IGNORED

A Fundie from PCC running as a democrat for TN Senate Seat

treemom

I live in an insane state:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

Some highlights

Jesus did not have a campaign staff. And he had the most successful campaign in human history,†Clayton said recently, when asked if all this adds up to a winning run against incumbent Sen. Bob Corker ®. Jesus “didn’t even have pictures or a Web site.â€

He is unusual in opposing abortion rights and same-sex marriage, but he’s downright exceptional in saying that the Transportation Security Administration “mandates [transsexuals] and homosexuals grabbing children in their stranger-danger zones.â€

“Many Democrats in Tennessee knew nothing about any of the candidates in the race, so they voted for the person at the top of the ticket,†the party said in a statement the next day. Because of his ties to Public Advocate of the United States, the statement said, “the Tennessee Democratic Party disavows his candidacy [and] will not do anything to promote or support him in any way.â€

“If there are people who don’t believe that there’s a campaign here, then guess what? They can come to Tennessee, if they’re a voter, and they can see Mark E. Clayton, and next to Mark E. Clayton there’s going to be a ‘D,’ †he said on the phone. “Like it or not, Mark Clayton is the Democratic nominee in Tennessee.â€

I live in an insane state:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

Some highlights

RE: the bolded quote...

Okay, I even read the article trying to understand the statement... and I don't. What the hell is this man talking about? Does he think the gov't pays trans and gay individuals to steal children in specific zones to create a public panic in that area? I'm really not understanding what the hell he means..... Any insight?

I feel for the voters of this district. It's like watching a football game where you dislike both teams so much, all you can do is hope for career ending injuries.

He's saying that TSA hires said ebil non heterosexual people with the intent that they will molest children with the full support of the law. Stranger Danger is the catch phrase meant to teach children to be careful about interacting with strangers, or allowing people to touch children sexually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_danger

Yeah I knew what stranger danger was... I guess I just never put it with touching the "secret" places. Stranger Danger as I taught it to my kiddos in the class was more don't talk to strangers, don't go anywhere with people you don't know...

So basically saying that all gay and trans people work for the TSA so they can do the "extra" patdown on children? He's insane.

Help a Canadian out. Can anyone run for any party? How did this guy become a Democrat, and why arent the Democrats sending a real candidate if they dont support him? In Canada, you can't just say you are running as part of a party- the party has to select you as the candidate for that area. Is that not the case in the US?

I was fortunate that I caught this when I was exploring the candidates after my recent move to the area. This is one of the times where I really hope that the Republicans win, because this guy is a tool. That being said, I voted for the Green candidate. Seemed like the lesser of all the evils.

Help a Canadian out. Can anyone run for any party? How did this guy become a Democrat, and why arent the Democrats sending a real candidate if they dont support him? In Canada, you can't just say you are running as part of a party- the party has to select you as the candidate for that area. Is that not the case in the US?

OT, but I love your location about being in the womb, since it the only place where life is sacred. :)

The article explains it.

this is soooooooooooo weird....guess i will be voting for bob corker then....that's the only other choice... :?

While Corker isn't my favorite, he was a billion times better than this guy. There are A LOT of of third party candidates though.

He won the primary, so he's the official Democratic nominee. He won because his name was first on the ballot (alphabetical) and no one else advertised either.

I have lived in Tennessee all my life and am disappointed we are primarily red state even after the Dubya years. Heck they wouldn't vote for a fellow Tennessean. Al Gore. It was Republicans across the board for Tennessee this evening except that one guy you mention.

Just woke up to see the election returns after a trying day. I am finally able to exhale after having chest pains for nearly five days.

There is an evil, evil part of me who is loving this because it is a big FUCK YOU to my home state for voting against her own best interests.

When will y'all learn?

Jesus actually did have a campaign staff, and Paul was his official media spokesman. He died before he could be elected, but his staff did not give up and eventually he won a seat in Rome. Sure, he didn't have a website, but neither did most political candidates until the last, oh, 15? years. Most of the effort to get Jesus elected was on the grassroots level, and ultimately it was the greatly succesful get-out-the-vote drive that got him in. Also, he had great PR. He presented himself as a humble carpenter who became a revolutionary, and got crucified. Voters like that kind if thing.

Archived