IGNORED

Pat Robertson Excuses Petraeus' Affair

mirele

Per Think Progress:

Right-wing televangelist Pat Robertson absolved former CIA Director David Petraeus of blame in his affair with biographer Paula Broadwell, implying that Broadwell initiated the affair and that Petraeus was powerless to resist. Speaking on The 700 Club, his show, Robertson said Petraeus’ conduct was understandable because “the man’s off in a foreign land and he’s lonely and here’s a good-looking lady throwing herself at him. He’s a man.â€

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/ ... ?mobile=nc

Here's the video:

gnGkfZrXLsw

Yeah, I know we shouldn't pay any attention to Pat Fucking Robertson, but this Blame The Woman because The Man Can't Keep His Dick In His Pants has got to stop. That is all.

ETA: That is not all. You KNOW the people we follow are thinking about this, even if they're smarter than Pat Fucking Robertson to actually say something.

What is this? "She's pretty, really pretty" "Man is lonely, in a foreign land and here's a pretty lady throwing herself at him"? Sounds like Mr Robertson has lust in his heart.

If men are that lacking in self control then they should probably be rounded up, microchipped and tied to a stake in the yard for their own safety.

If men are that lacking in self control then they should probably be rounded up, microchipped and tied to a stake in the yard for their own safety.

:clap: :clap: I say lock them all up and bring them out for entertainment purposes a few times a year.

How can they possibly be allowed to be headships if they have no sense or self-control. These people never listen to themselves. Perhaps we should only allow them out on leashes or with stun collars.

Have I told you ladies that this thread's awesomeness is second only to a nice glass of wine and a cat cuddled next to you? :clap: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Where's the emoticon for a woman sitting with her chin on the laptop, speechless?

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, and for the superb snark thereto.

To think that clown ran for president ...

:text-+1:

Oh, Pat. :roll:

He and I share the same city, I'm almost embarrassed to admit. I wonder if my local news has reported this story yet. The last few times he's said something stupid like this, they've ignored it.

I used to think he was getting senile. But now I don't think so; I think he knows precisely what he's saying and he means every word of it. :?

How can they possibly be allowed to be headships if they have no sense or self-control. These people never listen to themselves. Perhaps we should only allow them out on leashes or with stun collars.

This! All of it!

All of this. Don't forget to neuter them first.

Per Think Progress:

The insurgents in Iraq and the Taliban in Afghanistan must be kicking themselves -- if only they had sent a female spy to distract General Petraeus when he was directing combat.

Mrs. Petraeus has gray hair, wrinkles and body fat, what was her husband supposed to do, love her for her mind? He had little choice but to go elsewhere for some lovin'. Your suggestions for helping men with self control (stun collars, leashes, etc) overlook a key point - it would require controlling men and telling them they can't do something, and that's why God created women! Men tell women what to do, not the other way around. Women can be hidden or forced to dress a certain way to accomodate a man's surging hormones. History has the POV that it's always the woman's fault, and look at how humanity has evolved. Don't start changing time honored traditions of blaming the woman. [ /sarcasm]

Wow. First he says it's okay to divorce a spouse with Alzheimer's, now it's perfectly fine for a man to have an affair because he just can't help himself. Some defender of "traditional marriage" he is!

Wow. First he says it's okay to divorce a spouse with Alzheimer's, now it's perfectly fine for a man to have an affair because he just can't help himself. Some defender of "traditional marriage" he is!

He's not a defender of "traditional marriage." He's a defender of male privilege! And "male privilege" means being able to do what you want if you have a penis.

He's not a defender of "traditional marriage." He's a defender of male privilege! And "male privilege" means being able to do what you want if you have a penis.

I don't think I could highlight that enough. I might add "white, Christian" before the "male," but I don't know enough about this moron to make assumptions about him being a racist, just a guess.

These situations are often used by the extreme fundies to "prove" that if women would just stay out of the marketplace and remain at home barefoot and pregnant, these affairs wouldn't occur. Because men apparently can't control themselves. And yet they are superior to women. Uh-huh. :roll:

And where's Mark Driscoll to opine that if Mrs. Petraeus hadn't "let herself go", it would have never happened? :shock:

This is all we can expect from these intellectual giants.

Have I told you ladies that this thread's awesomeness is second only to a nice glass of wine and a cat cuddled next to you? :clap: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Well, I don't drink(not against alcohol or anything, just my personal choice), but I definitely second the cuddling cat. Except when she's on my chest with her butt in my face. :lol:

And I :text-+1: everything else that's been said. :clap: :clap:

Archived