IGNORED

Lanier steps down from YLCF

Wow, so now it's just Gretchen and a bunch of girls who can't write their way out of a paper bag. Seriously - some of the posts recently by the new authors are just painful to read.

YLCF DEATHWATCH starting......now.

Oh wow. I Google for Lanier so I can continue stalking her, er, reading her own blog and I find this entire forum....it's like stepping out into Oz, or at least I can mention Ashleigh to someone and they know who I mean.

*goes off to search for an introductions thread*

Hi Lucy! YLCF was my "gateway" blog and I still have an unhealthy interest in the bloggers there - if you want the REAL dirt, there was a whole long thread on them on the Yuku board called "Courtship Stories."

Silvia - thanks! I now find myself wanting to make comments on ages-old YLCF posts. :)

Bea - that's actually what I found first, and I was sad because it looked as though everyone had stopped contributing, but then I found y'all were over here. :) That thread was amazing; I'd always wondered what happened to Natalie (both in terms of her first marriage and how she was doing now) and I'm glad she's all right. And I spent pretty much all night reading it and associated links; thankfully, I stopped at one point to make dinner, because obviously ensuring that My Man Gets Fed is my primary goal....

What is the story with Lanier? I know she is BFF's with Gretchen (Little Pink House and YLCF) and longtime, but now departed writer at YLCF. Does anyone know why she never had children or adopted? I think it was mentioned at some point.

She seems like such a lovely person and she is a talented writer. I wonder if being around all those quiverfull girls is difficult for her. Hoping she is blissfully happy in her farmhouse, surrounded by her animals and friends!

She has never discussed it, and least not anywhere I've seen. My guess is that they tried to have children but were unable to. It seems to me she enjoys a very contented life (at least that's how she portrays it), so I imagine she's getting along OK. She has books, animals, and travels to keep her busy... could be a lot worse!

Archived