IGNORED

Boyfriend Bears for Purity?!

fundiefun

I would like to congratulate the genius that came up with this gold mine. Take a white stuffed teddy, sew a pocket on it and market it to Christian families saying it is a purity bear. Why don't I think up of stuff like this?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stole borrowed your comment and posted it with my troll account on facebook. I got the following reply: [attachment=0]Skärmklipp 2.PNG[/attachment]

(Since I'm an awful procrastinator I spend more time here than usual.)

Oooh, so they're a visual reminder? Do they need courtship rulers for their bears, or...?

Guest Anonymous
I would like to congratulate the genius that came up with this gold mine. Take a white stuffed teddy, sew a pocket on it and market it to Christian families saying it is a purity bear. Why don't I think up of stuff like this?

Maybe 'cause you're not a huckster?

I am very pro-teddy bears but this is a bit weird. Not only is purity nonsense, but it seems a lot of people are keen on making money from the stupidity of a few.

The photo of the girls each holding a bear on the facebook page was definitely very odd.

I want to know what the IMpurity bear looks like :twisted:

Also wondering if purity bear is related to Pedo Bear...

41813_122059331182465_2648_q.jpg

I just about spit coffee from laughing so hard all over my keyboard at Buzzard and thoughtful's fantastic snark on this!

When I saw the website, I thought at first it had to be some sort of parody or joke. Then I remembered the notable fundie/fundie-light lack of sense of humor and irony. Really, before starting these sorts of projects, they need to find some of their dirtier-minded acquaintances and relatives and run the idea by them...

I WANT THESE!!!111!!!!

My sister got me the bookworm one for Christmas a few years ago. As well as the syphilis one for a mate, who can now proudly say "She gave me syphilis."

I WANT THESE!!!111!!!!

I got a couple of giant microbes from Mr. Burps when we first started dating (but mine are plague and ebola, not STDs). I shoved the plague through ebola's little loop and made a supervirus: plaguebola. :D He lives on my book shelf on top of the Merck Manual and the DSM--and next to "The Hot Zone"--just because.

thoughtful, you have just given me the best idea for a pregnancy announcement for my husband (not yet!). I am so ordering one and hiding it away once we start trying! Beats the pants off of an egg on the floor.

thoughtful, you have just given me the best idea for a pregnancy announcement for my husband (not yet!). I am so ordering one and hiding it away once we start trying! Beats the pants off of an egg on the floor.

Aw -- that's great! Will you choose one of the romantic panoramas?

I just sent the link to the doctors, veterinarians, scientists and nurses among my friends and family. I would love to walk into an office and see one of those perched above the receptionist's desk or among the plastic anatomical models.

I just sent the link to the doctors, veterinarians, scientists and nurses among my friends and family. I would love to walk into an office and see one of those perched above the receptionist's desk or among the plastic anatomical models.

Of course! Just have to decide which is the best--they're all so awesome.

And I, too, would adore seeing those in a doctor's office. Hmm... Wonder if my OBGYN would get a kick out of one of those as a thank you gift? :lol:

I'm dying to get a Boyfriend Bear (second hand, of course), name it Hyman (thanks, thoughtful) and keep my condoms and birth control in its pocket. It can sit on the nightstand and watch while my boyfriend and I do the deed. Ooh, and I wanna pull out some of its stuffing and keep my vibrator in it! I'm sitting here laughing at the thought of defiling a purity bear...I'm not sure what that says about me.

The next FreeJinger venture - we can re-purpose the Boyfriend Bears and sell them as Safe Sex Bears!

The bear prayer circle is beyond creepy... the fact that they did not take it as a joke picture!

A few years ago, on a doll collecting board I am on, someone posted a picture of a few "pregnant teen" dolls as a joke. There was a HUGE uproar because the dolls were not staying "pure" and "innocent"!!111! :lol: (These are American Girl dolls so they are made to represent 8-12 year old girls, so not dolls that are supposed to be adults.)

Of course! Just have to decide which is the best--they're all so awesome.

And I, too, would adore seeing those in a doctor's office. Hmm... Wonder if my OBGYN would get a kick out of one of those as a thank you gift? :lol:

Last year I gave a some of my doctors pins from www.iheartguts.com (cute organs) for Christmas... they thought they were funny, so I'm sure some doctors would appreciate the microbes too!

I think all of my medical stuffed animals are going to move to my office when I become a doctor. Right now I want to be a pediatrician so I think it's ok :dance: I have a flesh eating bacteria, e. coli, and a white cell (named Luke the Leukocyte!). I also have a brain stuffed animal from I Heart Guts and a build-a-bear owl with a surgeon outfit (he has his own x-ray which I think is adorable).

The bear prayer circle is beyond creepy... the fact that they did not take it as a joke picture!

A few years ago, on a doll collecting board I am on, someone posted a picture of a few "pregnant teen" dolls as a joke. There was a HUGE uproar because the dolls were not staying "pure" and "innocent"!!111! :lol: (These are American Girl dolls so they are made to represent 8-12 year old girls, so not dolls that are supposed to be adults.)

Last year I gave a some of my doctors pins from http://www.iheartguts.com (cute organs) for Christmas... they thought they were funny, so I'm sure some doctors would appreciate the microbes too!

I think all of my medical stuffed animals are going to move to my office when I become a doctor. Right now I want to be a pediatrician so I think it's ok :dance: I have a flesh eating bacteria, e. coli, and a white cell (named Luke the Leukocyte!). I also have a brain stuffed animal from I Heart Guts and a build-a-bear owl with a surgeon outfit (he has his own x-ray which I think is adorable).

plush-huge-uterus_med.jpg

Can we send this to Michelle?

My BFF is a resident. If she ever has her own office, I know she will have those in it. She already has ebola.

They will probably have to share the office space with Support Zombies props and Nightmare Before Christmas stuff.

Archived