IGNORED

Abortion dr exonerated for late-term abortion complications

CallmeChaCha

news.yahoo.com/nm-board-exonerates-term-abortion-doctor-215854850.html

A doctor in New Mexico who performs late-term abortions was exonerated of gross negligence for how she handled complications from a late-term abortion she performed. The woman who got the abortion had a ruptured cervix and was rushed to the hospital. Some anti-abortion group filed a complaint with the NM Medical Board against the doctor after hearing the 9-1-1 call. The woman who had the abortion was not involved in the complaint, but now her ordeal and possibly even her name are now a matter of public record.

The complainant... issued a statement saying the "decision to protect abortionists and their below-standard procedures that endanger women and violate the law only serves to place more women at risk."
I'm sure these late-term abortion doctors use, to quote Dirty Dancing, "a dirty knife and a folding table" as a standard operating practice. And I'm sure this woman wants everyone else to know all the details of her ordeal. Apparently, this anti-abortion group likes to listen to 9-1-1 calls from abortion clinics and file complaints with medical boards against the doctors at the clinics.

How do people listen in on 9-1-1 calls, and how on earth is it legal?

I think it's considered public record. Don't know why. That's why TMZ/etc. always have 911 calls from/about celebrities and stuff. The news also uses 911 calls a lot too because apparently we all need to hear the shots in the background during a home invasion, or whatever the f-k

That group - Operation Rescue - has over 100 similar complaints pending, including against 'regular' abortion clinics. Nice way to waste resources and clog up the medical review board's time with nonsense. They were involved with the murder of Dr. Tiller and one of their lead members tried to blow up a clinic in California. A very violent group and I'd be fearful if they had my information - they know names, residences, religion, family, etc. Scary.

That group - Operation Rescue - has over 100 similar complaints pending, including against 'regular' abortion clinics. Nice way to waste resources and clog up the medical review board's time with nonsense. They were involved with the murder of Dr. Tiller and one of their lead members tried to blow up a clinic in California. A very violent group and I'd be fearful if they had my information - they know names, residences, religion, family, etc. Scary.

They're terrifying. Wish they'd just stay in their basements with tinfoil hats like most people of their...type.

911 calls are public record, as are police reports. All it takes is an open records request, the address the call originated (police responded to x address), a party's name, or a case number. Want a copy of Lindsay Lohan's police reports? Pay $1/page and they're yours.

Some states redact HIPAA information from public records but many dont. Unfortunately, many court records are a gold mine for identity thieves because it youre the victim of a rape, theres a good chance your medical records were filed as part of discovery. Just an off topic FYI - if you're ever the victim of a crime ask the judge to seal your personal information.

How do people listen in on 9-1-1 calls, and how on earth is it legal?

I found this information about the confidentiality of 911 calls. Apparently laws differ state to state. http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/telecom/confidentiality-of-911-call-recordings.aspx

Six states—Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Wyoming—keep 911 call recordings confidential. Five other states—Georgia, Maine, Minnesota, North Carolina and South Dakota—place some restrictions on the release of 911 calls or the information contained in them.

There are websites where you can stream police and emergency radios or you can just use a scanner. So, these assholes, I mean, "concerned citizens" could listen to a scanner for cases they're interested and then submit a public records request for the relevant call.

And it's super creepy they're doing that. I hope they get sued for harrassment or emotional distress or even just have their houses TP'd.

There are websites where you can stream police and emergency radios or you can just use a scanner. So, these assholes, I mean, "concerned citizens" could listen to a scanner for cases they're interested and then submit a public records request for the relevant call.

And it's super creepy they're doing that. I hope they get sued for harrassment or emotional distress or even just have their houses TP'd.

It would be amazingly fitting if someone violated their privacy like that for a change.

I just don't understand how complete strangers could file a legal complaint against a doctor without the patient's consent. I mean, Doc screwed up Grandpa's hip replacement and the family is taking legal recourse is one thing, but these are just some random assholes with a 911 scanner and a political agenda. This makes me stabby! :angry-cussing:

I just don't understand how complete strangers could file a legal complaint against a doctor without the patient's consent. I mean, Doc screwed up Grandpa's hip replacement and the family is taking legal recourse is one thing, but these are just some random assholes with a 911 scanner and a political agenda. This makes me stabby! :angry-cussing:

Yeah, but people who have abortions have no agency and are too stupid to know what they want.

Yeah, but people who have abortions have no agency and are too stupid to know what they want.

Yeah, this group is totally trying to protect women. They were even quoted in the article saying it, so it must be true! They have our interests and well-being in mind. (which is totally why they took into consideration disregarded that woman's privacy).

This is a very scary group. I wonder if the woman can sue them for this. It's so invasive of them.

Yeah, this group is totally trying to protect women. They were even quoted in the article saying it, so it must be true! They have our interests and well-being in mind. (which is totally why they took into consideration disregarded that woman's privacy).

This is a very scary group. I wonder if the woman can sue them for this. It's so invasive of them.

Well, there's a lawyer out there for every client. I do hope it would make it to court and by the end of the trial, these asshole, I mean, "concerned citizens" losing everything and are the ones holding the sign at the top of the exit ramp.

Archived