IGNORED

Another Article Begging Men To Date Good Christian Women

debrand

Why are there always Choice A and Choice B with fundies? In life every situation is individual, and you really have to make sharp judgement calls at the end of the day, not depend on a formula that may or may not work in a particular situation.

I kissed my husband first and it surprised thr hell out of him. Heck we barely knew each other and slept together, but 8 years later we have been married nearly 5 years. Guess some men don't mind buying a cow giving them free milk :lol:

When I was a good Christian fundie and fundie-lite, it used to bug me that Christian men didn't seem interested in me. At the time, I felt like it was because I didn't fit their image of a good Christian bride. I was attractive with a set of knockers that made me look like a wanton, but not blonde and not all curled and perfumed, and I wasn't afraid to voice my opinion, and I wasn't fond of sitting around and giggling. After I got divorced (from the asshole I married, the only "Christian" guy who looked my way), it was somewhat shocking to discover that I was actually popular with men. Not all the time, and it took me a little bit to figure out the difference between fleeting interest and long-term interest, but there were a lot of males in the world who found my non-sitting around self interesting. The most left-wing, non-Christian of all of these was one of the most charming and patient in terms of his wooing... not in a creepy way, because he could tell that I was interested, but it was the most old-fashioned wooing I've ever experienced. Like he would make me dinner, bring me funny little surprises, write me moving e-mails, that sort of thing, all before he even tried to kiss me (and I would have kissed him way sooner, but I got curious and decided to see who could last longer). I think he just wanted to establish something deeper before we moved into the physical side of things, and we could already tell that we had kind of an intense connection that way. It sort of blew my mind because I was still recovering from the "non-Christian guys just want to take advantage of you" crap that had been lectured into me. Nope. Non-Christian guys can be way more respectful and sweet, actually. I should probably mention that this guy was exceedingly masculine and ripped out of his mind, and made a living working with massive slabs of timber.

I've also experienced that attractive, hard-working men who have sex with you on the fourth date or so aren't necessarily opposed to marrying you. Sometimes they really want to, way more than you.

All that to say, Christian guys pursue the kind of women they think fit into their worldview. If that's not you, that's not really a bad thing. There might be something much better waiting for you away from those patriarchal mental and emotional (and possibly physical) weaklings.

Archived