IGNORED

Does Anna T live in Israeli settlements?

YPestis

I remember she mentioned living in Samaria. In recent posts, she noted the newest fighting in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and it occurred to me she may be living in a fairly dangerous area of the country. I read somewhere that Judea and Samaria are considered part of "occupied territories" and where the illegal settlements are located. I am not surprised Anna T support settlement into contested territories, but surprised she decided to live her "peaceful and quiet life" in such a dangerous area. Does anyone know if she is living in one of the illegal settlements? I wonder what daily life is like around there. Transportation and other services can't be convenient, and there's probably some worry about conflicts with their neighbors who may see them as intruders. Things to ponder....

I am concerned for her safety* but they seem ok, as she says, "for now." She hasn't indicated just where they live except that they keep moving further into "the country."

* I'm concerned for all in harm's way, but since I follow her blog, I have a name and face to put to the concern.

If she does...well, there are not words.

I try normally to avoid this topic online (I do deal with it offline, and violent Zionists are violent :( ). But she has lost any sympathy she has from me straight away.

It's like saying "I've nicked lots of stuff, and I might get in trouble for it.". ONOEZ. I'm completely amazed.

I saw a reference in the comments to "Samaria" in 2008, but nothing more specific than that. Sometimes, terms can get confused in translation - the ancient area of Samaria roughly corresponds to the northern part of the West Bank, but it's not an exact match so I don't know if she's in a settlement or not. The area is roughly north of Jerusalem and east of Tel Aviv.

Guest Anonymous

Some of her past posts suggest that they are on disputed land. eg: ccostello.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/field-trip-5-minutes-from-home.html See the comments on that post too.

Her facebook profile, (I'm not her facebook friend, it's what can be seen by everyone), says: Ginot Shomron, Israel It appears to be in Judée-Samarie (in French sorry, I don't know the English name)

Her facebook profile, (I'm not her facebook friend, it's what can be seen by everyone), says: Ginot Shomron, Israel It appears to be in Judée-Samarie (in French sorry, I don't know the English name)

According to Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karnei_Shomron) it is in the West Bank.

I'm no fan of Anna T, I don't define myself as a Zionist and I don't agree with the West Bank settlements, but as a Jew - I have to say that's really unfair to call them 'fucking scum.' I find both sides of the conflict to be completely at fault for the state of where things are. There have been various attempts to live peacefully, but there is no doubt that Israel is surrounded by countries that won't be happy until they're completely pulverized. I can't blame Israelis for how aggressively they need to protect themselves, and I can't say that the Palestinians have been a day at the beach, yo ;)

It's difficult for me to pity Anna T, though, but mostly because she's arrogant, ignorant and a bore. But that's entirely different.

Wait, she has a Facebook account? This is the first time I've heard of this. Can you link, please? :)

Right. Fucking scum, no pity.

I don't agree with the settlements but really? This sounds like you think she deserves to die for living on disputed land.

I don't agree with the settlements but really? This sounds like you think she deserves to die for living on disputed land.

Or for living on stolen land. It's not "disputed", it's FUCKING ILLEGAL.

I tend not to go around wishing people would die, but I'm not boohooing over the fate of a fundie living in an Israeli settlement.

Guest Anonymous

Can I ask how you know her FB account since her name is not on her blog?

Sorry if this sounds handslappy and hypocritical given that I usually enjoy exposing the fundie crazy. But I feel deeply uncomfortable about exposing someone's precise location in this area in the current climate, if she herself has not chosen this. I am not a sympathizer of what Anna stands for, but I don't wish harm on her family.

I'm Jewish and have family in Israel. My cousin just joined the IDF (she had to, I really don't want to talk about it because it makes me stabby. :() I used to be a religious Zionist.

My current view is that anyone living in illegal settlements is giving a big "fuck you" to the Palestinian people and their right to land and self-determination. They are saying that because of their interpretation of an ancient text, they were "promised" this land by their god, and fuck anyone or anything that stands in their way. It is an act of aggression - even an act of war, I would say.

So while I do not wish harm on Anna, her family, or any of the illegal settlers, they have to understand what they are engaging in and what the risks are when they insist on living in these areas despite everything.

Guest Anonymous

From what I have read on the blog, I think Anna knows and actively supports political groups in her area.

I would still appreciate clarification from Muriel as to how Anna's full name and location came to be publically available, though. I don't like to think of her children being potential targets as a result of anything written on FJ alone. If Anna is knowingly putting her family at risk, that is of course out of our hands.

I'm Jewish and have family in Israel. My cousin just joined the IDF (she had to, I really don't want to talk about it because it makes me stabby. :() I used to be a religious Zionist.

My current view is that anyone living in illegal settlements is giving a big "fuck you" to the Palestinian people and their right to land and self-determination. They are saying that because of their interpretation of an ancient text, they were "promised" this land by their god, and fuck anyone or anything that stands in their way. It is an act of aggression - even an act of war, I would say.

So while I do not wish harm on Anna, her family, or any of the illegal settlers, they have to understand what they are engaging in and what the risks are when they insist on living in these areas despite everything.

:clap:

I don't wish her to die, I just wished she moved to a place where it is legal for her to live.

From what I have read on the blog, I think Anna knows and actively supports political groups in her area.

I would still appreciate clarification from Muriel as to how Anna's full name and location came to be publically available, though. I don't like to think of her children being potential targets as a result of anything written on FJ alone. If Anna is knowingly putting her family at risk, that is of course out of our hands.

I don't know her full name. her facebook profile is "Anna T", like her blog. There is nothing private about what I linked :roll:

As I said, I'm not a facebook friend of her, she happens to be friend with several people we have talked about here: Michelle (farm hijabi), Autumn, Dawn...

I don't wish her any harm of course, but SHE chooses to put her location on a PUBLIC facebook account, that's her responsibility not mine !

I'm not Muriel but I can tell you right now it would not be hard at all to find her Facebook information. I'm not going to bother since I have better things to do but she is from Ukraine and lives in Israel. That can be narrowed down quickly. Then search for any Anna Ts who headcover. Especially her children's names look to be uncommon. That would probably give you a positive hit for the last name alone searching for both of those names.

Yeah. The internet, where you can find most things...

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for clarifying, Muriel. :)

I am surprised she has chosen to make that level of info public, given that she was previously so cautious.

Or for living on stolen land. It's not "disputed", it's FUCKING ILLEGAL.

I tend not to go around wishing people would die, but I'm not boohooing over the fate of a fundie living in an Israeli settlement.

A) we still don't even know exactly where she lives

B) nobody deserves the death penalty for stealing

C) She has children who have no choice in where they live.

If she is living illegally, I wish she'd move, not be murdered.

Thanks for clarifying, Muriel. :)

I am surprised she has chosen to make that level of info public, given that she was previously so cautious.

You're welcome :)

There is a difference between murder and justified killing. I don't wish either of these on Anna T, so this is a moot point, but I feel an important one.

However, this is slightly more than stealing, isn't it. It's not like a packet of gum out of a neighbourhood shop.

Asking me to feel pity for a resident of an illegal settlement is an impossible ask. I'm not saying "I actively want her to die" because I don't. I'm just saying, to put it politely, I'm rather more indifferent to her fate now I know that.

Archived