IGNORED

Boyfriend Bears for Purity?!

fundiefun

Didn't Gothard get all ruffled up over Cabbage Patch dolls? Wonder what he'd say about Boyfriend Bears.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good crimminy these people are the biggest perverts. Here's a "purity" ring to wear so you will be reminded think about sex everywhere you go and here's a "purity" bear so you will be reminded to think about sex when you're alone in your room and here is the "purity" pledge with your parents so you'll be reminded to think about sex when you're around your Dad and now there is the "purity" talk at church so you'll be reminded to think about sex there too.

All they ever do is look at young girls and think SEX and SHE"S THINKING ABOUT SEX all day long. It's kind of scary, really.

But the poor girls' hearts!!! They might end up giving away pieces of them to the bear, instead of saving it for their future husband. :lol:

I stole borrowed your comment and posted it with my troll account on facebook. I got the following reply: [attachment=0]Skärmklipp 2.PNG[/attachment]

(Since I'm an awful procrastinator I spend more time here than usual.)

Anyone famliar with Avenue Q? The Bad Idea Bears would have a lot of fun with Boyfriend Bear.

I was just thinking that! I think the fundy girls would probably benefit more from Bad Idea Bears than Boyfriend Bear, too...

purity_zps3d94219d.jpg

I do solemnly swear to remain pure for so long as this purple crayon writes.

If "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength", why can I not decline a purity bear and have lots of fun premarital sexual fun through Christ who gives me strength?

thoughtful

i think i have just given away a piece of my spleen

from laughing so hard.....

I am glad I made you laugh, but you should be saving your precious spleen for The Intended that God will choose for you! :naughty:

But in this skit, the bear is BLACK! Not pure white. And it's the BOY's bear, not the girl's.

So... virgin girls are white (pure), virgin boys are black (evil)? I'm getting confused. :-? :-?

That's because you're trying to use logic. Stop that, and it'll all make sense. :mrgreen:

Creeeeepy. Either these bears are actually aimed at little girls, which is weird because how is it ok to emotionally manipulate little girls into taking a pledge they don't even understand? Or it's aimed at young women who actually understand the implications abstaining until marriage, which is still weird because you're selling teddy bears to young women an expecting them to pretend they're their boyfriends.

I'm dying to get a Boyfriend Bear (second hand, of course), name it Hyman (thanks, thoughtful) and keep my condoms and birth control in its pocket. It can sit on the nightstand and watch while my boyfriend and I do the deed. Ooh, and I wanna pull out some of its stuffing and keep my vibrator in it! I'm sitting here laughing at the thought of defiling a purity bear...I'm not sure what that says about me.

Creeeeepy. Either these bears are actually aimed at little girls, which is weird because how is it ok to emotionally manipulate little girls into taking a pledge they don't even understand? Or it's aimed at young women who actually understand the implications abstaining until marriage, which is still weird because you're selling teddy bears to young women an expecting them to pretend they're their boyfriends.

I'm dying to get a Boyfriend Bear (second hand, of course), name it Hyman (thanks, thoughtful) and keep my condoms and birth control in its pocket. It can sit on the nightstand and watch while my boyfriend and I do the deed. Ooh, and I wanna pull out some of its stuffing and keep my vibrator in it! I'm sitting here laughing at the thought of defiling a purity bear...I'm not sure what that says about me.

I think it says you have a healthy sense of humor!

Start looking for Purity Bears in the thrift stores.

I think it says you have a healthy sense of humor!

Start looking for Purity Bears in the thrift stores.

I'll be looking for a long time around these parts... Maybe ebay when I get a credit card.

They look just like a regular bear. I think you could modify your own bear. You could start your own non-profit selling the knock-offs "Mostly pure"....LOL

So where are the girlfriend bears to teach little fundy boys not to masturbate and save themselves for their future wives?

bq6m1.jpg

Artemis was worshipped as a major goddess throughout mainland Greece. She was regarded as the Fleet Young Huntress and the Protector of Animals who roamed in the woods, mountains, and other undeveloped wilderness lands.

One of the most famous festivals took place in Brauron, located in the eastern areas of Attica and Athens. In this cult she appears as a She-Bear who protects her cubs. When young Athenian girls reached puberty they were dedicated to the goddess as young bears, called the “avktoi.†They dressed in bearskins and did bear dances in her temple. Goats were ritually slaughtered during these ceremonies to show young girls the dark side of the mother and her blood mysteries of death, sacrifice, and renewal.

When young girls wanted to marry, they were asked to lay their personal belongings of their virginity on an altar to Artemis. They were such things as toys, dolls, and locks of hair. This represented their transition from childhood to adulthood closing the door of the domain of the virgin goddess forever.

:D

So where are the girlfriend bears to teach little fundy boys not to masturbate and save themselves for their future wives?

they did not survive the daily washings needed.

I wonder how much they really understand since they have to be kept pure.

The herpes one is really cute.

As for the bears, I like stuffed animals. I'm sitting next to two of them right now, and there are two more on the floor. And I am well, WELL past my teen years. But even I think this idea is weird and creepy--and the letter idea, dear God! My husband and I are best friends and do all manner of stupid, embarrassing things in front of each other, but the idea of showing him some overwrought letter my lame ass wrote in 1993 while listening to Bryan Adams and indulging in my daily cry-fest is just beyond the pale.

I say we buy a bunch of herpes, make sure they say nothing of what they really are on the plush anywhere, and send them to fundie girls as gifts for their purity. "Little rays of sunshine smile down on you as a sign of Gods love and approval of your virginity".

Archived