IGNORED

Written for our Learning

fundies_like_zombies

writtenforourlearning.wordpress.com

Stay at home daughter -

17.jpg?w=490&h=326

Has written posts on so much more, biblical womanhood, home birth ....

All this time, I hadn’t looked at myself as a female from a Biblical perspective. I wasn’t just a human being growing in Christ, I was a woman growing in Him. I will give credit to my Dad; he did make mention of our duties and role as women, such as the topic of modesty and femininity. But I wasn’t raised by a Christian mother, and for the most part, I was raised by a single father. It never really sunk in, and I didn’t have an in-home example to watch and learn from. (Titus 2:35)

all seems very eager and young.

Sometimes it seems like these girls come up with the idea of becoming a stay-at-home daughter themselves. I wonder what the parents think in these instances. (Not saying that is the case here, but that is the first impression).

Sometimes it seems like these girls come up with the idea of becoming a stay-at-home daughter themselves. I wonder what the parents think in these instances. (Not saying that is the case here, but that is the first impression).

A lot of them do. Mostly because they feel they don't belong anywhere. I can also assure you their parents think they have gone off the deep end. (remember Lina's parents?)

Ick. I see that her email address is g r e g s g i r l 9 3. Greg is her dad. Another one in love with her father.

Ick. I see that her email address is g r e g s g i r l 9 3. Greg is her dad. Another one in love with her father.

Thats just seriously squicktastic... :puke-front:

I can assure you what MY parents would think if I decided to become a SAHD. It was one thing when I was living with them while not going to school and unemployed because I was TRYING to find a job (the recession had just hit, and it was a small town anyway).

If I just came home one day and said, "guess what parents? I've decided to drop out of school, not get a job, AND live with you guys until the perfect guy falls into my lap." You wanna know what they'd tell me? They'd tell me that I was either going to try my hardest to get a job and or go to school, or find another place to live.

And that email address is just... ewwww. Daddysgirl almost sounds better. Childish, but at least not AS squicky...

It gives a boyfriend-girlfriend kind of feeling. I've seen t-shirts that said I'm _____ 's girl. Here is just plain squicky.

What does she know about homebirth?

She's studying to be a "midwife," just like Jill Duggar. Did you know the program only costs $500? That's cheaper than a semester at my local community college.

My name is Moriah Miller. I am 19 years old, and am a daughter of the Pastor for kjvbiblebelievers.com . I am continually trying to learn and grow closer to Christ. I am striving for living a life of Biblical Womanhood, to preach the gospel to every living creature, and submitting to the role God gave me. I am currently studying to become a midwife through a correspondence program called Midwifery Institute of America. I live at home under the authority of my Dad, learning home economics and the art of domesticity. I pray that what I write will benefit you; whether positive or negative.

If you notice error in my writing, want to make a personal comment, or desire more information, please contact me at gregsgirl93@yahoo.com.

In case you were wondering, yes, you're correct. Her father's name is Greg (shudder).

Well, there's nothing like watching babies being birthed in a dangerous situation without trained medical professionals(ie Midwife RN). I just pray that no babies go harmed in her hands just like Jill Duggar. Birth is a scary thing.

Oh and I hope her dad does not know her in the bibilcal sense.

Thing is there's nothing biblical about being a soon-to-be 20-something who's still learning how to keep house. It's even less biblical to be a woman who's able to afford (on many levels) to spend entire mornings/afternoons reading in a garden.

Assuming she was even taught to read, a woman from the even the wealthiest family in those times was busy running her household from dawn to dusk, even if servants or slaves did most of the scut work. If she was a poor woman she was busting her rear end in 14- to 16-hour days just to ensure her family survived. And physical labor, too, not pontificating on papyrus for a readership of like-minded women. And she was doing this on her own from about the time she was 15 or 16. If she was still playing pretend housekeeping into her 20s, both she and her family would have been in real peril. (I'd be willing to bet that more than a few families back then found ways to do away with girls who were too slow in mastering skills or unable to do much of anything to contribute to the family's survival. :( Life was too brutal to coddle anyone.)

