IGNORED

Conservatives Blame Evolution, Government for CT Shooting

AtroposHeart

This shooting is yet another tragic example of the failed, grotesque insistence on helpless victim zones where any crazed gunman can be assured of a large number of disarmed, undefended, helpless victims, all crammed into one place, where he can kill many children before an armed defender arrives from elsewhere. It is disturbing and sick that the federal government so hates the right of the American people to bear arms, and so hates their natural right to self defense, that the government insists on making them helpless, disarmed victims for anyone who cares to kill them. And in this case, all of the teachers and staff were willfully disarmed by the Federal Government, by force of law and threat of prison, to ensure that they would be disarmed and incapable of saving the lives of the children entrusted to their care.

That makes the Federal Government complicit in the deaths of these children, and in fact an accessory to their mass murder, by forcibly disarming (with the very real threat of prison) all the teachers, all the staff, and any parent who may have been on school property. That stupid law guaranteed the shooters would meet no immediate armed resistance, which is exactly what is needed to stop such an attack.

More than asking why this evil happened, we need to work diligently to prevent it. The innocents killed at Newtown are double the number of Columbine victims in 1999. We should be all the more grieved and all the more resolved to stop murders before they start. The answer is teaching the fear of God and love for God in schools and throughout society. Because mass murder is another example of societal degradation, a deadly consequence of promoting murderous abortions, godless evolution, and gratuitous violence. How opposite of teaching children that all people are worthy because they were created by God, that all innocent human beings deserve protection because they're made in God's image, and that every person is accountable to God when He judges the world.

Every school official should be armed and trained to repel these attacks upon schoolchildren. And every parent and every media industry decision maker should absolutely prohibit children from enjoying scenes that glorify violence and desensitize them to the taking of innocent human life.

The television is full of weeping parents and pictures of angelic children. Facebook is afire with solipsistic women attempting to co-opt the tragedy for their own emotional gratification. Politicians wipe away fake tears and thunder about the need for “meaningful action.†Psychologists blather about the killer’s motivation and wonder if his murderous rage stemmed from inadequate toilet-training, psychotropic medications or his parent’s divorce. Conspiracy theorists note inconsistencies in the news stories and mark the suicide that always seems to be accompanied by reports of a second gunman.

We know the drill. This isn’t our first rodeo.

Americans who value freedom know that they cannot permit ignorant comments from the overly emotional about how “we must do something†to stand unchallenged. The political elite that seeks to disarm the American people is getting increasingly desperate, seeing how public support for gun rights has consistently grown in keeping with the federal government’s assertion of its right to fly armed drones over their heads and assassinate them at will. They are alarmed by the way in which all of their attempts to emotionally manipulate the American people into submitting to a blatantly unconstitutional disarmament have not only failed, but backfired.

The ruling elite is presently embarking upon a full-court press for gun control, the likes of which have not been seen since George W. Bush’s administration used the 2008 financial crisis to ram TARP down the throats of an unwilling American people and bail out his friends on Wall Street. But it isn’t working. It isn’t working because we know the drill.

…

Don’t give them an inch. Cut them no slack. Punch back twice as hard. When they bring the knife of emotional blackmail to the argument, draw your .50 caliber Desert Eagle of facts, logic and history and blow them away without mercy.

Ask them this: 800,000 law enforcement officers have killed 525 unarmed citizens with guns so far this year. Approximately 310 million private citizens killed an estimated 10,500 of their fellow citizens with guns over the same period of time. Given that a law enforcement officer is 19.4 times more likely to shoot and kill an unarmed American than a private citizen, if you genuinely care about reducing gun deaths, why aren’t you calling for the disarmament of law enforcement

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/c ... t-shooting

What happens if the teacher can't get to their gun in a time of crisis? What if they're writing something on the board when someone bursts into a classroom, but the gun is locked inside a desk drawer? How would that help? And what would happen if the locked area was broken into, and the gun stolen? Would the school be held responsible for any injuries/deaths caused by that gun, no matter where the attack happened?

