IGNORED

Debi Pearl and the KKK

RationalSquirrel

This morning I listened to a Fresh Air interview with an author who wrote about the KKK. He played a soundbite of a speech given by the wife of a high ranking member and I was struck (but not surprised) by how much like her rhetoric sounded like that of Debi Pearl:

"Ladies, the women in this county, the women in this town need your help and they need your support. Your husband have a job, you expect him to go out and make a living. Then it's no more than right for you to help him. Do you know, as I have said many many times from a platform, do you know that in Russia the people live behind an Iron Curtain. But men, let me tell you, I really feel sorry for you because I know a lot of you men who live behind one little iron petticoat and it's pathetic. Men, why don't you step out from behind it and be a man. Women, you don't know how good you would feel if your husband was a man that could stand on his own two feet and not have to ask you every time he went to the 50-yard dash behind the house, you really would. So women, they need you. They need your support today, to - as I said, tomorrow could be too late. Today is the day."

The speech was given at a rally in the late 60's and was addressed to the wives of members (since women couldn't officially join). The similarities between the Klan and the Christian Patriarchy are disconcerting.

We womenz is scarey beeches....

After all, we do in fact bleed 5 days and live, we do in fact pop out babies--no man can reproduce without us, and, worst of all, we know exactly what the man looks like and how he performs naked, thus we are well aware of any shortcomings or general failings that no one else would know.

And if womenz is let out they might TELL someone. They might LAUGH. Not just with other women, but with men.

So, we need to keep those Womenz at home, away from anyone they could tell.

I am always amazed at how afraid of women some men are.

Edited because apparently not all of us womenz can spell..... ; 0

Not surprising at all. The KKK started out to "protect" white Christians....if they can't get with the times in regards to race, why get with the times in regard to patriarchy.

Dr. Camille Lewis is writing a book and researching the fact that the KKK was born within the Christian Patriarchal movement, and continues to have ties to the movement ideologically at the vey least.

The white nationalist movement takes misogyny to a level beyond what we see from the fundies. Those guys hate women more than they hate blacks, Jews, or Mexicans.

Dr. Camille Lewis is writing a book and researching the fact that the KKK was born within the Christian Patriarchal movement, and continues to have ties to the movement ideologically at the vey least.

Ooh, I have to read this book. Thanks for mentioning Dr. Lewis.

Archived