I'm with the other posters who think this whole SAHD thing was invented by privileged Christian women and/or their families. I think they've watched too many Masterpiece Theater costume dramas set in the Victorian, Edwardian and Regency eras and thought, "Wouldn't it be lovely to spend my days doing needlepoint and playing chamber music on the harpsichord?" and then set about finding ways to justify it. And because Christian references are all they know, they use that to frame their rationale. Wha-la! It's now "biblical womanhood" to park yourself in your parents' home into your 20s and 30s instead of making your own way in the world!

And what parents in their right minds are going to entrust the birth of their child to a 19-year-old SAHD whose only obstetric training came from one $500 course? I'd entrust my baby's delivery to my neighbor who's a middle school science teacher before I'd put myself in this girl's hands.

only $500 to be a midwife? wow... yeah not too sure I would trust that ... in Canada it is highly regulated and it is like 2 or 4 years in a university(never really looked in to it) certainly not that cheep to do ..

I lived at home while working full time at a minimum wage job trying to save for College, I was informed by my mom that they did not mind supporting me because I was saving all my money, if I had been spending it they would have charged me rent. I went to college went home for a year, worked put all my money away for my wedding and got married. I am sure if I had stayed and not gotten married I would have been paying rent or even getting my own place... that is the normal progression of life.

She titled her blog "Written for our Learning?" What a patronizing twat.

That actually comes from a verse in the Bible "for whatever things were written before were written for our learning" not sure that makes it much better... she think that her writing is on par with the Bible? :?

Referring to the Botkinettes book, she writes that one of the reasons she likes it is that "it fits on the shelf so nicely."

Because how a book fits on my shelf is one of my main concerns when browsing at Barnes and Noble :roll:

...I'm with the other posters who think this whole SAHD thing was invented by privileged Christian women and/or their families. I think they've watched too many Masterpiece Theater costume dramas set in the Victorian, Edwardian and Regency eras and thought, "Wouldn't it be lovely to spend my days doing needlepoint and playing chamber music on the harpsichord?" and then set about finding ways to justify it. And because Christian references are all they know, they use that to frame their rationale. Wha-la! It's now "biblical womanhood" to park yourself in your parents' home into your 20s and 30s instead of making your own way in the world!...

This is exactly how one of my SAHD fundie cousins thinks! Her homeschool "graduation" was a gone with the wind/civil war ball. Complete with costume. :puke-front::puke-front:

I just read her post about making a fermented beet drink called kvass. Apparently she feels SO good when she drinks it! Which got me thinking... I checked, and kvass apparently is about 1% alcohol. Not enough to give me a buzz, but I bet she feels it!

Oh dear god, I recognize the book she is reading holding in that photo: The Excellent Wife. I received a copy from a friend's mother. It paints a very depressing picture of marriage.

only $500 to be a midwife? wow... yeah not too sure I would trust that ... in Canada it is highly regulated and it is like 2 or 4 years in a university

That's true in most US states, too. The few states that permit these underprepared, undertrained, inexperienced people to call themselves "midwives" are really doing a disservice to the profession's reputation as well as putting vulnerable expecting mothers at risk.

I just read her post about making a fermented beet drink called kvass. Apparently she feels SO good when she drinks it! Which got me thinking... I checked, and kvass apparently is about 1% alcohol. Not enough to give me a buzz, but I bet she feels it!

How funny, that's a Russian drink. I wonder how she learned about it?

In Russia it's not like a "healthy" drink or anything, it's more like a "common man's drink" that they still sell on street corners and at outdoor events. It tastes like sweetened liquid bread and I think it's gross as hell, but some people love it.

ITA about the Masterpiece Theater overload. I always loved that stuff, but I also thought it would be stultifying and depressing to spend every day stuck indoors floating around the drawing room and embroidering (although the latter IS my hobby.) I always think of that weird scene in Pride and Prejudice where the women "take a turn about the room" for exercise. :::shudder:::

At the moment, it appeals to me to be able to just spend the entire morning/afternoon doing nothing but reading books, knitting, writing...

But, you know, that's only because I don't wanna write this paper.

Archived