat and abuse. They find blame in one way or another. Women are blood suckers who just want a man to support her in her lifestyle. But, oh wait! Women are also man eaters who loves to steal men's jobs and emasculate men. Somehow, it's women's fault that they have to depend on man to support them so they can stay home and it's women's fault that they steal men's jobs. How can one be a bloodsucking leach AND a job thief? I wish these MRAs could keep their story straight.....

Blah blah blah. These misogynists are just a bunch of whinny babies who hate that they no longer have a personal slave to mistreat and abuse. They find blame in one way or another. Women are blood suckers who just want a man to support her in her lifestyle. But, oh wait! Women are also man eaters who loves to steal men's jobs and emasculate men. Somehow, it's women's fault that they have to depend on man to support them so they can stay home and it's women's fault that they steal men's jobs. How can one be a bloodsucking leach AND a job thief? I wish these MRAs could keep their story straight.....

Oh, their story is perfectly straightforward and clear. See, the sole function of a woman (that the MRA in question considers bangable) is to appear on command, provide sex and whatever else the MRA feels like getting, and disappear when he's done with her. But women have this frustrating tendency to be people. Even when the MRA gets a woman all to himself at home, she ends up having ideas and needs and dignity and a budget. But but but women are supposed to act like an adult version of I Dream of Jeannie! It's, like, law or something! But those nasty women, they just keep on not doing it for our poor MRA, even though they have to be doing it for everyone else because everybody knows that's what women really are. It's just not faaaaairrrrrr. And women with paychecks get terrifying add-ons, like authority over men (horrors!) and money that the MRA can't touch.

I think this creature should be able to understand the horror of rape, without being raped himself. I noticed some of you suggested that he couldn't understand... but I think it shouldn't be that hard for someone to understand that rape is devastating and dehumanizing. Sure, having sympathy can't be that hard, can it? Unless you have been deprived of an important human quality, such as being able to sympathize with others...

People like Vox who make such ignorant statements probably can't understand until it effects them personally. Rape has a reputation for 'blame the victim' effect. I am not suggesting he should experience it himself.

two-thirds of [women] have to stay home and breed in order to prevent society from either collapsing into demographic and economic ruin or being transformed by the imported replacement workers into a third world society.

The first of his many logical fallicies. Women do not need to stay home and breed. You can actually breed just fine while working. I did. Hell I even delivered at work (I do work in a hospital which made it easier). And, after you breed, neither you nor your male partner need to stay home to take care of the children. I guess he's never heard of daycare or school or nannies. I won't even begin to touch the rape thing because I think he threw that in there to be outrageous (god I hope so anyway).

http://manboobz.com/2013/02/24/vox-day-women-working-is-worse-than-rape/comment-page-1/#comments

[T]here are a number of reasons that a man cannot stay home and provide childcare. The three most important are that a) most men don’t want to provide childcare, b) most women don’t want to work to support a man, and c) doing so significantly increases the probability that his wife will stop being attracted to him and his marriage will fail.

a) Men don't provide child care. They parent. If you truly thought fathers were important to families, you would acknowledge that they are much, much more than childcare providers.

b) Who are these "most women" of whom you speak? Women work. Women have always worked. We work because we have to. The women whose families can afford to have them at home without bringing in any form of income represent a minuscule number of women throughout history. Their families were/are part of an elite, ruling class and are outrageously wealthy. Trust me, you don't know any of these women.

Other non-wage earning women, like the ones whose blogs we mock here, oftentimes put their families in ridiculous peril to live out a fantasy land ideal. They make meals with spoiled food. Their children go hungry or are fed stuff I wouldn't use to make pig slop. They can't access to medical, dental, and mental health care. They live in substandard housing. They can't heat their homes in wintertime. Their lives are lived lunging from one financial crises to the next. They sublimate their anxiety and frustrations by beating their children. And they justify the insanity that is their lives by saying it's all for the glory of the Lord.

The rest of look at how they live in horror. We're more than happy to bring home a pay packet so our husbands and our kids aren't living like that. Personally, I couldn't live with myself if was doing that to my family when I could work and make their lives better.

c) Stop projecting your own insecurities on to other men.

And one more thing - STOP making analogies out of the Holocaust and rape. It weakens your argument (see Godwin's Law) and makes you look both ignorant and insensitive. It's the antithesis of persuasive.

The ironic, but logically inescapable fact is that encouraging men to rape would be considerably less damaging to a society than encouraging women to enter the workforce en masse.

WTF??? :angry-cussingblack: What a bunch of sexist, misogynistic bullshit! :angry-screaming:

Ok, I've never experienced rape myself, but I still know and understand that it is HORRIBLY damaging.

I do, thankfully, have a job, and having to pick between being raped and having a job, I'd of course take the job. Wait, that's not even a choice between 2 bad options... that is a choice between a good and a bad option. #3 on the list of things I'm thankful for in life is that I DO have one, and that it is a good place to work.

Crap:( DH is supposed to solo parent on Saturdays (like he always does) so I can work 10 hours. When I make it home, I'll do my best to ignore how cute his butt is. But I am going out after work & meeting up with old sorority sister for drinks, so it might be late. Even though I don't make much $, I do like making money and taking care of my family in more than one way. But I am an evil feminist, so that shows me! :roll:

The bible show in Proverbs 31 that a woman is not restricted from work. Heck, there were wealthy women in the bible. So, men, like for many years, are imposing onto women.

Archived