IGNORED

Break her little kneecaps and be done with it!

Burris

Over at Renewing Housewives, Jennifer is rejoicing over the fact she plans to totally hobble her girl child once it is born in a few days.

She wrote this post, Woe to Them that Call Good Evil, in an obvious attempt to make people angry; to take a stand at the expense of a child not yet born: Her girl will be weak and facile, just as God intended. 'So there!'

Being 3 days past my due date, I know the time is near to meet our precious new daughter. Yes, a girl! And with confidence I will be able to look into her face and know the path the LORD has laid out for her.

What Jennifer really means, here, is that she herself has made plans for her daughter; plans that are every bit as dumb as her attempt to bait people – and of course I took the bait; this is FJ – into helping her pass the time with a greater sense of self-righteousness.

She won't be a leader in any public realm. She won't have authority over men. Her path will prayerfully be one of preciousness in the sight of the LORD, specifically that of a gentle and quiet spirit.

Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Nancy Campbell - both fellow-travellers to Jennifer, there - are leaders in the public realm. In fact, she likely got a lot of this nonsense from them.

Have they done evil in her eyes?

Jennifer continues...

She won't make the rules when she has a family of her own someday. She will follow those of her husband. She also won't be a "doormat," but a virtuous, mighty woman that fears the LORD.

Marry her to a brute, Mrs. Perfect, and the little girl you raise will indeed not be a doormat, but rather a punching bag - one fed the lie she can never leave a bad situation; one with no marketable skills thanks to her "good" mother.

But despite the fact Jennifer is overtly helping to create a scenario where her daughter is plucked by some smooth-talking con-artist, she blithely prattles on about how those who don't understand God - or worse, hate God - will refer to even the smallest part of Jennifer's plan for her daughter as evil.

From the sainted Noah Webster's 1828 version of the dictionary, here is 'evil':

evil

E'VIL, a. e'vl. [Heb. to be unjust or injurious, to defraud.]

1. Having bad qualities of a natural kind; mischievous; having qualities which tend to injury, or to produce mischief.

Some evil beast hath devoured him. Gen.37.

2. Having bad qualities of a moral kind; wicked; corrupt; perverse; wrong; as evil thoughts; evil deeds; evil speaking; an evil generation.

3. Unfortunate; unhappy; producing sorrow, distress, injury or calamity; as evil tidings; evil arrows; evil days.

(I have bolded certain parts for emphasis.)

So yes, I have the temerity to say it: Some of Jennifer's plans for her daughter, which she has picked up not merely from reading Scripture (which includes the stories of Deborah the Judge, Ruth, Esther, and the Proverbs 31 woman) but also – and perhaps mainly - from the speeches and writings of corrupt men. (These men are less concerned with restoring a purer form of Christian ideology than they are with lining their pockets and with playing dress-up during sweaty, manly vacations.)

Jennifer continues...

Some may read this and rage inside that I could even utter such words. How dare I put this burden on a child? How dare I put her into such bondage. To them I say:

And to Jennifer, I ask, how dare you use an unrelated verse to justify so grossly limiting your daughter's options merely because you – and I'm just guessing now, based solely on what you've written and on the non-dreams you have for your daughter - are perhaps suffering some kind of Penitent Harlot Syndrome? In other words, you made bad decisions in your youth, and so you've now set out to ensure your daughter never makes decisions at all.

If that doesn't fit the definition of evil, then at least it fits the definition of stupid.

Jennifer then writes, without a trace of irony, that...

Good is one woman created for one man. Good is woman being created for man. Good is a husband that finds a wife (Proverbs 18:22). Sweet is an excellent wife that is a crown of her husband (Proverbs 12:4)

I find it amusing how Jennifer manages to avoid that elephant in the room - Proverbs 31. This is where we find 10 verses related to how the virtuous woman - one of only two in the whole Bible - is trusted by her husband to rule his household, including the servants, while he sits among the elders.

Her efforts – among them, buying real estate and ensuring it is planted – are directed towards bringing her husband greater gain. She sets out to help the needy as well, showing chesed to those in need and improving her husband's reputation for generosity.

Her intelligence and ability are good for her husband and reflect well on his stature.