**Approximately 310 million private citizens killed an estimated 10,500 of their fellow citizens with guns over the same period of time.

Make that 309, 999,997 private citizens. I don't own a gun, don't want to own a gun, and neither do my parents.

Fucking idiots arming teachers will work just fine and dandy until some teacher flips their shit and opens fire on their students, of course then these dipshits will want kindergarteners packing heat.

On a side note is it awful that I'm getting so jaded by these right wing politicians and fundie nutjobs that it won't surprise me at all when we start hearing about some shooter attacking a pre-school, nursing home or maternity ward and the fundies telling us we have no right to cry because think of the aborted fetuses and the right-wingers telling us we need to arm doctors nurses and daycare providers.

I'd rather be a solipsistic woman seeking emotional gratification than a rightwing tool who wants to blame everything and everyone but where the blame actually begins and ends: gun saturation.

Fucking idiots arming teachers will work just fine and dandy until some teacher flips their shit and opens fire on their students, of course then these dipshits will want kindergarteners packing heat.

On a side note is it awful that I'm getting so jaded by these right wing politicians and fundie nutjobs that it won't surprise me at all when we start hearing about some shooter attacking a pre-school, nursing home or maternity ward and the fundies telling us we have no right to cry because think of the aborted fetuses and the right-wingers telling us we need to arm doctors nurses and daycare providers.

w/r/t the teacher angle. I don't want a gun and don't want to be forced to learn to use one and keep it in my desk. I'm 5' tall. I will be teaching kids who are a lot bigger than I am. I can easily be overtaken, held down, and have the gun used against me. Even at our worst around here, arming teachers was never on the table.

There is no evidence that arming teachers would have prevented one death. The mother jones article on the 62 mass murders the investigated showed no case where someone was stopped or slowed because of a civilian carrying a weapon.

I was trying to be sarcastic I didn't mean that I think we should arm teachers. I was trying to point out that it would more than likely end in another tragedy if a teacher felt threatened by a student, or as another person posted got overpowered by a student, or heaven forbid there was a teacher who was a bit unstable and started shooting.

I was trying to be sarcastic I didn't mean that I think we should arm teachers. I was trying to point out that it would more than likely end in another tragedy if a teacher felt threatened by a student, or as another person posted got overpowered by a student, or heaven forbid there was a teacher who was a bit unstable and started shooting.

Oh I know. That wasn't directed at you. More just a place for the word vomit I had over the idea.

There is now a fb post going around talking about one case where one school shooter was stopped by the principal shooting him, or pulling a gun on him ( not sure which ).. and how the "main stream media" won't tell you about this blah blah blah... people pointed out this guy had already killed six or eight people before he was stopped, and this was ONE case out of the thousands and thousands of gun deaths .

The math and logic fail in that post was astounding. Really, police officers are more likely to come across a criminal situation and shoot someone ? No kidding ! And the 310,000,000 figure also includes children, the extremely elderly, the incarcerated and hospitalized and the millions and millions of people who don't own guns.

They're missing one simple fact; if the shooter's mother did not have a small armoury in her home, which the shooter had easy access to, all those children would be alive today.

I'd like to point out, as I have done (probably ad nauseam) that to stop and drop a shooter you need to be trained to FIREARMS POLICE UNIT OR MILITARY LEVELS OF ACCURACY or be incredibly fucking lucky.

Firing a gun in a situation where you have a determined gunman and running screaming kids and dropping him (shots to the centre mass and possibly to the head) without hitting the kids or missing completely, um yeah. Every internet keyboard warrior thinks they can do it. Not a chance.

For a start, there are psychological issues. Shooting a gun on a range, I've done that. Pointing a gun at a human being and shooting, I could see myself doing but it's completely different and under a very limited range of conditions. Opening fire in a classroom full of terrified kids? That would be a no.

