IGNORED

Fundies/Fundie-lites

Josie123

Good question. If that young woman hadn't escaped her Maxwell engagement, we might have found out...

Curious! When fundies marry fundie-lites is that person made to give up the "lite ways"? How is the fundie-lite treated by new family?

Based on my observations of the Keller family, it's OK for a fundie woman to "go lite" if she marries a man who rolls that way. But if a fundie man marries a lite lady and he starts to lighten up, then she is viewed as a bad influence on him.

Based on my observations of the Keller family, it's OK for a fundie woman to "go lite" if she marries a man who rolls that way. But if a fundie man marries a lite lady and he starts to lighten up, then she is viewed as a bad influence on him.

To fundies, aren't women, by definition, bad influences on men?

In my fundie-lite background, women almost never married "lite-er," but men did so all the time, and, yes, the woman was blamed if the man changed. Of course, this attitude has been known to affect non-fundies as well: my MIL is convinced that I am the reason that her son is agnostic. The reality is that he was agnostic when my judgemental little fundie-lite self met him. It was 2 more years before I walked away from religion.

Archived