IGNORED

Gifts That Fundies Would LOVE

MrsKay

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe a cover that says that its the Bible that they can use for covering non fundie approved books so nobody knows theyre reading it?

:lol:

200px-Tipping_the_Velvet_UK_cover.jpg :whistle:

(I see they made it into a movie - crossing my fingers I can find an online version that works for me!)

The last time I watched it was on YouTube. The film is well done and dialog follows the book.

This is supposed to be a religious T-shirt but I can't help but go all teen boy and snortle away at it, thinking very inappropriate things...

religious_gifts_tshirts-r182cccc0a08743f38d0c897308f3f598_f0czr_512.jpg

51MJoGJDr-L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I'm not sure who I'm dedicating this to. There are so many fundy men and women who would benefit from it.

For Whiner Lady

TwrxS.jpg

My favorite so far. That woman is way, WAAAAY too entitled.

i know fundies aren't that big on the cabbage [atch dolls, but maybe this will be a good substitute. i'm thinking this woul dbe good for the maxwell VR kids, since they aren't supposed to have talking animals. i bet if this talked, they would pay attention:

attachment limit has been reached. guess you gotta click:

http://institches.com/art-studio/the-jesus-doll-story/

The Jesus Doll

Created to be a visual reminder of Jesus’ presence with adults and children at all levels of faith, The Jesus Doll™ is a handmade, 25-inch tall plush, incredibly huggable figure for children and adults alike. Since 1996, The Jesus Doll has been welcomed into homes and communities of faith on four continents. It has been used in times of illness and therapy and as a teaching aid, conveying love, compassion and security.

Testimonials:

A 3 year little boy named Christopher, upon first seeing the doll in church school, crawled into a rocking chair, gently lifted the doll onto his lap, and said “Jesus, I gotta’ talk to you!†(This event was an easy first step in helping Christopher understand prayer.)

A Christian counselor who treats child victims of sexual abuse shares that the tangible “presence†of the The Jesus Doll has affected poignant moments of healing for several children in therapy.

In a southeastern Pennsylvania nursing home, The Jesus Doll is passed from resident to resident as they share His presence and love with each other. A woman remarks that she likes to take the doll with her for “walks†observing, “He rides so well in a wheelchair!†Her friend just likes to hold the dolls hand when she is alone.

A 9 year old girl, blinded by a malignant brain tumor and confined to a hospice, feels the closeness, despite her isolation and separation from usual sources of comfort. She strokes the Doll’s hair and hugs him tightly, as the chaplain talks with her about living and dying.

5 year-old Melissa runs outside the front door of her house, calling to a friend across the street, “Guess who’s coming to live at my house?†(Melissa was given The Jesus Doll by her grandmother for her birthday.)

$65 Add to cart

A Note about The Jesus Doll:

The first image of The Jesus Doll came to me in a dream in 1993. Because I recognized that the image of Jesus is a powerful one for both children and adults of faith, creating and producing the doll was both a bold undertaking and a humbling experience. But from the very first doll sold for use in ministry, stories of comfort and growth were shared with me. Since 1993, The Jesus Doll ministry has grown. Many thousands of dolls are now found in churches, schools, retirement homes, hospitals, hospice, mission sites, counseling centers, prisons, and in homes of the faithful. Each Jesus Doll is made by hand in our studio near Cleveland, Ohio, where we carefully monitor its appearance to meet our original artistic design standards. We regularly receive, and continue to be blessed, by notes of thanks from persons who have been comforted and empowered by God’s grace, through the image of this simple doll. May some of the anecdotes on these pages help you identify ways the doll can be useful in your own ministry.â€

~ Brenda Grauer, 2006

51MJoGJDr-L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I'm not sure who I'm dedicating this to. There are so many fundy men and women who would benefit from it.

I'm not a fundy and I totally want this book! Hot guys and baby animals....what's not to love? :P

Jeez-its.... Its Jesus themed Post-Its!

13545_main%20jeez-it%20notes.jpg

:mrgreen:

How about a Dashboard Jesus?

dashboard+jesus+with+hula+girls.jpg

Hmm this one looks a bit too happy with the defrauding Hula girls...

1463853380_860eb3a4e1.jpg

This one looks a bit 'fabulous' to me ;-)

A Christian counselor who treats child victims of sexual abuse shares that the tangible “presence†of the The Jesus Doll has affected poignant moments of healing for several children in therapy

So they could wonder why Jesus stood by watching and did nothing to stop the abuse?

Sorry, that wasn't funny. I don't want to kill anyones's buzz, these are so funny, that is just the first thing that popped into my head. :cry:

I found some fun ones on Amazon, I hope you don't mind!

Grow your own Jesus -

grow+your+own+Jesus.jpg

Place Jesus in a cup of water and watch him grow over 600 percent of his actual size.

'Saving for Jesus' Metal Bank tin -

51EIeIrjGtL._SY300_.jpg

Last Supper after Dinner Mints...

11626__73479.jpg

and last one....

51nTQ5nlhtL.jpg

A JESUS RUBBER DUCK.... :lol:

51nTQ5nlhtL.jpg

A JESUS RUBBER DUCK.... :lol:

You know, I could see fundies being a bit too happy about a Jesus rubber duck. You know, so their kids can have Jesus staring into their souls as they bathe.

Can't forget the plumbing line in bulk!

pipe-plumbing.jpg

Is this what they mean when they say plumbing line? I always pictured plumbing line more like aqauirum pump line.

I once had to buy aqaurium line at the pet store. The owner kept it behind the counter. He asked if I had an aqaurium.

I said "No"

My 1st grader added, "No it is for me . I chew on things I'm not suppose too."

The owener got mad and said "I can't sell this to you then."

I asked for another place I could get some. He refused to answer that question.

I told him the gentle parenting idea that explained why I needed the line.

He relaxed, smiled, and sold it to me. Told me to come back if I needed more.

I bet the owner thought you were beating the kid with it.

I bet anyone who works at a shop that sells plumbing supplies is also incredibly suspicious of anyone wearing a long skirt, with loads of kids, who buys a load of plumbing line.

I bet the owner thought you were beating the kid with it.

I bet anyone who works at a shop that sells plumbing supplies is also incredibly suspicious of anyone wearing a long skirt, with loads of kids, who buys a load of plumbing line.

I thought he thought that too. That is why I didn't not have any problem explaining in detail what I was going to use to for.

I do have long hair, as does my daughter but we wear pants and are not fundies. Wait, my daughter was on a skirt and dress kick in first grade. We probably did give off the vibe that it might have been used for disipline

For those fundies who can't make it to the Creation Museum

darwin-title.jpg&maxx=400&maxy=0

If you have friends who don't believe in Evolution, here's a sure-fire way to prove it to them. Just show your friends the Evolving Darwin Play Set, and they'll finally see the light. We mean, how can anyone argue with the hard, cold facts presented in this set. Thanks to this toy, anyone can see with their own eyes how mankind evolved from slimy fish-man to ape man, to homo-erectus, to homo-sapien

Stupid.com has an entire section on religious "toys" :mrgreen:

Archived