IGNORED

Gifts That Fundies Would LOVE

MrsKay

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he thought that too. That is why I didn't not have any problem explaining in detail what I was going to use to for.

I do have long hair, as does my daughter but we wear pants and are not fundies. Wait, my daughter was on a skirt and dress kick in first grade. We probably did give off the vibe that it might have been used for disipline

Just out of interest, what is the method you were using with the aquarium line? Dont think I have heard that one before?

plagues.jpg

10 Plagues of Egypt toy. To remind fundie kids that life IS a vale of tears.

Also, a perfect stockingfiller this Christmas!

Just out of interest, what is the method you were using with the aquarium line? Dont think I have heard that one before?

My daughter was a very avid and aggressive chewer.

It happened when the pre school teacher would not allow thumb sucking in class.

My daughter moved on to hair chewing. For health reasons, we took that option away. She then moved on to clothes chewing. A new shirt would come home from school shredded. Pencils would be shredded too. We learned about sensory issues and gentle parenting methods of handling this situation. The suggestion was to give her something to chew on that was safe, acceptable, and would satisfy the sensory need. They suggested chewing on plumbing line as it gives good resistance and a satisfying chew for children and adults that have a need for this type of sensory input. To avoid the choking hazard in children, they suggested making a necklace out of it.

We used the aquarium line for a chewy necklace.

Dammit my link to Joshie's Christmas present broke. I'll just have to do this the old fashioned way. Nope, board attachment quota. I'll have to do this the really long way...

Here Joshie! Here's your present.

2zfjvcx.jpg

My daughter was a very avid and aggressive chewer.

It happened when the pre school teacher would not allow thumb sucking in class.

My daughter moved on to hair chewing. For health reasons, we took that option away. She then moved on to clothes chewing. A new shirt would come home from school shredded. Pencils would be shredded too. We learned about sensory issues and gentle parenting methods of handling this situation. The suggestion was to give her something to chew on that was safe, acceptable, and would satisfy the sensory need. They suggested chewing on plumbing line as it gives good resistance and a satisfying chew for children and adults that have a need for this type of sensory input. To avoid the choking hazard in children, they suggested making a necklace out of it.

We used the aquarium line for a chewy necklace.

OT, but was it durable? When BoyKay was in what we call his "Primitive Stage", I spent a LOT of time looking for decent chewing material. I was mortified when, during a trip to the pet store, he laid claim to a chew toy, which I had to purchase (I was just grateful that it wasn't obviously meant for dogs!). Talking to other parents online and IRL, I was floored to learn that quite a few parents actually buy DILDOS - ones that don't resemble an actual penis and aren't obvious "toys", but still, are dildos - for their SN kids to chew the hell out of. :shock: I guess their reasoning was that they were meant for human use, but I was happy to stick with a nontoxic dog toy. Then again, I was so desperate at the time that I might have resorted to adult toys, if BoyKay hadn't solved the issue himself... :?

(Reading over that makes me realize how far we've come over the past few years - this thread has now made me smile for more reasons than just mocking fundies! :D )

OT, but was it durable? When BoyKay was in what we call his "Primitive Stage", I spent a LOT of time looking for decent chewing material. I was mortified when, during a trip to the pet store, he laid claim to a chew toy, which I had to purchase (I was just grateful that it wasn't obviously meant for dogs!). Talking to other parents online and IRL, I was floored to learn that quite a few parents actually buy DILDOS - ones that don't resemble an actual penis and aren't obvious "toys", but still, are dildos - for their SN kids to chew the hell out of. :shock: I guess their reasoning was that they were meant for human use, but I was happy to stick with a nontoxic dog toy. Then again, I was so desperate at the time that I might have resorted to adult toys, if BoyKay hadn't solved the issue himself... :?

(Reading over that makes me realize how far we've come over the past few years - this thread has now made me smile for more reasons than just mocking fundies! :D )

The aquarium line was more of a disposal chewing item. We made new chewy necklaces often. It definitely was not a teething toy replacement.

Ah, so more of a thing for the habitual chewer, the kind of kid who just chews on things as habit? I'm not talking of regular teething toys - I'd never think to replace those! I'm just wondering for kids like BoyKay, who can put a puppy to shame with their chewing habits! ;)

Ah, so more of a thing for the habitual chewer, the kind of kid who just chews on things as habit? I'm not talking of regular teething toys - I'd never think to replace those! I'm just wondering for kids like BoyKay, who can put a puppy to shame with their chewing habits! ;)

My cousin had a need to chew rubber when he was little. He chewed the erasers off pencils and chewed the tires off his trike. My aunt could have used some of that aquarium line. Btw, my cousin grew up to keep fish as a teenager.

Dammit my link to Joshie's Christmas present broke. I'll just have to do this the old fashioned way. Nope, board attachment quota. I'll have to do this the really long way...

Here Joshie! Here's your present.

2zfjvcx.jpg

OMG thats awesome!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yodelling Pickle for the Duggars?

yodelling-yodel-pickle-toy-novelty-retro-gag-gift.png

It looks a little phallic...

Jesus adhesive bandages -

a207916138bbcd1a0033c7_m.JPG

Last but not least, The Jesus version of a magic 8 ball -"Answer me Jesus"

NOVL-0418.jpg

Archived