IGNORED

A deafening silence from the usual suspects about Sandy

meda

So in making the rounds of the heavy hitters, no one has mentioned the hurricane, requested prayer, solicited donations, nothing. Doug (is a tool) Phillips is silent, Scott Brown, Doug Wilson, BRADRICK!....all the blogs are silent. Even the ladies are posting their usual drivel, except of course Jenny and her wrath of God posts. A stark contrast to the handwringing and gnashing of teeth exhibited by these folk after the tornadoes swept through the south.

I think this is really telling...anyone who thought for a second that there is a possibility of dialogue or compromise with these people should take note. Everyone should help when it is their tragedy, because they are special and godly. When tragedy hits the godless Northeast and there is a chance to repay the favor, well I guess we can all freeze in the dark. We don't even get a bless your heart. Pharisees.

In the meantime a bunch of rock and rollers are singing songs that will make your heart bleed and raising millions for the Red Cross.

Fuck you Bradrick and Doug Phillips is a tool.

Isn't this the whole purpose of Bradrick? Doug Phillips is a tool, and I expected better, even from him.

ETA I'm a Purity Baller! I feel so honoured.

Saw this on someone's (fundie-lite) FB status:

God knew I was tired andsooo behind in my school work so he brought Sandy. Im loving being able to stay home and read these chapters.

:x :x :x

How does your theology allow you to believe that your god caused millions of dollars of damages, over 100 LIVES, and untold destruction, etc., so YOU could CATCH up on school?!?!?!?!?

Saw this on someone's (fundie-lite) FB status:

:x :x :x

How does your theology allow you to believe that your god caused millions of dollars of damages, over 100 LIVES, and untold destruction, etc., so YOU could CATCH up on school?!?!?!?!?

:o What an ass.

Well, maybe some fundies learned not to yabber about natural disasters as God's punishment for allowing gays to marry, women to have abortions and Muslims to exist. It seems like past calamities always saw someone trying to justify it with God's wrath. I, for one, am happy we do not hear fundies yammering on about it. The fact Sandy hit the secular states of NJ and NY only makes it more tempting for fundies to say it's divine justify for fornicating or whatever. I really don't care to hear that again.

So in making the rounds of the heavy hitters, no one has mentioned the hurricane, requested prayer, solicited donations, nothing. Doug (is a tool) Phillips is silent, Scott Brown, Doug Wilson, BRADRICK!....all the blogs are silent. Even the ladies are posting their usual drivel, except of course Jenny and her wrath of God posts. A stark contrast to the handwringing and gnashing of teeth exhibited by these folk after the tornadoes swept through the south.

I think this is really telling...anyone who thought for a second that there is a possibility of dialogue or compromise with these people should take note. Everyone should help when it is their tragedy, because they are special and godly. When tragedy hits the godless Northeast and there is a chance to repay the favor, well I guess we can all freeze in the dark. We don't even get a bless your heart. Pharisees.

Bolded for important truth. Though really the whole post should be bolded for that.

No dialogue, no compromise, no platform.

Well, maybe some fundies learned not to yabber about natural disasters as God's punishment for allowing gays to marry, women to have abortions and Muslims to exist. It seems like past calamities always saw someone trying to justify it with God's wrath. I, for one, am happy we do not hear fundies yammering on about it. The fact Sandy hit the secular states of NJ and NY only makes it more tempting for fundies to say it's divine justify for fornicating or whatever. I really don't care to hear that again.

I'm shocked that they didn't come out on full blast, since the area most affected was about as blue as blue gets.

But maybe Mittens (or Mittens' minions) shut down the religious nutbags until next Wednesday. To shut down fuckwits who won't even be voting for the guy, the SuperPacs must have paid a pretty penny of hush $$$.

Even Smuggar has been quiet. He's just jabbering about abortion, the last time I checked his Twats earlier this evening. Then again, he's too busy about what happens before you can even consider whether an abortion is for you...good ole "legitimate rape."

I just hope most of these nutjob bloggers and the Dougites stay the fuck home on Tuesday.

Lauren over at Sparkling Adventures comes at it from the left and muses about wether Sandy or the US election are the bigger tragedy. Then her followers get on to say that it's judgement on our shallow, selfish, isolated from nature, capitalist society.....

Lauren over at Sparkling Adventures comes at it from the left and muses about wether Sandy or the US election are the bigger tragedy. Then her followers get on to say that it's judgement on our shallow, selfish, isolated from nature, capitalist society.....

That's interesting that you see her as left. To me, she just seemed to come from a judgmental ,religious, somewhat rightish place and has evolved into a being of pure selfishness. She doesn't like schools, social services (does not admit where her cash comes from), or poor people unless they are "rainbow", so I'm not seeing the leftist here. Irresponsible hippy does not alway translate into bleeding heart liberal.

It is also possible that she is and I just find her so repellent that I cant bare the thought of her on my side of the political spectrum.