I guess Jennifer won't be expecting much of her daughter's husband. It sounds as if she is preparing her daughter not as helpmate for a man of stature but rather as doormat to some self-proclaimed 'pastor' who, when he isn't raging at the fags, just wants another beer while he watches the game. (Just another educated guess.)

My own sincere prayer is that God will rescue Jennifer's poor daughter from such a nightmare and set her, at least, in a happy place with a good man who respects her abilities.

I...don't have the words. WHAT

I do, however, know how to kneecap someone. (never done it and never will, but it's not much of a logistical problem). That mum is doing the same to her little daughter. Except mentally, not physically.

That poor hobbled child. I felt sick reading this.

She might as well just shove the poor kid in a cage as soon as she is born and leave her there for life.

You cant choose how a childs life will turn out before they are born, because you dont know what personalities they might have. As much as fundies would like to think this isnt the case, but children have personalities that are each suited for different roles in life (and not just boy/girl).

If she wanted to pick what her child should be like, she should have just started playing Sims and made the perfect children for herself there, or just bought a doll to play with.

WTF is wrong with this woman? She takes a smug satisfaction kneecapping her daughter. That is really really disturbing...and the kid isn't even born yet.

My hope for her daughter is to run as soon as she can. I also hope there may be some non fundie relatives (or even fundie lites) who will be allowed to be a part of her life, so she has some outside influence.

OMFG! What a smug evil bitch! Here's hoping that little girl breaks away from that craziness.

This just makes my heart sad. I really wish we could take all the young children and give them a good loving home, so they don't grow up to be broken women, but strong confident women who know they can be and do anything they want. But I know I'm preaching to the choir.

WTF? That poor child. As soon as she succeeds at birth, her life is done and she will never be special or important or relevant again. Her life's worth will be accomplished within minutes of her first breath.

What a despicable way to raise a child.

I could hope she'd end up with a daughter like mine but I'm afraid the child would end up abused in that household. My daughter, at the age of 3, told me I should have turned left instead of going right. "Really Em, how do you know?" She knew, she was right, she cannot get lost, she became a cartographer and surveyor. She's the head of a county surveyor's office, she's the boss of men. At 10 she was expelled from a shooting game at the county fair because she hit the bulls eye every single time and the 20 y.o. guys trying to win stuffed animals for their girlfriends got mad. She gets the first deer in her hunting group every year. No one walks over her.

It hurts my heart that this vile woman can have kids, and my aunt and uncle, who are amazing, are struggling to get pregnant.

It's not fair.

I could hope she'd end up with a daughter like mine but I'm afraid the child would end up abused in that household. My daughter, at the age of 3, told me I should have turned left instead of going right. "Really Em, how do you know?" She knew, she was right, she cannot get lost, she became a cartographer and surveyor. She's the head of a county surveyor's office, she's the boss of men. At 10 she was expelled from a shooting game at the county fair because she hit the bulls eye every single time and the 20 y.o. guys trying to win stuffed animals for their girlfriends got mad. She gets the first deer in her hunting group every year. No one walks over her.

Your kid is a total badass!

Your kid is a total badass!

She is. :lol: Need any kneecaps broken? She could do it.

I love to read about "take no shit" girls and the parents who love them! :)

That fundie blogger mom makes me sad. I hope there's someone in that girl's life to give a sense of her own worth.

She is. :lol: Need any kneecaps broken? She could do it.

Love your daughter. Can I add my husband to that? He was a fantastic stay-at-home dad while I worked. Imagine how this mum would feel about any future sons being sah dads, supported by their wives! Lol.

I love to read about "take no shit" girls and the parents who love them! :)

That fundie blogger mom makes me sad. I hope there's someone in that girl's life to give a sense of her own worth.

That would be my daughter. ROFL! To anyone who ever tries to make the child meek and quiet I say "Good luck" because that is just not her. She is loud and crazy and funny and I adore her just the way she is.

It kinda irks me the way the woman is talking. Because what IF that girl comes out with a bigger personality? Is she going to force her to be more quiet, meek, and mild? That's not fair! And if God made her have that brighter personality I think it's like saying "Well, God is wrong!" KWIM? Not right. :snooty:

(But seriously.. I hate when people say what a woman HAS to be. Because we don't HAVE to be anything just like a man does not HAVE to be anything. Our personalities are all different and that is part of what makes us great!)

Your daughter is stinkin AWESOME! :) :dance:

Archived