IGNORED

A deafening silence from the usual suspects about Sandy

meda

Guest Anonymous
Saw this on someone's (fundie-lite) FB status:

:x :x :x

How does your theology allow you to believe that your god caused millions of dollars of damages, over 100 LIVES, and untold destruction, etc., so YOU could CATCH up on school?!?!?!?!?

I'm begging for a link.

Guest Anonymous
Well, maybe some fundies learned not to yabber about natural disasters as God's punishment for allowing gays to marry, women to have abortions and Muslims to exist.

Maybe their god mistook part of the US for Canada.

Bolded for important truth. Though really the whole post should be bolded for that.

No dialogue, no compromise, no platform.

ETA-No one up here needs there useless prayers. I know how to pray and so do most people around here. We pray in the dark, in the gas lines, locked in our bedrooms so we don't lose it on our stir crazy kids, in the cold and while we look to salvage personal belongings in a flood. People up here need the utility poles fixed, the oldsters who depend on electricity kept alive, replacements for all the clothes and blankets they have lost, a warm safe place to stay and a hot meal. Since none of that, you know....work.....is within VFs scope, we prayerfully request they continue to STFU.

Meda,

They can keep Peter Bradrick and Doug Phillips is a Tool. What is all the pathetic chivalry of the boys of VF next to Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, and Billy Joel? :mrgreen: The southern wingnuts on the VF diet will never come close to producing men like that, no matter how many "Sirs" and fair maidens they have. As usual the true Christians are all about taking, and never about giving, especially to the filthy and Godless up here.

JFC,

Quite right. No dialogue, np compromise, no platform with these people. They are roaches in need of a hard heel, nothing more.

So how does this gut government spending in favour of private charity thing work again? You'd think fundies would be rushing to be a shining example of how private charity is the right and only way to deal with disasters.

At least pass out some bibles or something. You can never have too many bibles in an area that's probably running low on essentials like loo roll.

Yeah. I even saved it the tornado pic she used to illustrate her good luck. From May 23, 2011

5752415352_65d6a18c72_o.jpg

Here's what I put for the caption.

That woman disgust me! I lost a good friend on April 27, 2011. I still have nightmares about that day for which I am still receiving therapy. So, fuck you, Kelly Crawford. Go to hell you smug bitch!

Saw this on someone's (fundie-lite) FB status:

:x :x :x

How does your theology allow you to believe that your god caused millions of dollars of damages, over 100 LIVES, and untold destruction, etc., so YOU could CATCH up on school?!?!?!?!?

Fuck that person, fuck her, fuck her, fuck her !!!!!! My aunt and cousins had fucking fish swimming in their living room. The basement was full of water. One of my oldest friends has been at Red Cross headquarters trying to help since last Sunday. A family friend (paramedic) waded through chest deep water to bring someone who hadn't evacuated needed oxygen. I cried in terror last Sunday because of the winds when my son lives in a high rise building in the Bronx. (he is fine). I cannot count the people I know without power, without heat, including my 75 year old mom (she's ok, staying near the pellet stove !). My godmother lives in,Breezy Point and I don't know if hers was one of the houses that burned. I'm here in SC safe and sound and I am traumatized by this storm. Fuck anyone whose "god" sent Sandy. Sorry for the rant, y'all.

Closest thing I've seen

My heart really goes out to those who are suffering due to this horrible storm. We have had some mild weather due to Sandy, but nothing like NJ and NY and other states. A tree went through my Nana and Pa's house, through a window...and today the wind almost blew the steeple right off the church that my brother in law pastors. They ended up getting a crew together to take the steeple off the church building before it ended up crashing to the ground.

From this blog- http://pelkeyphotos.blogspot.com/

about half way down the page- Tuesday, October 30.

That is an incredibly selfish thought, these people must be really big headed to think they are so special that God would kill people and destroy their homes just so she wouldnt have to go to school and could catch up on work she should have done already.

I'm still waiting for Bradrick and his manly men to make the news for all their awesome work and help for the victims.

I am not, however, holding my breath.

No dialogue, no compromise, no platform.

ETA-No one up here needs there useless prayers. I know how to pray and so do most people around here. We pray in the dark, in the gas lines, locked in our bedrooms so we don't lose it on our stir crazy kids, in the cold and while we look to salvage personal belongings in a flood. People up here need the utility poles fixed, the oldsters who depend on electricity kept alive, replacements for all the clothes and blankets they have lost, a warm safe place to stay and a hot meal. Since none of that, you know....work.....is within VFs scope, we prayerfully request they continue to STFU.

Meda,

They can keep Peter Bradrick and Doug Phillips is a Tool. What is all the pi,athetic chivalry of the boys of VF next to Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, and Billy Joel? :mrgreen: The southern wingnuts on the VF diet will never come close to producing men like that, no matter how many "Sirs" and fair maidens they have. As usual the true Christians are all about taking, and never about giving, especially to the filthy and Godless up here.

Aretejo, i dont know how to private message you, but i am not too far away (new hampshire) and my brother and his wife live on long island (i think they got power back friday or saturday). Anyway if there is anything i can do or anything i can bring you i amcoming down there wednesday night. And if you or anyone you know needs a place to stay and they dont have to stay in that area we have two extra bedrooms in our house and we would be happy to share them.

We northeners are very stoic. I think we are just used to sucking it up and getting on with things. It was the same last year when Irene went through Vt. It defies imagination to know what Vt looked like after Irene, but barely a whiney peep was ever heard. About 90% of her roads were effected, but they just dealt with it. And the feds are still jerking the state around about fema money. So the state rebuilt on their own.

Same with the ice storm a couple of years ago. Power was out for 2 weeks inthe winter. Oh well, that's life in the northeast. Deal with it. And no whining to PSNH or you will get a smackdown.

Anyway the fundies would just get in the way and be too slow, but ibet the real reasonthey are not rejoicing is because chris christie would leave their group of right wingers in a second. The righties flipped out enough when christie dared to praise Obama.

But again to those of you who got a direct hit, please let me know if there is anything i can bring down with me or anything i can do. And again, my door is open.

ETA: Sorry about the screwiness of this post, but the nook sucks as a writing machine.

Quite right. No dialogue, np compromise, no platform with these people. They are roaches in need of a hard heel, nothing more.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that offer dpndetfarm! :) As I am the only one in the family with electricity, I have turned my place into a shower and feed station. Oldster #1 was deposited at my door this morning under extreme protest, but she doesn't have electricity, hot water, or the ability to cook, and we had had enough of that worry. Oldster #2 is in my cousin's custody. Another bad scene, but at least now we don't have to worry that they will freeze or starve.

A friend of mine is deeply grateful to the utility crews from the state of Indiana who got her power up yesterday. They are the mid West though, and like the Northeast, believe in rolling up their sleeves. I know New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont have crews here helping our crews restore power, and we are all grateful.

For anyone who can donate even 5 dollars to the Red Cross, or whose firestations may be collecting toilettries, blankets, or clothes, we are humbled by any little bit anyone can give. There is a lot of destruction here, and a lot of people from all over the US are throwing open their homes and resources to share. We salute you all.

When we make our weekly donations at my church, half goes to the upkeep of the church and the other half goes to a local charity. But today, the half that would go to the upkeep of the church went to the Red Cross to aid Hurricane Sandy victims.

Archived