I've been wondering about Bradrick. Isn't this his JOB?!?! Helping the wimmin and baybees in a natural disaster? Why aren't he and his troops out there being manly?

There are a small minority of southerners who still really dislike the northeast. I grew up hearing that 'yankees' were loud, obnoxious people. This view is not common among southerners. I just grew up in a redneck, bubba type family. :oops:

Recently, on Huffington post, a commentor used the word Yankee toward me as an insult. I had written that although I was a southerner, I was disgusted by the confederate flag. The man's post was serious. :shock: I told him that because the north won the war, he was a yankee so get over it.

When other tragedies occur, even those in other countries like Haiti and Japan, most of the bigger blogs will say something. Even if they suggest it was the victims fault, they will make a comment. The fact that they don't about the northeast-especially New York-actually shows a very high level of contempt and dislike. Doug Philips would probably like to believe that New York and the rest of the northeast just doesn't exist.

Guest Anonymous
I've been wondering about Bradrick. Isn't this his JOB?!?! Helping the wimmin and baybees in a natural disaster? Why aren't he and his troops out there being manly?

Because he's better at posturing than actually DOING something. Besides, there's always the danger that the people he helps will turn out to be gay/female/Muslim/atheist/pagan/Black/Latino or any combination of the foregoing. He can't have that, can he?

Because he's better at posturing than actually DOING something. Besides, there's always the danger that the people he helps will turn out to be gay/female/Muslim/atheist/pagan/Black/Latino or any combination of the foregoing. He can't have that, can he?

But think of the opprtunities for soul-winning. ;) And hanging out with other, sweaty men.

Guest Anonymous

But think of the opprtunities for soul-winning. ;) And hanging out with other, sweaty men.

I'd love to see him try soul-winning in Breezy Point or on Staten Island. There are 90-year-olds in both places that would be elbowing each other out of the way for a chance to knock him and his manly menz on their asses.

A stark contrast to the handwringing and gnashing of teeth exhibited by these folk after the tornadoes swept through the south.

THIS makes me SO angry! My house was hit by a freak tornado that came through Alabama in January. We didn't lose our house, but were living like refugees for over a month AND I was very pregnant- not pleasant, but through homeowners insurance and donations we made it ok. My first thought after seeing the devastation left by Sandy was, "what do we have left from the donations we received that we can send up north?" and "what were the things people donated that I appreciated most?". I can't understand how anyone who has experienced a disaster can ignore people going through something so similar.Maybe its still fresh for me, but I cant imagine ever forgetting how helpless and hopeless things felt. The kind of people mentioned in the OP have really affected my faith in everything. Such complete and total hypocrisy- all talk and no walk and/or they hate everybody who isn't just like them!

I just sent this to Steve Maxwell under the Joseph's house fixing update.

"Is your lovely family going to use any of its amazing building talents to help rebuild NY, NJ, and Conn? It would be such a blessing to the victims of the terrible hurricane. There is much need up here for food, clothing, and housing."

I thought their talents could be useful to the great people of the Northeast. I don't remember them coming to Upstate NY last year when my area was flooded with thousands homeless, so I don't think they'll come this time. I just wanted to make them aware that even though they had great weather to do things in KS, not everyone was so lucky.

Other than the Stinking Lousewife I haven't noticed too many fundie posts on Hurrican Sandy. I thought at least Zuzu might blame the gays, feminists and their abortion parties, and the non-Christians for Hurricane Sandy because that's how she rolls.

Nothing from Kelly @ GC either, when she obviously knows full well what it's like to lose your home and everything in it to natural disaster. Plus she should be aware of what her readership could accomplish if they were properly motivated, but I guess they're not interested this time. She's probably just waiting in the wings with a satellite image of Sandy that looks like a peace sign...it's a blessing in disguise, ya'll!

Nothing from Kelly @ GC either, when she obviously knows full well what it's like to lose your home and everything in it to natural disaster. Plus she should be aware of what her readership could accomplish if they were properly motivated, but I guess they're not interested this time. She's probably just waiting in the wings with a satellite image of Sandy that looks like a peace sign...it's a blessing in disguise, ya'll!

I remember when Japan had its earthquake and tsunami Kelly exploited the tragedy to promote her latest pregnancy. What a classless twit.

And nope, no offer of prayers or donations to the victims of Hurrican Sandy. In other words, typical Kelly-"I got mine; fuck the rest of you."

Is Kelly @ Generation Cedar the one whose house was destroyed by a tornado and she thanked God for it because she got a new house?

Is Kelly @ Generation Cedar the one whose house was destroyed by a tornado and she thanked God for it because she got a new house?

Yeah. I even saved it the tornado pic she used to illustrate her good luck. From May 23, 2011

5752415352_65d6a18c72_o.jpg

Here's what I put for the caption.

Heart_101

K.e.l.l.y C.r.a.w.f.o.r.d.'s heart tornado from G.e.n.e.r.a.t.i.o.n C.e.d.a.r. C&Ped in case K.e.l.l.y decides to deep-six it.

Archived