Who's controlling the situation? You or the gunman? That would be the gunman. All you can do is react. There are good reactions (tell children to hide, maybe talk to him if you can) and fucking stupid reactions (pull out a small gun you've kept around a classroom of little kids and try to kill someone with an assault rifle.)

Unless people are seriously suggesting that teachers should be trained in weaponry to the level of firearms officers, who STILL fuck up, then maybe sit down and STFU yourself.

(end of rant, sorry, this is everywhere online).

More than asking why this evil happened, we need to work diligently to prevent it. The innocents killed at Newtown are double the number of Columbine victims in 1999. We should be all the more grieved and all the more resolved to stop murders before they start. The answer is teaching the fear of God and love for God in schools and throughout society. Because mass murder is another example of societal degradation, a deadly consequence of promoting murderous abortions, godless evolution, and gratuitous violence. How opposite of teaching children that all people are worthy because they were created by God, that all innocent human beings deserve protection because they're made in God's image, and that every person is accountable to God when He judges the world.

It should come as no surprise that the Iranian Supreme Leader (and hardcore Islamist fundie) Ali Khamenei agrees with the author of the above quote, and Mike Huckabee, and even Whiner Lady, that “lack of religion in the United States is the main reason of the school shooting.†http://goo.gl/OrWnQ

It just goes to show that a fundie is a fundie is a fundie. No difference between a Christianist and an Islamist when you reach that point.

I'd like to point out, as I have done (probably ad nauseam) that to stop and drop a shooter you need to be trained to FIREARMS POLICE UNIT OR MILITARY LEVELS OF ACCURACY or be incredibly fucking lucky.

Firing a gun in a situation where you have a determined gunman and running screaming kids and dropping him (shots to the centre mass and possibly to the head) without hitting the kids or missing completely, um yeah. Every internet keyboard warrior thinks they can do it. Not a chance.

Not to mention, if that were a real risk these people would smarten up and wear bulletproof vests and helmets. Some already do.

They're missing one simple fact; if the shooter's mother did not have a small armoury in her home, which the shooter had easy access to, all those children would be alive today.

So.Much.This. I personally believe that there should be a mandatory Psychological profile done of everyone in the home over a certain age if someone wants to buy a gun. Any gun. If that had been done, this woman would not have been allowed to have guns in her home with a mentally unstable person and those children would not have been killed. Also, ban the damn assault rifles. No one needs an assault rifle other than military and swat teams. I was watching Piers Morgan last night and he was speaking to someone (I he was an NRA member or something to that effect) regarding why anyone needed an assault rifle. This guy's response? They are fun. They are like the Ferrari of guns. 20 children and 6 adults were killed by a gun that this asshole described as fun. Fucking FUN. He thinks gun control laws are fine the way they are, right to bear arms blah blah blah. Well, excuse me sir but my children's right to not have to be afraid to go to fucking school trumps your fun! He also stated that cars kill more people than guns and no one is banning them. He then went on to state that drugs are to blame, including anti-psychotics and ADHD meds given to children. It was all I could do not to put my fist through the tv screen. :angry-banghead:

Also wanted to add: JFC I agree with everything you said. Firing a gun in controlled conditions takes quite a bit of practice. To do so in a chaotic situation would absolutely cause more harm than good. I have fired a gun and am fairly proficient at it and there is no way I would open fire in a classroom full of scared children against someone with an assault rifle. Not to mention, if someone bursts into a classroom firing an assault rifle the likelihood of the teacher even having time to reach for a gun, even if it was holstered and on his/her person, is pretty much zero. They'd be dead before they even touched the gun.

#SPECULATION_ALERT

I've also read that she wasn't just a gun nut, she was a "prepper", stockpiling ammo, food, etc. for a coming economic collapse and preparing her son to be a survivalist. So perhaps we have Yet Another easily manipulated, paranoid individual whose worst fears are being stoked by the rants emanating from Fox News and talk radio? And perhaps it was all too much for a young, vulnerable, friendless loner to handle.

Archived