IGNORED

Abby's "Struggle" with infertility

lilah

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's a strange and stupid woman. Does it not occur

to her that there is a concept known as 'natural child spacing'? That if you are stressed, have a needy toddler, body needs time to regroup and replenish etc etc your body might decide it is not an optimal time for another pregnancy. This goes in so well with the Lord opening and closing the womb thing. Why must she relentlessly churn out babies? It's all rather...dense.

After seeing all the fuss in this thread, I went and looked at the blog post again and the comments. Am I missing something? Where did she get "attacked" and "judged"? The comments I saw were all pretty sympathetic, but pointed out obvious flaws in her rationality.

Were there comments that were removed or something? I didn't think any of the comments by people (who I presume are FJ'ers) were mean or crazy or judgy or whatever. Some of the comments were actually giving pretty good advice like "enjoy your children." And for all the talk the fundies have about "surrendering to God" and whatnot, this gal is sure isn't doing a very good job if she's crying over her first period after a baby.

Still no answer to Brenda's comment...

However Brenda is back (if you're a member of FJ, I salute you) with a little smackdown for Little JoAnn:

It does not matter to me what you want to hear. I wrote the reply to Abigail, no one else. If a rational response sounds crazy to you, then you are welcome to read comments on other blogs. As for the term "narcissistic," that was Abby's term for some of her struggles, not mine. If it is inaccurate she should not have used it.

You say it is wrong to be judgmental, then you judge me and wrongly assume I do not do "volunteer work with the poor and vulnerable." The you resort to name calling. My intention is to help Abigail see why she is getting the negative responses she does. The responses obviously upset her.

Your purpose seems to only to be vindictive and spiteful. That does not help anyone. I assume by "scary Catholic gals" you mean educated Catholic women who are not afraid to think critically and analytically. Yes, I am that. Thank you for noticing.

I thank you for you decision not to respond to my feedback in the future. It is greatly appreciated.

I love that that chick said she wasn't going to reply to Brenda...and then replies to Brenda.

Also, since when is the Catholic Church against psychology?

Archived